• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

IIT Madras appointments - Madras High Court orders CBI probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

IIT Madras' faculty appointments to be investigated by CBI | NDTV.com

i have always felt the chumminess among the faculty, as most of them came through connections, and allegiance to a few engineering colleges (in my time 68-73) in andhra.

dr vasantha, being a dalit, it is more of a shame, that perhaps she is the only dalit in the faculty and was shunned by the others. i have written extensively before, and do not wish to repeat.

if the cbi complaint is found valid, i hope iit is shamed enough to enforce affirmative action in the faculty.

how sure are u that she was shunned on purpose?

IIt Madras is the only place without such beggars and now we need that too,next i didn't pass because i was a dalit,I didn't get MS because am a dalit,my son didn't get admission because he is a dalit and so on.......vicious circle of charity.

how sure are u that she was shunned on purpose?

IIt Madras is the only place without such beggars and now we need that too,next i didn't pass because i was a dalit,I didn't get MS because am a dalit,my son didn't get admission because he is a dalit and so on.......vicious circle of charity.

hi,

with these type of statements, i do not have much to say. let us see what the high court edicts, and that will all count.

btw reservations is not charity. it is meant to right a historical wrong on par with crimes of humanity. and it is enshrined in the constituion of india. if you have any respect for india you would not say such things. that is my take on your post.

what you say, is not different, from what i have been hearing from vanniars of late.

Please sir,first you should see how an FC Non TB can easily purchase a community certificate from his VAO.

Only constraints are a brahmin cant do it and OBC cant manage a SC certificate.

I dont mind reservations for the SC/ST and to an extent to the Vanniars/Maravars/few otehrs.

But this BC quota is just shameless,daylight robbery.

Please sir,first you should see how an FC Non TB can easily purchase a community certificate from his VAO.

Only constraints are a brahmin cant do it and OBC cant manage a SC certificate.

I dont mind reservations for the SC/ST and to an extent to the Vanniars/Maravars/few otehrs.

But this BC quota is just shameless,daylight robbery.

dear SN,

i understand empathize and feel your anguish. personally, had i been in india, i would have a tough time, selling the concept of reservation to my children, as they themselves would claim that they had done nothing wrong.

i also agree with you, that even close after 100 years periyar's words sting, and sting hard to hurt. one can only imagine what caused a fervent religious congressman that was e.v.ramasamy to go to the role of atheistic anti brahmin periyar. having seen some attitudes of my parents' generation, i am not all that surprised. nothing happens without a reason.

today's tambrams are definitely of a different mental disposition than our grand parents, attitudes wise. atleast most of us, and even the most traditional, would not prevent his daughter from education, would probably have a small family and above all, believe in mobility in search of career. which was not so 100 years ago.

passing on, re dr kandasamy, i think, it should be dealt on its own merit. i graduated from iit madras 68-73 and even now i feel nepotism and casteism ruled the selection of staff. the institute had a majority of teaching assistants imported from two andhra universities, just because the dept heads came from there. these could hardly speak english but even worse, had no understanding of the concepts that they were supposed to teach.

iit madras, i feel, was always an oasis of exclusivity though located in tamil nadu chennai. clearly the socio economic political reallities of today, we need to feel breathe practice and above all believe in inclusivity, with an absolute sense of fairness, which includes righting many a historical wrong.

agreed, that many of the efforts are flawed today, and agreed, that there are holes in the system which prevent an honest implementation. but that is india and that is what we have to live with.

as stated earlier, in any social revolution, there are winners and losers. in most instances losers have lost their lives or livelihood or been exiled. thankfully most of tambrams have prospered past 40 years of dravidian revolution, thanks mostly to their ingenuity and the normal human process of bringing out the best in humans, when forced against the wall.

furthermore, as you can see currently, across the board , we see graduates doctors IT professionals from tamil nadu, across all castes including the dalits. till the 1970s, by default a professional madrasi outside of the state, was by default a brahmin. it may sound great for the brahmins, but does not speak well of that society, when so much of anything is concentrated on 3 % or less of the population, whatever the reason may be.

social corrections have happened, and in a way, it has freed our community from dependence on the government and led us to new frontiers, where we have reached a financial status, never before achieved in our history. today's issues are more a result of that prosperity, which in turn has produced new challenges, more in line, with other prosperous communities.

many a times, what has been good for a community, may not exactly be likewise for the country. in such instances, the larger interests of the country and the bigger society prevails. it is the right thing to happen, and history has a habit, of periodically correcting itself.

let us continue to move on. peace. and thank you.

I have been okay with this policy/environment right since i was a kid.I grew up completely in TN.not only in Madras but is smaller towns,visiting villages and totally know the exact situation of the problem.

The default professional outside was a brahmin but the default businessman/army man etc were not.

Default land owners were not.

This was the status in all the societies in India.

I dont have any issue with reservation for Dalits but unless they sort out the primary schooling system in TN.nothing is going to change.

Whether you like it or not,whetehr there is scientific proof or not,90% of TN people would want Tam Brahm people not the idiots of today but those of the 60s-80s as professionals to interface in most public administration and schools.

The live example is my father and the way he used to manage a burueacratic SBI branch and make it so easy for the customers to handle.

I know you ll give me superficial views on this subject but what i m saying here is what i know,it can be etched ins tone if u like.

Regarding Doctors,almost every single doctor we have consulted so far have been christian nadars and pillaimaars.

And if u want to talk about Engineering,i can prove it to you how weak the TN Engg examination system is compared to AP/Karnataka.

I dont agree on the term dependence on the government,many people whom i saw were excellent people who ran the government very well and efficient.

The present state of Tn can be summarised by the stink of sewage u get wherever u walk in most urban centres of TN,that would summarize the inefficiency of the ruling governments in TN.

I have no issues with 1967,personally my family and the villages around,people have been moving to Mumbai right from 1900 onwards and even my grandpa went only to return during partition riots.

Inclusivity is alright but IIT Madras cannot be run like Anna University with 75% reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back