• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Jaggi Vasudev is a publicity hound: Palanivel Thiagarajan

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
“Publicity hound”, “charlatan”, “commercial operator”, are some of his descriptions of the godman. HR& CE minister to investigate “what was going on in the Isha Yoga Centre at Coimbatore.”

1621053325513.png

I am deeply saddened by this news. I do not attach too much importance to such an investigation by a disgruntled politician.

I really like Sadguru Vasudeva's teachings. The individual Jaggi Vasudeva may not be perfect, but no human is. He did support BJP and Hindutva but they are his base. Then again he can have any political leanings, that is his prerogative.
Sadguru's position on Temple management is universal at least in the TB community.

Last edited:
What can we expect from the anti Hindu & anti Brahmin party that has taken reins in Tamil Nadu..I abhor the Tamil Hindus who voted for such charlatans...Ezhilan spoken so vulgarly about Hindu pantheons..But the public elected him...No doubt the missionaries and mullahs are elated and having the last laugh....

What can we expect from the anti Hindu & anti Brahmin party that has taken reins in Tamil Nadu..I abhor the Tamil Hindus who voted for such charlatans...Ezhilan spoken so vulgarly about Hindu pantheons..But the public elected him...No doubt the missionaries and mullahs are elated and having the last laugh....
It is good to see you back in the forum.
I missed our discussions.

Even Urdu speaking Muslims are elected in TN Assembly 2021 elections...There are more than half a dozen Muslims...But those who are speaking Tamil and born, living and contributing to Tamil Nadu's success in most fields have been treated like a social outcast..They made sure that there should not be a single Brahmin in TN Assembly...With so much of hate what else can we expect....Tamil Hindus will see their traditions trampled with glee...But I guess what can save the Brahmins are only ferocity and valor...We should not sit idle but take to the streets wherever possible...Else you would be thrown out lock, stock and barrel..

hi

this is going to continue for next 5 yrs in TN.....this is the result of this election....even BJP MLAs are

toothless in the present govt system...lets see ....many like things going to happen...

Is the Guru selling tickets or merely issuing receipts for donations voluntarily made by followers? I worked as a consultant for a large corporate where some of the employees (who were his followers) used to collect donations for Annadanam organised in his name. Many of these employees were non vegetarian non Brahmins - I say this only to emphasize that his following transcends caste and community.

And, as to his being a publicity hound I watch TV fairly regularly and it is generally only around the time of Maha Shivaratri that he seems to make an appearance. In contrast, there are many religious leaders of other faiths who can be seen at least 100 days in a year.

(Late) D G S Dinakaran, the pentecostal preacher found the money to purchase a 7 storey building on Rajaji Salai just opposite the Chennai Beach station (prime among prime locations). This man did not just preach God - he criticised all other forms of worship to the extent of calling Lord Krishna a fraudster and saying that pictures of deities that we have at home are all an invitation to the devil and even the young children were tutored to walk over the 'Kolam' that we have at the entrance to our homes. The hundreds and possibly thousands who attended his 'salvation events' never returned empty handed. They were asked to buy cassettes and dvds of hymns and sermons by him and his family and they were counselled to never watch or listen to other sinful programs on TV etc. This is how he found the money to buy the 7 storey building and a lot of other real estate. When he died the great icon of secularism Karunanidhi went in person to pay his homage to this fanatic.

If Minister has a real case he should go through court of law. He is using his power and resorting to name-calling, intimidation. If he feels Free TN Temple is wrong he should have put facts around that clearly instead of his libel against Sadhguru.

Sadhguru Opens Up On Starting 'Free Tamil Nadu Temples' Campaign & 'Temple Towns' In State​

This is the true state of affairs in Tamil India,

'Release temples from govt control and handover to devotees': Sadhguru appeals to TN political parties​

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, the founder of Isha Foundation, urged the Tamil Nadu Government to free temples from its control, to enable their upkeep, preserve their sanctity and reverse their alarming state of decline in the Southern Indian state.

"To protect the thousands of temples in Tamil Nadu that are gradually being ruined, the Tamil Nadu government should free temples from the clutches of the government and hand them to the devotees," Sadhguru tweeted tagging Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy, Opposition Leader MK Stalin and actor Rajinikanth.

Quoting the Government Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department’s submission in Court, Sadhguru said, "11,999 temples (are) dying without a single pooja taking place. 34,000 temples are struggling with (revenue of) less than Rs 10,000 a year and 37,000 temples have (appointed) just one person for pooja, maintenance, security etc."

The tweets and videos are part of a Twitter thread that Sadhguru has recently released to highlight the state of temples under state control in Tamil Nadu.

Sadhguru observed how it was shameful that temples captured for greed by the East India Company 300 years ago, continue to languish in states of utter neglect even 74 years after our independence. "If the same situation persists, all but 10 important temples will not exist in the next 100 years," it was pointed out ominously.

Tamil Nadu extends lockdown till THIS date, instructs authorities to enforce strict COVID-19 norms
Pertaining to the term ‘secular’, he stated that it meant state and religion will not interfere in each other’s affairs- a right enjoyed by all religions except the Hindu faith. The Constitution terms India a secular nation. However, though all religions manage their own spaces of worship, the special Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Act gives the state control over Hindu temples, he adds.

Ahead of the upcoming polls, Sadhguru urged political parties in the state to give a commitment to the people to free temples from the slavery of the government. "If we do not protect the temples in this generation, they will be gone in the next 50-100 years. Temples that are the source and lifeblood of this culture will be completely devastated” he mentioned.

Tamil Nadu Government devotees Temples Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Tamil Nadu elections 2021

Thanks to Praveenji for focusing on this problem.

I do not follow Sadhguru as my Atma Guru. But, I know several non Indian origin Americans follow his teachings and are quite happy.

From where I stand one only sees a person who has the welfare of humanity in his heart. He has single handedly, with a volunteer organization created awareness of our cultural heritage all over the world. By the way, if at all he has any thoughts about the Brahmins, it is negative, in the sense, as a group the Brahmins did not treat some fellow humans as humans. I do not agree 100% with him on this part of our history.

This is a political attack, to safeguard the money gravy train for the politicians, from administering HRCE. But, as always, Truth will win out.

Vasudev is giving a bad example by dancing with rich and film stars. Have you seen dancing with poor people? His talks are primitive and downright sickly for people who are well read and practice Sanatana Dharma quietly without any publicity. God and Godliness DO NOt require protection from people like Vasudev who eats what is others' toil, without working for it. He is following a lavish life while several people are dying around us. Temples are under Govt. for a long time and the people who loot are not necessarily the Govt. servants and the politicians. Trustees and powerful(/) people had been doing this for ages.

Indeed it is a political attack. There is a veiled threat issued to Sri Sadhguru not to mess up with the milking cow of the State. By the way, it also a stark reminder that the Christian Missionaries control the Media....and they would set the agenda for the Stalin Government. As usual, the laid-back ways of the Hindus are set to be tested once again.

“Publicity hound”, “charlatan”, “commercial operator”, are some of his descriptions of the godman. HR& CE minister to investigate “what was going on in the Isha Yoga Centre at Coimbatore.”

View attachment 12689

View attachment 12689

Lets not waste this forum for politically related news. Everyone can say she/ he is politically right

I have no love for self styled gurus catering to the elite brahmins .Most of them ultimately end up behind bars.
Brahmins do not
require shady gurus .
Only brahmins left over in TN are temple archakar and cooks .
As long as they receive a good dole from govt or general public they should be happy.
Some well off brahmins running high end schools are caught in molesting scandals in their schools
Bjp has a few brahmin supporters in TN.
ADMK lost in TN elections due to tie up with bjp
Brahmins ought to accept the realities and look for better life outside TN.

I have no love for self styled gurus catering to the elite brahmins .Most of them ultimately end up behind bars.
Brahmins do not

require shady gurus .
As long as they receive a good dole from govt or general public they should be happy.
Some well off brahmins running high end schools are caught in molesting scandals in their schools
This post is not about Jaggi Vasudev. It is about Temple (mis)-management in South India.

The article is not about Jaggi Vasudev.
It is about the management of the Temples in Tamil Nadu and south India. Let us not start a personal attack on Jaggi Vasudev in this thread.
If you have a problem with any Guru post a separate thread in accordance with Forum Rules.

Brahmins do not

require shady gurus .
hi

i agreed based on next five yrs life in TN.....very reality....we moved from agraharams to cities..

now many are moving abroad....so migration is part of our life and in our blood...

Temples and mutts have remained embroiled in controversies.
Kanchi mutt 's name was dragged in and godmen got into trouble.
Nit
yananda was appreciated a lot until his affairs with women were exposed.
Every year we find some sadhu or other hits news headlines.
In north it was Ram rahim.recently.
So many in saffron are in politics. One national level political party patronises these men and women.
And politicians get into controversies due to saffron types
General public only enjoy reading about their actions in papers and on TV shows

DMK has come to power, not on minority votes alone but by getting the votes of a big chunk of shameless Hindus who do not care about the way DMK insults and targets Hindu beliefs alone all these years. So it is not a surprise that there is no big protest from the Hindus to the moronic utterances of the so called highly educated Finance minster who has nothing to do with HR & CE. As long as Hindus are divided nothing can be achieved.
It is a known fact that both the Dravidian parties have been looting the Temple funds and illegally selling temple lands while letting out the properties for peanuts rent. It is a shame that we have people who try to side with the looters, justifying their deeds, saying that it is not merely the government officials who are involved in looting. It should be possible for the central government to pass a resolution in the parliament to restore the temples but we have more serious issues to focus now as the Corona pandemic is still a major concern.

Vasudev is giving a bad example by dancing with rich and film stars. Have you seen dancing with poor people? His talks are primitive and downright sickly for people who are well read and practice Sanatana Dharma quietly without any publicity. God and Godliness DO NOt require protection from people like Vasudev who eats what is others' toil, without working for it. He is following a lavish life while several people are dying around us. Temples are under Govt. for a long time and the people who loot are not necessarily the Govt. servants and the politicians. Trustees and powerful(/) people had been doing this for ages.
With your spiritual ignorance and immaturity, there is no way you can understand the outer actions of realized soul. Just introspect without ego whether you are anywhere even remotely comparable to him. What way you are protecting Sanatana Dharma? Just a keyboard warrior with highly egoistic and negative attitude. That is what you are. You are shamelessly justifying the loot of temple assets by the politicians by your unsubstantiated crooked claim implying that the Archakars are involved in the loot as well. People like you are a curse to the Hindus or those who follow Sanatana Dharma of which you have no knowledge.

Latest ads

Back