• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Justification for Guru Drona asking Ekalaiva's Thump as Guru Dhakshina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justification for Guru Drona asking Ekalaiva's Thump as Guru Dhakshina

Ekalavya was actually a grey character: partially good and partially bad. Before practicing the shastras (shastra vidya) in front of Drona’s idol, earlier he learned Paishacha vidya from group of devils (pishachi). From this force only, he fought against Sri Krishna with Jarasanda and got defeated. Ekalavya attacked Krishna for the second time and got defeated. Ekalavya thought that it’s not possible to kill Sri Krishna using Paishacha Astra. In order to get Divine astras, he came to Dronacharya with bad intention

After Dronacharya obtained the Guru Dakshina, he then started to teach Ekalavya the Astra Vidya.

Ekalavya was an amsha of Manimanta, the leader of a certain group of demons although he was talented and came from hunter family. Even demons show devotion towards their master but their actions are demonic and their intentions are against what is good for the society.

All scriptures enjoin that the only way to learn is by approaching a spiritual master, inquiring submissively from him and rendering service to him.Disciple means subjecting oneself to the discipline of the Guru. However Ekalavya did not do this, he actually used Drona solely for the purpose of enhancing his own reputation as a warrior. Drona thus considered Ekalavya’s behavior to be improper.

Drona is a Trikalagya (one who can see past, present and future). Both Eklavya and Karna were made incapable to use archery against Arjuna because both would be in the side of Duruyodhana and both Drona and Parshuram knew it in advance.

Ekalavya-ism, which is a bhava (ideal or sentiment) in the Mahabharata, is a philosophy of self learning with a meditative mind without physical presence of a Guru something which is technologically possible today.

http://hinduconcepts.blogspot.in/2013/01/why-drona-did-not-teach-archery-to.html

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101025101659AACytK5

Ekalavya is not grey.

All this character assassination is just to JUSTIFY the actions of Drona.

The very title of this thread is self explanatory..JUSTIFICATION.

Dharma does NOT need Justification..only Adharma needs Justification to make it palatable by brainwashing the masses.

Its the Dharma of the sun to shine..does the sun ever justify why he needs to shine? Nope!

Frankly speaking its Drona who is the 50 shades of grey character.

His whole life was about pride and revenge.

Being slighted by Drupada made him go into revenge mode cos his pride was hurt.

Why couldn't he just ignore what Drupada did and move on with life?

It speaks a lot about his lack of control of emotions hence he became a "Revenge of the Jedi!"LOL

Last edited:
Mr PJ always brings interesting topics. Not sure why it is in Sociology section.

I could never understand an expert teacher like Drona asking for Eklavya's finger for lessons he never agreed to teach.

Ekalvya should have told him "I will erect a mud image of myself and break the finger of the mud image and give to the image of you, Drona"

hi

i think all these ramayana/mahabharata characters within ourself....our own emotions/actions are these characters....

i never see these outside...its within our own action/reactions....

Not sure why it is in Sociology section.

I could never understand an expert teacher like Drona asking for Eklavya's finger for lessons he never agreed to teach.

Ekalvya should have told him "I will erect a mud image of myself and break the finger of the mud image and give to the image of you, Drona"

It interesting may be true - Justice Muthuswamy Iyer was called "sociopath" becuse of his insenstivity towards the suppresed! Drona was a sociopath - in thinking duties to be decided by Dhama of Karma Hence in Sociology section!

Drona is a bad Acharya - for his discriminatinon among the Pupils I always felt the Drona Award for coaches is is an insult to teachers and coaches! It should have been named after Ambedkar the teacher who taught Bhim ! Gurudakshina though not asked for Bhim offers - changes of his name in reverence to his teacher! did not loose his Right hand thumb! - could write his thoughs and feeling freely and not being crippled!

Last edited:
Ekalavya is not grey.

All this character assassination is just to JUSTIFY the actions of Drona.

The very title of this thread is self explanatory..JUSTIFICATION.

Dharma does NOT need Justification..only Adharma needs Justification to make it palatable by brainwashing the masses.

Its the Dharma of the sun to shine..does the sun ever justify why he needs to shine? Nope!

Frankly speaking its Drona who is the 50 shades of grey character.

His whole life was about pride and revenge.

Being slighted by Drupada made him go into revenge mode cos his pride was hurt.

Why couldn't he just ignore what Drupada did and move on with life?

It speaks a lot about his lack of control of emotions hence he became a "Revenge of the Jedi!"LOL

Madam,
You need not add the word " LOL " in you posts.
It's implied and go without saying......

Mr PJ always brings interesting topics. Not sure why it is in Sociology section.

Sri TB Sir

Thanks for your comment.

Since today is Guru Purnima Day, i posted this thread in Sociology Section for wider views.

Even now we are supposed to pay Guru Dakshina to Sasthrigal even when we do Tharpanam and other Poojas at Home using Books, Audio, Video, CD Cassettes.

Sri TB Sir

Thanks for your comment.

Since today is Guru Purnima Day, i posted this thread in Sociology Section for wider views.

Even now we are supposed to pay Guru Dakshina to Sasthrigal even when we do Tharpanam and other Poojas at Home using Books, Audio, Video, CD Cassettes.

PJ Sir,

That is vADhiyAr dakshiNai and is different from the Guru dakshiNai paid to or demanded and paid to DronAcharyA. Yes vADhiyAr can also mean guru, but the context is different I think.

PJ Sir,

That is vADhiyAr dakshiNai and is different from the Guru dakshiNai paid to or demanded and paid to DronAcharyA. Yes vADhiyAr can also mean guru, but the context is different I think.

zebra Sir

Although it is Vaithega Dakshina, there also Sasthrigal was not Physically present;

It is just show a similarity .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back