• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

if you are using BSNL Broadband Please read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are using BSNL Broadband Please read this

July 15, 2015

Nice Trick to Cheat you into buying a New Modem

Last month I got a call in my home landline phone, there was a lady at the other end who told me “we are talking from BSNL, can you please check whether your broadband is working correctly?” So immediately went to my computer room, switch on my computer and checked for the internet connection, it was working fine.

I told her the internet is working fine, there is no problem with the connection. She then continued “Your modem is really slow, we are getting a lot of complaint lately from our customers, so we got an order recently to replace the modems of our clients, this new modem will be three times faster than your old one, so you will get amazing download speeds, price of this new modem is Rs.2,900, we can exchange it for your existing modem with price reduction of Rs.300, so you just need to pay Rs.2,600″

I got a little suspicious, so I asked her “Usually BSNL deducts these expenses from their bills is it not?” She answered “Yes, it was before, now we have changed this method, you can pay our representative via cash or check whichever is convenient for you”

After a while I got a call from someone claiming to be a representative of BSNL, he asked for directions to our home, I told him to bring BSNL ID card with him before visiting my home, he told me that he is a new employee and ID card would be issued to him only after three months, then I told him send someone with an ID card, he immediately hung up on me.

Then I went to my nearby BSNL office and inquired about this new modem scheme, they told me, they do not have such schemes and the call must have been from someone trying to cheat me.
If you ever get such calls from internet providers, kindly double check the authenticity of these calls, before proceeding any further.

http://life.chakru.com/nice-trick-to-cheat-you-in-to-buying-a-new-modem/

Why BSNL...I had a similar issue with Tata sky installation when I shifted to new home...A person calling himself Tata sky representative and asked for Rs 1300 for the installation after much haggling...Normally I have never negotiated for any service with Tata sky..I got suspicious..So I called up the customer service department and launched a compliant...Soon there was a flurry of calls..Within 48 hours they informed me that I was chraged extra and refunded the full amount...In effect it was a free service..I wrote a letter back to Tata sky as follows:

Dear xxxxxxx,

This is great! I sincerely appreciate the honesty & integrity in Tata Group!

Though your technician did a blunder, you have rectified this within 48 hours on receipt of the complaint!

This can happen only in Tata!

My trust in the group has been reinforced with this incident!

Also kudos to your customer service department for handling this sensitive issue with care!

I was pretty impressed by the communication I had with 2 of your staff (first one when I raised the complaint and second time when the complaint was verified by a Tata sky supervisor from Hyderabad!

I can vouch that I will stay connected with the Tata group life long for this fantastic customer service!

The incident shows why millions of customers are hooked onto the Tata brand!

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards,

My tenant had an interesting experience with airtel

when she wanted a change in plan with a name change removing owners name and putting her name , the company gave her a new connection charging her for two

connections.She received the bill for both after a few months with a threat of legal action for non payment for one of the connections. I spent months fixing the issue

living 2000 km away.

BSNL/MTNL -there are many who offer to change BSNL/ MTNL modems to improve the performance of internet. Inspite of shortcomings, BSNL/MTNL is the cheapest.

I have stuck to it.

I keep tata photon back up when Mtnl fails.It is a brilliant arrangement. I take the tata photon for tours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back