• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

India youth rises like Phoenix as the hardcore liberals are silenced on social media !!

This is what happens when dissent is silenced in the country. The entire youth has risen like a Phoenix and protesting relentlessly against the govt as all the liberal voices were silenced one by one including this forum.

And of course these kids are right, there is no way this country can move away from liberal inclusive democracy. Not only has the youth risen up in protest, the international focus and condemnation is severe.

And someone was asking when sanctions will come. Just around the corner unfortunately, the sanctions will not only come from the us congress and senate, but also from UNSC.

And it is such a tragedy for our country and I deeply lament the loss of our liberal inclusive fabric of our society. And where we go from here is anybody's guess, and will this govt reverse any of these decisions ?? is highly doubtful.

So this deadly standoff will continue leading us dangerously into failed state territory !!!

And I hope the viral acharyas warning of india sliding into a Venezuela does not come true for the sake of our people !

And will anyone form the govt listen, reverse these retrogade policies of CAA and proposed NRC, and restore Article 370, and reach out to the Muslims to build a inclusive society ??

And as the entire country's youth is protesting, we are not able to debate and put forth our views on such a hot button issue, as the political section is banned and moved to private section !!!

Dissent is critical in a democracy, it allows people to vent out their frustrations against the govt and rally for their cause in a peaceful manner.

And when you clampdown on dissent this way, we get into the phase of mass uprising and violent protests.

Indian youths are really brave.
Especially the women..they seem fearless.

But honestly even though the act does NOT really strip away anyones citizenship but it creates a sense of fear ...a fear that just 1 religion isnt the preferred one.

And also the Bhakts are in overdrive and spew hatred though the actual Act isnt really discriminatory.

The reason partly is becos emotions rule more than being professional.

I have noticed North Indians tend to function more in emotional mode.
South Indians are less emotional and their intellect has less chest thumping mode.

I feel its high time a South Indian be elected as the leader of the nation..cos I am quite sure the same Act wouldnt have lead to a protest if it was handled more professionally.

But honestly even though the act does NOT really strip away anyones citizenship but it creates a sense of fear ...a fear that just 1 religion isnt the preferred one.

And also the Bhakts are in overdrive and spew hatred though the actual Act isnt really discriminatory.

South Indians are less emotional and their intellect has less chest thumping mode.

I feel its high time a South Indian be elected as the leader of the nation..cos I am quite sure the same Act wouldnt have lead to a protest if it was handled more professionally.

Agree to some of your points. But the act is totally unconstitutional and is against Muslims.

As a secular country, we cannot say, we will give citizenship to certain religious groups and exclude Muslims in the bill. Remember Israel is a Jewish country, it is not a secular one by constitution.

I don't think north or south matters if there are people and political parties who are hell bent in propagating falsehoods.

The CAA helps to fast track citizenship of persecuted minorities who are here as refugees who came from three neighborhood countries. It is a fact that the minority persecution has been the greatest in the three islamic counties.

The fiberals are not able to digest this basic truth. To say that the muslims are also equally persecuted in the countries which were specially formed as islamic countries following sharia law is nothing but a blatant lie. It is just an excuse. The real reason is the fiberals have so much hatred for hindus in general and that is why they are creating noise over CAA. That is all.

High time, this govt and it supporters come to ground reality instead of blaming liberals, etc.. And this false narrative has been thrown away by our youth,

1. Party Ideology is anti Muslim as per Savarkar and Golwalkars own writings.
2. Communal hate speeches for over 100 yrs or more starting from Hindu Mahasabha to RSS and BJP to Bajrang dal leaders etc..
3. Engineering Communal riots in state after state during and prior to elections.
4. Babri demolition. I mean, there cannot be more blatant example ??
5. Gau rakshaks vigilantism and lunchings - I mean, in a liberal democracy, how can a ruling dispensation get into all these sensitive issues and disturb communal harmony ??
Etc..

This is the sad reality, blaming fiberals is not going to help if the govt and its team is serious in resolving this mass uprising !!

First of all, there have been many youth gatherings that have supported the CAA act too. So to say that there is a general mass uprising against the govt on this issue is incorrect.

The violent protests have all been orchestrated in areas dominated by muslims. Don't try to whitewash that. You guys are burning buses, railway stations, pelting stones at innocent people etc

The very fact that you are trying to justify this violence instead of condemning it by your well known oft-repeated rants against hindutva with references to gau rakshaks etc speaks volumes.

Don't support burning of India by hooligans just to satisfy your ego, please!

First off, I am not justifying the violent protests at all. So let's not confuse this.

This is the unfortunate reality in our country today.

The question is who caused this mass uprising and violent protests ? The gvt itself by its serious of self goals.

What was the need for the CAA bill in the first place ? And what is the need for the proposed NRC ?

Our existing people themselves have no jobs, how can we help these additional Hindu immigrants if they are also jobless here ?

If some people are taking advantage and fanning this further or fishing in troubled waters, nobody is stopping the govt from taking actions.

By the way, the govt can stop all this on the tracks, by just withdrawing this disastrous bill and save our country from violent protests, but for sure, they will not without some embarrassing sanctions from us congress and UNSC. Like how China withdrew its bill after the US sanctions via the hong Kong resolution.

So much for calling themselves nationalists and branding the oppositon anti nationalists !!!

This govt has boxed itself into a corner and unable to come out of it. Despite numerous setbacks at international level on Kashmir, it is unable to rollback due to immense domestic pressure. Hence we are steadily and surely slipping into the sanctions regime.

The liberals and democrats in the USA are in no mood to relent on kashmir, and hence a strong resolution is unfortunately inevitable.

Same with the CAA and proposed NRC bills. Hence this standoff is likely to cotinge unless one of them blinks !!

Indian parliamentarians should not be forced to act to please the whims and fancies of foreign legislators including US. I mean US itself is vertically divided, for example, on the issue of impeachment. Let's not talk as if the US media are paragons of virtue either.

First off, I am not justifying the violent protests at all. So let's not confuse this.

This is the unfortunate reality in our country today.

The question is who caused this mass uprising and violent protests ? The gvt itself by its serious of self goals.

What was the need for the CAA bill in the first place ? And what is the need for the proposed NRC ?

Our existing people themselves have no jobs, how can we help these additional Hindu immigrants if they are also jobless here ?

If some people are taking advantage and fanning this further or fishing in troubled waters, nobody is stopping the govt from taking actions.

By the way, the govt can stop all this on the tracks, by just withdrawing this disastrous bill and save our country from violent protests, but for sure, they will not without some embarrassing sanctions from us congress and UNSC. Like how China withdrew its bill after the US sanctions via the hong Kong resolution.

So much for calling themselves nationalists and branding the oppositon anti nationalists !!!

You are speaking from both ends of the mouth now.

You oppose NRC in Assam even though that was created precisely to contain infiltration problem along the Bangla border. There you guys talk about human rights, country without borders etc

But you also oppose the CAA which fast tracks citizen-ship of persecuted minorities on account of absence of jobs?

I am sorry to say. In reality, it is simply contempt and hatred and lack of compassion for hindu refugees that shows through your post.

I know you could never make yourself accept the reality of the brutal Islamist regimes in our neighborhood. You are willingly blind and refuse to see this truth. In fact it is the same problem afflicting the other usual suspects of this forum. Very sad.

You are speaking from both ends of the mouth now.

You oppose NRC in Assam even though that was created precisely to contain infiltration problem along the Bangla border. There you guys talk about human rights, country without borders etc

But you also oppose the CAA which fast tracks citizen-ship of persecuted minorities on account of absence of jobs?

I am sorry to say. In reality, it is simply contempt and hatred and lack of compassion for hindu refugees that shows through your post.

I know you could never make yourself accept the reality of the brutal Islamist regimes in our neighborhood. You are willingly blind and refuse to see this truth. In fact it is the same problem afflicting the other usual suspects of this forum. Very sad.

No one can help if you want to live in an isolated world. Talking from both ends of the mouth is like the kettle calling the pot.....

There is no contradiction in the liberal position on both the issues. Yes, only some of us extreme liberals are for open borders, not all, but that does not stop you from having a sensible immigration plan.

CAA bill that does NOT exclude the persecuted Muslims like the ahmediyas, similar to Hindus, Sikhs, etc..would have been welcomed by one and all.

Any NRC bil that does NOT discriminate any refugees based on religion and handles them humanely, will always be welcomed. But that is not the case to be with our super duper govt.

For anyone who is NOT a supporter of this govt, the only inference can be, these guys brought in CAA is to protect the Hindu refugees from Bangladesh in Assam as they were left out of the NRC and send only the Muslims back.

No one can help if you want to live in an isolated world. Talking from both ends of the mouth is like the kettle calling the pot.....

There is no contradiction in the liberal position on both the issues. Yes, only some of us extreme liberals are for open borders, not all, but that does not stop you from having a sensible immigration plan.

CAA bill that does NOT exclude the persecuted Muslims like the ahmediyas, similar to Hindus, Sikhs, etc..would have been welcomed by one and all.

Any NRC bil that does NOT discriminate any refugees based on religion and handles them humanely, will always be welcomed. But that is not the case to be with our super duper govt.

For anyone who is NOT a supporter of this govt, the only inference can be, these guys brought in CAA is to protect the Hindu refugees from Bangladesh in Assam as they were left out of the NRC and send only the Muslims back.

Once again, everything must be in favor of muslims, isn't it? The whole world must be bent to suit their will, right?

One post above you were against CAA because India cant take in the burden. But you would be okay with it if it includes ahmadiyas. Hah! Suddenly India's burden dis appears. The CAA recognizes persecution based on religion and it recognizes the six communitites that are worst affected by such persecution - why it is so difficult to understand this? Only a person who has no conscience will compare the plight of persecuted minorities in those countries to muslims who persecute them. BTW, the ahmadiyas were in the forefront of formation of Pakistan.

You are saying the CAA with the NRC bill favors hindu refugees. Once again most of these refugees escaped the brutal regime of Bangladesh, which is a muslim nation. Are you saying muslims were persecuted by a muslim nation?

Oh by the way, all neighboring countries have some sort of national registry of citizens. Pakistan, Bangladesh already have something similar.

Malaysia also has one. I think it is called NRD. There was a report of several rohingyas dying in detention centers in Malaysia because of some health issue etc.

It is time India has a NRC system too. Open border thing can't be a one way street.

The lack of clear mass communication of the nature, purpose and validity of the CAA is perhaps the principal reason for the misunderstandings amongst the public. This is further fuelled by a large section of the press for obvious reasons.
CAA, specifically article 14, is articulated in a brief youtube video by J. Sai Deepak with stunning clarity. He also talks about s 5B that has long term implication for people even after the grant of citizenship. I have not posted the link here because I am not sure whether it is acceptable to the moderators or not. Any one interested can google "citizenship amendment act - explained" + sai deepak, the video should come up.
Facts provide clarity to people and unfortunately, majority of the people protesting CAA may not have read or understood the facts.

Once again, everything must be in favor of muslims, isn't it? The whole world must be bent to suit their will, right?

One post above you were against CAA because India cant take in the burden. But you would be okay with it if it includes ahmadiyas. Hah! Suddenly India's burden dis appears. The CAA recognizes persecution based on religion and it recognizes the six communitites that are worst affected by such persecution - why it is so difficult to understand this? Only a person who has no conscience will compare the plight of persecuted minorities in those countries to muslims who persecute them. BTW, the ahmadiyas were in the forefront of formation of Pakistan.

You are saying the CAA with the NRC bill favors hindu refugees. Once again most of these refugees escaped the brutal regime of Bangladesh, which is a muslim nation. Are you saying muslims were persecuted by a muslim nation?

Let's not go to extremes again. There is a islamophobia sweeping the world with multiple right wing parties coming to power, specially with the disastrous trump, hence the urgent need to correct this.

There is no contradiction in my position. There was no need for a CAA bill in
the first place. Now having brought the bill, what was the need to make it this divisive by specifically not excluding Muslims ??

Why not ? So many people persecuted are of their own people. For eg, many Chinese dissenters are of ethnic Chinese origin. Same with many Muslims in Pakistan.

And how does it matter if other nations are secular or not ??

india should be a secular liberal inclusive country, and if you believe in it, then this bill has no place.

Oh by the way, all neighboring countries have some sort of national registry of citizens. Pakistan, Bangladesh already have something similar.

Malaysia also has one. I think it is called NRD. There was a report of several rohingyas dying in detention centers in Malaysia because of some health issue etc.

It is time India has a NRC system too. Open border thing can't be a one way street.

Again how does it matter? Other nations may be bad, may be cruel, but we cannot have india follow that.

You are writing as if Sharia law in those countries just happened as an accident! It is the demography that decides what rule gets established in any country. To make India an open border will be akin to giving up on democracy and secularism.

If the neighboring countries were not horrible in the treatment meted out to minorities especially hindus, we would not be even having this discussion.

One can wake up a sleeping person. Not a person pretending to be asleep..

This is what happens when dissent is silenced in the country. The entire youth has risen like a Phoenix and protesting relentlessly against the govt as all the liberal voices were silenced one by one including this forum.

And of course these kids are right, there is no way this country can move away from liberal inclusive democracy. Not only has the youth risen up in protest, the international focus and condemnation is severe.

And someone was asking when sanctions will come. Just around the corner unfortunately, the sanctions will not only come from the us congress and senate, but also from UNSC.

And it is such a tragedy for our country and I deeply lament the loss of our liberal inclusive fabric of our society. And where we go from here is anybody's guess, and will this govt reverse any of these decisions ?? is highly doubtful.

So this deadly standoff will continue leading us dangerously into failed state territory !!!

1) Rajiv Gandhi was PM - A lawyer , Mohmed ahmed khan divorced his long standing wife by name Shah banu in 1985. Honorable Supreme court ( Justice Chandrachud) told him return Rs 2000 which was the meher which the young bride had brought in 1950. Protest all over India erupted like today and RG buckled - law was amended by parliament
This started Minority appeasement by the Ruling families
2) Today's Parliament act for CAB is for persecuted minorities in Muslim countries - we need appease minorities no more - the real minorities are Sikhs, Buddists, Jain, Parsis, Anglo Indian and not these protesting youth
3) Muslims from Afganishtan, Pakisthan and Bangladesh should be allowed into India when these countries integrate into India
4) Ask any protesting youth as what CAB is-the low level of education will guarantee that he has not read the law nor he knows why he is protesting- only negative feeling for our motherland is what makes him work

Jaykay will not agree because he sees only what the paid media shows; please start thinking on your own - our country will become peaceful and great

Regards,

k

You are writing as if Sharia law in those countries just happened as an accident! It is the demography that decides what rule gets established in any country. To make India an open border will be akin to giving up on democracy and secularism.

If the neighboring countries were not horrible in the treatment meted out to minorities especially hindus, we would not be even having this discussion.

One can wake up a sleeping person. Not a person pretending to be asleep..

Why the hyper cross border human rights activism about persecuted minorities ? Let unhrc manage .. Or is it another jumlabazi...used to fool the masses..lol

Likewise, no on can wake up a person who chooses to believe in fake propaganda..

This week has seen the most intense and widespread protests against the controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB) sweep across various states and cities with thousands taking to the streets, hundreds being arrested and multiple people injured. Three protestors were killed as a result of police firing in Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh. The centre however, has remained steadfast on the bill as Amit Shah has reiterated the government’s position on it.

The centre decided to crackdown on protests; in an attempt to bring some control to the growing protests, they directed mobile and internet service providers to temporarily shut down in parts of the country where the protests were the most intense including in parts of Delhi. One of the regions where the effects of the CAB will be felt is the north-east. In light of the government’s shutdown of communication services, the Nagaland Post editorial criticises the decision by the government –

“Internet shutdown and check on information sharing are becoming an aspect of the central and state governments as they grapple to tackle agitations. The Internet is pretty much a basic human right, even if not legally defined as such, for most parts of the world - without access to the virtual world, a very large number of vital human activities simply stop. The habitual habit of internet shutdown is progress reversal which exacts its consequences in the long run”.

Read more at: https://www.sify.com/news/caa-prote...unprecedented-news-columns-tmxqp6bgiiaai.html

Latest ads

Back