• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Indian-American girl floors Obamas with 'garam masala' burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

letssmove-commmm.jpg

Shreya Patel. (Picture courtesy: letsmove.gov)

WASHINGTON: A 9-year-old Indian-American girl who floored the Obamas by serving them a Quinoa burger with raita, enhanced with 'garam masala', cumin and ginger, won a chance to attend the Kids' State Dinner hosted by first lady Michelle.

Shreya Patel from Chicago was pleasantly surprised when US President Barack Obama came to her table during the Kids State Dinner hosted at the White House.

Accompanied by her mother Priti Patel, Shreya was the only Indian-American to have been invited by the First Lady for now what has become an annual event. The 55 participants to the Kids State Dinner were selected from a national Healthy Lunchtime Challenge. Nearly 1,000 kids had entered the competition this year.

"I have watched my mom and grandma make all sorts of delicious food in the kitchen with an Indian twist since I was born," Shreya said. "I have been helping them cook since I was three. I love to mix, measure, chop, and even clean up afterwards," she said. "My grandma and I came up with this recipe together because we both love sandwiches. We make this recipe often to take to school for lunch or even on picnics with friends," Shreya added.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-garam-masala-burger/articleshow/48074152.cms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back