• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kamachi Amman Vilaku significance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Why we specifically say kamatchi amman vilaku when there are so many amman names existing? Is there any specific reason or relation between Kamatch Goddess with Light?

And in any kamatch amman vilaku, only Lakshmi goddess with two gajendras are there.. Is there any reason for this contradictory representation?

Or is it due to evolution? Was there a real kamatch amman vilaku in earlier ancestor days which had changed in course of time ?

Just enlighten me..

The "Deepam" denotes knowledge, and eradicates the darkness/ignorance in us.
The Goddess Kamakshi in the form of light illuminates the knowledge in us and drives out
the ignorance. That is why we worship the Light in the form of Kamakshi. Thus
the knowledge that we gain removes totally the ignorance just like the light removes darkness.
in the area where it is lit. The traditional oil lamp of Kamakshi Vilakku
has its own spiritual significance. Theoil or ghee that we use in the Deepam
to lit the 'thiri' or wick, while the deepam glows all the negative tendencies
get burnt out just like the wick. Once the wick gets burnt out, all the
negative tendencies will slowly get eliminated. If one watches the wick, it
always glows upwards. It means that we have every opportunity towards
high thoughts and ideals, as we start worshiping the Goddess Kamakshi.

There is a sloka to chant while lighting the Deepam, which can be chanted
by anyone.

Jyothi of the Deepam is Parabrahmam.

Therefore, one can prostrate to the Goddess Kamakshi both in the
morning and evening while lighting the Deepam.

Balasubramanian

Hi

Why we specifically say kamatchi amman vilaku when there are so many amman names existing? Is there any specific reason or relation between Kamatch Goddess with Light?

And in any kamatch amman vilaku, only Lakshmi goddess with two gajendras are there.. Is there any reason for this contradictory representation?

Or is it due to evolution? Was there a real kamatch amman vilaku in earlier ancestor days which had changed in course of time ?

Just enlighten me..

Dear Sir,

A source reliable to me told me that Kamakshi Amman is basically 'Gaja Lakshmi' or 'Lakshmi of power' - one of the 8 Ashta-Lakshmis. I know, this is contradictory with the Shaiva 'Lalitha Tripurasundari' Kamakshi but this what I have been told. I do not know the reasons why Gaja-Lakshmi is known as Kamakshi, but who you see thus in lamps is Gaja-lakshmi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back