• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

'I represent inclusive India': Nusrat Jahan on fatwa over attire:

prasad1

25ls3.jpg

After being criticised for sporting vermilion and bangles and not wearing a burqa in Parliament, actor-turned-politician Nusrat Jahan said that she represents an inclusive India.

I represent an inclusive India which is beyond the barriers of caste, creed and religion, Jahan said in a statement that she later shared on Twitter.

She also wrote that she respects all religions.

I still remain a Muslim and none should comment on what I choose to wear. Faith is beyond attire and is more about believing and practicing the invaluable doctrines of all religions, Jahan said.

Criticising her un-Islamic post-marriage appearance at her oath-taking ceremony in Parliament on June 25, a group of Muslim clerics had issued a fatwa against the newly-married Member of Parliament.

Jahan tied the knot with businessman Nikhil Jain on June.

Nusrat Jahan is an MP of Indian Parliament. The Indian constitution protects the rights of every individual. Any religion ( I am not referring to any particular religion) for that matter should not restrict the rights ( so long as it is within accepted bounds) of any individual. This will facilitate people of all religion to live together happily.

Inclusive India is seen with CM Mamata - as expected - In saree and sindur to Flag off the Rath Yarta at ISKON Kolkata invoking Jai Jagannath . Looks Liberal TMC post poll trying a image change over to 'Soft Hindutva'

Nusrat Jahan is an MP of Indian Parliament. The Indian constitution protects the rights of every individual. Any religion ( I am not referring to any particular religion) for that matter should not restrict the rights ( so long as it is within accepted bounds) of any individual. This will facilitate people of all religion to live together happily.
I Liked your post, but see the posts following your compel me to comment.
A women's dress is her choice, no one else has business commenting on it in public forum. There is no politics in it. Unfortunately, another woman making it a point of contention, and ridiculing it to make a religious symbol is shameful to say the least.

What is the gripe?(#6)

No gripe - But perception!

There are 2 dimensions here One religious.- the other political

Religious

குங்குமம் has a definite connotation and meaning associated with Hindu women and is not a colour cosmetic! This was established in courts

Decades back when excise duty was slapped on manufacturers, they got that relief - குங்குமம் of conventional Red shade is sacred for hindus and not a cosmetic and removed from the list of cosmetics .

குங்குமம் on the forehead of liberal non hindu (muslim) is neither religious nor cosmetic

'Religious Cosmetic' isHaram for Mullahas and not to Allah who is the most merciful - I am at peace with Allah but have problems with Mullahs!

The political -

She looks like the brand ambassador endorsing post poll soft Hinduthva of TMC which she must avoid - not be trapped into - the liberals percevied strategy.

. There is no politics in it. Unfortunately, another woman making it a point of contention, and ridiculing it to make a religious symbol is shameful to say the least.(#8)

Typically selective ! Open your eyes to see the political dimensions - liberal is slectvely blind again - after earlier bout with Zaira

All mullahs will be seething with anger as one from their religion is sporting vermilion,following hindu customs

post marriage to a hindu.

So??????? What is wrong? Is a lady is Sari is wrong in India? What is the gripe?

So????????? What is wrong ? Is lady in hijab is wrong in India? That is the gripe! It is about Ishrat Jahan MP not Nusrat Jahan MP!

Latest ads

Back