• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

During my school days, this type of zari came into being! :baby:

We sisters had one blouse each in the brocade material, which we fondly named as 'Cleopatra jarigai'! It used to be rough in

those days but now, with the new machine weaving, the zari is very soft and never fades in color or becomes blackish. I am

crazy about dressing up well at home and hence have accumulated about five dozen poly silk sarees with this kind of zari. ;)

Cost of each saree is < 500/- :cool:

Daksha Kumar

I am crazy about dressing up well at home and hence have accumulated about five dozen poly silk sarees with this kind of zari. ;)

Cost of each saree is < 500/- :cool:
Is it still less than 500/-????

5 dozen means you have 60 of those, do you wear Madisar at home aswell like me.

I hope the ones on the link must be okay

Raji Ram

......... 5 dozen means you have 60 of those, do you wear Madisar at home aswell like me. ....
OMG! Not those long ones, Daksha! I wrote about the collection of six yards saree!

Since the maintenance is very easy and good combinations appear like silk sarees, I opt for them.

I wear one of the four two piece madisArs that I have stitched, only on special occasions. :)

Daksha Kumar

OMG! Not those long ones, Daksha! I wrote about the collection of six yards saree!

Since the maintenance is very easy and good combinations appear like silk sarees, I opt for them.

I wear one of the four two piece madisArs that I have stitched, only on special occasions. :)
You only have those 4 or you have unstitched as well ?

I presume the the kurai pudavai will not be stitched !!

Raji Ram

You only have those 4 or you have unstitched as well ?

I presume the the kurai pudavai will not be stitched !!
You are correct, Daksha!

My koorai pudavai is still in tact! Maroon with pure zari. :)

The two piece madisAr is my recent invention - easy to wear at my age. :D

Daksha Kumar

You are correct, Daksha!

My koorai pudavai is still in tact! Maroon with pure zari. :)

Most sacred piece of cloth we will ever wear ???

It' just worn for a couple of hours but has so much sentimental value!!

Like the first bond between us and our husband is made.

The first time we wear a Madisar ??
(Since the I have never come out, only for a couple of weeks in between ???)

I heard that kurai pudavai must only be used only on couple of occasions during our life time , which are very very important events.

But how to quantify important events ??

Raji Ram

Occasions are very many to wear the koorai pudavai.

Seemantham. ;) (Once in a life time, of course.)

On kAradaiyAn nOnbu and Varalakshmi nOnbu, the youngsters in our family wear their special saree, when they do the poojA. :cool:

tbs

I think people use all types of colours, these days.
I think the arunothayam colour like Raji ma'am mentioned also is popular.
hi

i like always ARAKKU COLOR KOORAI PUDAVAI...my both grandmas..maternal/paternal both wear ONLY MADISAR UPTO

DEATH.....the day got married in their teens...both grandmas married very young abt ten years old....till their

ninety years...both always in MADISAR....NO OTHER PUDAVAI...so i know very well abt MADISAR FROM MY CHILDHOOD..

even when they WENT to tent cinema theater...they went with MADISAR ONLY...LOL

Last edited:

Daksha Kumar

hi

i like always ARAKKU COLOR KOORAI PUDAVAI...my both grandmas..maternal/paternal both wear ONLY MADISAR UPTO

DEATH.....the day got married in their teens...both grandmas married very young abt ten years old....till their

ninety years...both always in MADISAR....NO OTHER PUDAVAI...so i know very well abt MADISAR FROM MY CHILDHOOD..

even when they WENT to tent cinema theater...they went with MADISAR ONLY...LOL
Wow so they spent 80 years in Madisar

It's going to be same with me

I only have spent around 5 weeks in Madisar and I am wondering how I will spend rest of my life in Madisar.

One thing is that your grand mothers were not used to any other clothing other than Madisar so it might have been easy.

But after wearing shalwar /trousers/ skirt for most part and the occasional normal saree , wearing Madisar 24 x 7 is extremely hard.

If your grandmothers were wearing Madisar since early teens I wonder how they would have managed to put the saree on them.

tbs

Wow so they spent 80 years in Madisar

It's going to be same with me

I only have spent around 5 weeks in Madisar and I am wondering how I will spend rest of my life in Madisar.

One thing is that your grand mothers were not used to any other clothing other than Madisar so it might have been easy.

But after wearing shalwar /trousers/ skirt for most part and the occasional normal saree , wearing Madisar 24 x 7 is extremely hard.

If your grandmothers were wearing Madisar since early teens I wonder how they would have managed to put the saree on them.
hi

it may hard for us...not for them...becoz their moms/grandmothers were same system...so its nothing new to them..even

every time.... even in cinema theater too.. i remember my childhood days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts