• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Indian-American Professor Kartik Chandran wins ‘genius grant’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great achievement!

Indian-American Professor wins ‘genius grant’

Washington, September 30, 2015

• IANS

Kartik_chandran_2566680f.jpg

Kartik Chandran’s work is widely recognised. Photo Macarthur Foundation

$625,000 for his work on converting wastewater into a resource.

Kartik Chandran, an Indian-American Associate Professor of Earth and Environmental Engineering at Columbia Engineering, has been named a 2015 MacArthur Fellow with a “genius grant” of $625,000 (Rs. 4.09 crore).
Mr. Chandran, an IIT-Roorkee graduate, has won the fellowship for his work in “transforming wastewater from a pollutant requiring disposal to a resource for useful products, such as commodity chemicals, energy sources, and fertilizers.”
He joins a distinguished group of 24 talented people who have all demonstrated exceptional originality and dedication to their creative pursuitsas well as a marked capacity for self-direction. The fellows may use the $625,000 stipend as they see fit.
“When I received the call telling me that I had been awarded a MacArthur Fellowship, I was rather overwhelmed,” Mr. Chandran said. “I’d just returned to New York from India after a 24-hour flight and couldn’t believe what I was hearing.”
Mr. Chandran’s research on the global nitrogen cycle and engineered wastewater treatment has been widely recognised. In 2011, he received a $1.5 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to develop a transformative model for water and sanitation management in Africa

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/sc...chandran-wins-genius-grant/article7708024.ece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back