• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Learn To Chant Ashtadyayi Free course

renuka

I didnt know which subsection to COPY and PASTE this but I thought GD would be fine too.

Its a free learn to chant Ashtadyayi Course ..starting today.
Those who want to go live in Webinar may do so or wait for the recorded videos to be uploaded.

Whether one knows Sanskrit or not does not matter cos chanting anything rewires the brains and refreshes neurons.

Thanks Doctor for the information.
Acharya Panini's "Ashtadyayi" is the magnum opus of Sanskrit Grammar. Wonderful opportunity for learners. I have enrolled myself in the Course to refresh my knowledge. I request the youngsters to join the Course offered free by Vyoma Samskritha Pathasala.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Thanks Doctor for the information.
Acharya Panini's "Ashtadyayi" is the magnum opus of Sanskrit Grammar. Wonderful opportunity for learners. I have enrolled myself in the Course to refresh my knowledge. I request the youngsters to join the Course offered free by Vyoma Samskritha Pathasala.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.
Great! The 1st video was out in You tube last nite..21 sutras were chanted....after chanting the head does feel some different feel and you can almost hear the verses in your head..Ashtadyayi seems to have some neuronal effect.

Its daily monday to friday.

Doctor,
I tried "YouTube" and heard the first lesson of Ashtadyayi. It's good and simple. The Siva Sutras recited there is included in the manthras recited during Avani Avittam day under Vedarambam.

"Shiva Sutras (Śivasūtrāṇi) or Māheśvara Sūtrāṇi are fourteen verses that organize the phonemes of Sanskrit as referred to in the Aṣṭādhyāyī of Pāṇini, the foundational text of Sanskrit grammar.
A famous verse in Sage Panini’s Ashtadhyayi says that the Panini grammar that is in use now is graced by Lord Shiva. Hence the first known organized sounds are known as the Maheshvara Sutra – Maheshvara being another name of Lord Shiva. Here is the verse from Panini’s Ashta-Dhyayi:
At the end of His Cosmic Dance,
Shiva, the Lord of Dance,
with a view to bless the sages Sanaka and so on, played on His Damaru fourteen times,
from which emerged the following fourteen Sutras, popularly known as Shiva Sutras or Maheshvara Sutras

Within the tradition they are known as the Akṣarasamāmnāya, “recitation of phonemes,” but they are popularly known as the Siva Sutras because they are said to have been revealed to Pāṇini by Shiva. They were either"(Copied from internet sources)

Sages Vararuchi (Katyayana) and Patanjali have written vartikas on Ashtadyayi.

I wish more students from younger generation join the course and learn the language, which will help to open the repository of knowledge.
Regards,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Doctor,
I tried "YouTube" and heard the first lesson of Ashtadyayi. It's good and simple. The Siva Sutras recited there is included in the manthras recited during Avani Avittam day under Vedarambam.

"Shiva Sutras (Śivasūtrāṇi) or Māheśvara Sūtrāṇi are fourteen verses that organize the phonemes of Sanskrit as referred to in the Aṣṭādhyāyī of Pāṇini, the foundational text of Sanskrit grammar.
A famous verse in Sage Panini’s Ashtadhyayi says that the Panini grammar that is in use now is graced by Lord Shiva. Hence the first known organized sounds are known as the Maheshvara Sutra – Maheshvara being another name of Lord Shiva. Here is the verse from Panini’s Ashta-Dhyayi:
At the end of His Cosmic Dance,
Shiva, the Lord of Dance,
with a view to bless the sages Sanaka and so on, played on His Damaru fourteen times,
from which emerged the following fourteen Sutras, popularly known as Shiva Sutras or Maheshvara Sutras

Within the tradition they are known as the Akṣarasamāmnāya, “recitation of phonemes,” but they are popularly known as the Siva Sutras because they are said to have been revealed to Pāṇini by Shiva. They were either"(Copied from internet sources)

Sages Vararuchi (Katyayana) and Patanjali have written vartikas on Ashtadyayi.

I wish more students from younger generation join the course and learn the language, which will help to open the repository of knowledge.
Regards,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.
Dear Sir,

Sign up at Vyomalab for free with a username and password and you can access the same videos in an arranged format so we dont miss any lesson.
In You tube sometimes the videos can be scattered.

Dear Brahamanyan Ji,

After listening to the 2nd video I would like to share with you something I feel would aid learning(may be you already know this better than me).

That is on the 1st day I was reading the sutras from a book as I chanted it but today I did not do that cos I felt if I read and recite my brain would think "Oh Ok I can read it later so it wont go into memory mode"

So today I didnt read as I chanted..I relied fully on auditory and even closed my eyes so no other input distracts my mind and my brain would have to store it....it worked and retention capability is higher when I dont read as i chant.

I thought I would share this with you since you have signed up for this course too.

Dear Brahamanyan Ji,

After listening to the 2nd video I would like to share with you something I feel would aid learning(may be you already know this better than me).

That is on the 1st day I was reading the sutras from a book as I chanted it but today I did not do that cos I felt if I read and recite my brain would think "Oh Ok I can read it later so it wont go into memory mode"

Doctor,

Yes, your observation is absolutely correct. What we learn by hearing stays in brain for life, if they are repeated often. That is how we learn language for communication when we are children. Vedas are called "Sruthi" meaning 'that which is heard' passed on by word of mouth. Even now many in villages may not know to read or write, but can discuss many subjects that they have learnt in life by anubhava (direct experience). By transfering our knowledge to Books we store for future.
I heard the first lesson fully, it's very clear with the youngster repeating twice.
Regards
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Yesterday while learning to chant the sutras by memory...suddenly a thought came to me " nahi nahi rakshatin dukren karane"

just a feeling..shouldnt i be memorizing a religious text instead of grammar?

Just a weird thought.

Latest ads

Back