Dear RR Ji.Dear Renu,
I wrote the occasion when it is worn first because Tambrahm girls get six silk sarees for the two day wedding.
1. Vratham (First day morning)
2. NichayathArtham (First day evening)
3. Oonjal (Wedding day morning - This is bought by maternal uncle(s) )
4. Koorai pudavai (during mAngalyadhAraNam and following rituals - bought by the Groom's parents)
5. GruhapravEsam (now a days, when Bride goes to the Groom's room in the mandapam)
6. Nuptials saree!!
For me I got 2 sarees..one for engagement and another for wedding.
Both bought by Groom.