• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Keeping Headlights always 'on', in vehicles........

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rudhran

[h=1]After first April, when you see any Bike/Scooter from the opposite direction with lights ‘on’ during day time, don’t gesture them to turn 'off' the head lights…. because this feature is mandatory..[/h][h=1]Keeping lamps always on, in vehicles[/h]Chennai: All newly-bought motorcycles from April will come equipped with automatic headlight on (AHO) feature as the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways recently passed an order making it mandatory.

In addition, BS-IV emission norms have also strictly been implemented by the Ministry. But residents have mixed opinions with respect to the new regulations. While a set of people claim the feature is a step forward in improving safety of vehicles, a few claim it doesn’t make a lot of difference while merely hiking the cost.

“The usual scenario on Indian roads is that people will alert the rider if he drives his motorcycle with its headlight on during the day, to switch off. But, in reality, keeping the headlight on whenever the vehicle is driven will reduce chance of accidents. It increases the level of safety by showing the sign of the vehicle’s presence on the road,” said Krishnasamy, a road safety activist based out of the city. A few auto enthusiasts have also lauded the move citing the improvement in the vehicle’s aesthetics.

Chandru, an auto enthusiast from Chitlapakkam, told News Today, “Keeping the headlight always on makes the motorcycle look beautiful. It gives better road presence and makes the vehicle stand out from the crowd. All this while, I used to fix daytime running LEDs and angel lights to improve aesthetics but now they have become a mandatory requirement.”

“Earlier, even police personnel used to tell me to switch off fancy lights but now I am happy that I can fix how many ever lights

I want,” he grinned. Sources also say that the new rules and regulations have increased the overall price of many vehicles.
A showroom employee of a popular two-wheeler brand said, “The prices of vehicles have increased by over Rs 4,000 in certain high-end models. The change in design of the switch gear and re-working the wiring incurred higher labour costs and that has been pushed to the end-user.”

Sources also said the price rise will stay for over one year till the entire manufacturing line is streamlined to become accustomed to the new regulations. Users also complained about wiring problems in the brand fan pages on Facebook.

Read more at: http://newstodaynet.com/index.php/2017/03/22/keeping-lamps-always-on-in-vehicles/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back