• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

Dear T B S Sir,

We have been discussing about madisAr in two threads and it has reached a saturation point!

Now back to some other ideas!

Raji Ram

Summer has started and ants will start hunting for food to store for the rainy days. Sometimes kitchen slabs will be infested

by them. To keep them at bay, mix a teaspoon of any cleaning gel with lemon smell (I use Vim gel) with some water and wipe

all
over the slabs and the gas stove. Ants hate lemon smell and will :bolt:!!

renuka

hi daksha,

just info....i like always admired in MADISAR....even i feel very kick in madisar than bikni...i never like/get in bikni or any other dress...

madisar has more attraction than any other dress...
????

Since when did you need to get into a bikini?LOL

Raji Ram

Can someone kindly explain to me what is a Kurai Pudavai?
The special saree which is worn at the time of tying the knot!

Girls wear it in the particular style specified for their community, for the first time, on the wedding day. :).

tbs

Girls wear it in the particular style specified for their community, for the first time, on the wedding day. :).
hi renu,

right answer from right person in a right time....lah....

renuka

:).
Get it...its the wedding saree.

I always joke with husband..I tell him that I will only wear the saree twice in my life..that is 1st worn during the wedding and 2nd time would be at my funeral!LOL

krish44

Let us talk of lighter things.

Handloom sarees.

Jaya jaitly a social activist lives in a world of handloom sarees.

She along with craft activist Laila Tyabji and Thumri singers Vidya rao are connoisseurs of hand woven fabrics.

Jaya has a collection of 230 sarees. 30 are " Dressy" meant for weddings and receptions . The others "Non dressy" are meant for day to day.

Some are a bit old but she has kept them as their patterns and designs are unique which one no longer sees today according to her.

Even the blinds in her drawing room are ,well, these sarees..

I am sure many would like to peek into her sari closet which are stacked neatly with her sarees.

Raji Ram

Get it...its the wedding saree....
Dear Renu,

I wrote the occasion when it is worn first because Tambrahm girls get six silk sarees for the two day wedding.

1. Vratham (First day morning)

2. NichayathArtham (First day evening)

3. Oonjal (Wedding day morning - This is bought by maternal uncle(s) )

4. Koorai pudavai (during mAngalyadhAraNam and following rituals - bought by the Groom's parents)

5. GruhapravEsam (now a days, when Bride goes to the Groom's room in the mandapam)

6. Nuptials saree!! ;)

tbs

Dear Renu,

I wrote the occasion when it is worn first because Tambrahm girls get six silk sarees for the two day wedding.

1. Vratham (First day morning)

2. NichayathArtham (First day evening)

3. Oonjal (Wedding day morning - This is bought by maternal uncle(s) )

4. Koorai pudavai (during mAngalyadhAraNam and following rituals - bought by the Groom's parents)

5. GruhapravEsam (now a days, when Bride goes to the Groom's room in the mandapam)

6. Nuptials saree!! ;)
hi

just info....for my marriage in delhi in 80s....my MIL got 6 silk saress from kanchipuram for my wife for the marriage day...

she went to kancheepuram from delhi just for sarees only...ONLY FOR TWO DAYS SHOW....

krish44

During my sons wedding at delhi, my better half gave silk sarees to all women of both her and my extended family for taking the trouble and travelling large distances to

attend the wedding

Rule -Not so well off should get the most expensive sarees.Secondly , the more senior in age should get light weight silk sarees that they could wear comfortably.

We prefer to look after all seniors , most occupying the front chairs in mandapams which have senior citizen friendly facilities for driving in and out.

Senior citizens are the only one who enjoy weddings these days other than the two getting married.

tbs

During my sons wedding at delhi, my better half gave silk sarees to all women of both her and my extended family for taking the trouble and travelling large distances to

attend the wedding

Rule -Not so well off should get the most expensive sarees.Secondly , the more senior in age should get light weight silk sarees that they could wear comfortably.

We prefer to look after all seniors , most occupying the front chairs in mandapams which have senior citizen friendly facilities for driving in and out.

Senior citizens are the only one who enjoy weddings these days other than the two getting married.
hi sir

LOL.....

Raji Ram

... Senior citizens are the only one who enjoy weddings these days other than the two getting married.
Yeah, if the seniors are the invitees! They won't have to run around. :couch2:

They will get front seats and can have waves of 'malarum ninaivugaL' !
! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts