• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kovil Palayam Shri Kala Kaleshwarar

Dear All,

This is very specific to Taureans - All Taureans are requested to visit this temple - Kala Kaleshwarer at Kovil Palayam, Coimbatore.
Brief about Temple: Kaalakaaleswarar Temple is 25 km away from Coimbatore at Kovilpalayam in Coimbatore District. Lord Shiva is the principal deity of the temple. This temple is nearly 2000 years old. History is that Yamaraja dedicated a shivlingam and prayed here to get absolved from the punishment of Lord Shiva. As Shiva is said to be the master of Yama (Kalan), the temple got its name as Kaalakaaleswarar temple.

One can reach the temple from Coimbatore by any buses (from Main Gandhipuram Bustand) towards Annur, It is just behind the main Bustop. The Kaalakaleshwara Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, is built by Cholas during 8th century A.D, lies on the banks of the Kousika River at Kovilpalayam.

Dakshinamoorthy statue in this temple is believed to be the largest Dakshinamoorthy statue in Asia . People from all over Tamil Nadu and from other states visit on Pradosham day festivals.

This temple is one of the important temple for Taureans and request to visit at least twice or thrice in a year. While visiting, please do the pooja for Dhakshnamoorthy and Lord Siva. Why Taureans, Dhakshnamoorthy in this temple is very powerful and his blessings is mandate for Taureans during this Guru peyerchi.

I came to know through my friend hence i am sharing the same to all our community people.

"Loka Samastha Sukino Bavanthu"

Latest ads

Back