• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is There no Solution for Stray Dogs Menace in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Two separate incidents in the last 2 days have once again put the spotlight on the stray dog menace in the state. An elderly woman was mauled to death by a pack of stray dogs. A day later, 8 people were bitten by a stray dog. With complaints rising, an under pressure Kerala government is blaming weak central laws on controlling stray animals.
http://www.news18.com/videos/india/is-there-no-solution-for-stray-dogs-menace-in-india-1284290.html

Thiruvananthapuram: To tackle the stray dog menace in Kerala, the CPI(M)-led LDF government on Tuesday said it would take steps to cull violent street dogs by injecting "special medicines".
Local Administration Minister K T Jaleel said his department's secretary has been authorised to issue orders to civic bodies for culling of violent street dogs by injecting "special medicines".

In Bangalore BBMP has initiated steralization of Street dogs as a solution for reducing the population of stay dogs in the City. Dog catchers come in vans and catch the stray dogs and leave them again after steralizing them. This looks more humane than culling them.

Sterilizing the dogs will not prevent them from biting people. In Coimbatore district, the mad dogs are

named 'masa nAy' and such dogs always attack and bite people! These dogs are better kept in some special

enclosed area and not left to roam freely on the streets.

Once, my dad treated an old lady bitten by a mad dog and in haste, he forgot to wear his gloves while washing

her wound. Since he had a small cut in one of his fingers, he had to take the special (painful) injections to

guard him from any possible infection. :sad:

Sterilizing the dogs will not prevent them from biting people. In Coimbatore district, the mad dogs are

named 'masa nAy' and such dogs always attack and bite people! These dogs are better kept in some special

enclosed area and not left to roam freely on the streets.

Once, my dad treated an old lady bitten by a mad dog and in haste, he forgot to wear his gloves while washing

her wound. Since he had a small cut in one of his fingers, he had to take the special (painful) injections to

guard him from any possible infection. :sad:

Meneka Gandhi is the guardian angel of Stray Dogs. After long battle the Delhi Stray dogs were rounded up before the commonwealth games. But with agreement with Meneka gandhi they were released back on the street.
"We will relocate the dogs to an animal protection centre, tag them and once the games are over they will be released at the old location," Mathur said.

In the olden days, stray dogs were rounded up and held for 7 days in a kennel, and after that they were euthanized. There was no stray dogs in my town in India.

Last edited:
Dear Prasad Sir,

In my village, stray dogs were killed in a very inhuman way; they were hit on the forehead with a big hammer.

My dad used to tell us that it would be better to give the dogs pAyasam followed by poison. :rip:

Stray dogs are a menace every where..In Gurgaon, in our society our society has employed a person whose only work is to go after stray dogs and get them caught by the Municipality!!

How to deal with the stray dog problem in Kerala: Listen to this dog catcher

Out of the 75-odd trained dog-catchers in Kerala, only one persists in the profession against all odds.
Authorities reportedly prefer to use the services of untrained temporary workers rather than professional dog-catchers, just to avoid having to pay more.

Professional dog-catcher MG Satheesh -a resident of Attingal in Thiruvananthapuram- sounds bemused at the sudden spurt of media interest in him, in the backdrop of the alarming rise in the stray menace that has dogged Kerala in recent times.
Speaking to The News Minute, Satheesh points out that there are almost 75 trained dog-catchers in Kerala, yet none apart from him continue in this thankless profession, only because authorities are unwilling to hire them at a fair price.

“Earlier, I worked for the Thiruvananthapuram Municipal Corporation for about four and a half years, but when faced with a circumstance wherein I had to make a choice regarding whether or not to bribe a doctor on the panel, I quit. Imagine, in a job where you were earlier paid a pittance, having to factor in a bribe as well! I am yet to get my dues from the Corporation, but it is simply not worth hanging around for,” Satheesh sounds more sad than angry.

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/how-deal-stray-dog-problem-kerala-listen-dog-catcher-48878

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back