• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

huge no of animals killing

drsundaram

today was bakhrid.
Almost over .
Today very openely mercilessly goats and sheeps would have been subjected to slow killing or instant killing whatever. How come some talk about "cruelty to bulls "during jallikkatu . Where does the compassion and kindness to animala flies off when in broad day light in an open place ruthlessly sheeps and goats are killed .
How come Blue cross, red cross, animal welfare board & SPCA such institutions keep quiet!!!.

prasad1

I know you are anti-Islam, and your outrage is purely islamophobia, it may not be the purported animal welfare. We should check our motives before preaching to others.
I follow AHIMSA in words and life. Do the least harm.
I am vegetarian, but I do not dictate how others lead their life.

98.8 PERCENT OF TELANGANA’S POPULATION EATS MEAT — A HIGHER FRACTION THAN FAMOUSLY MEAT-LOVING COUNTRIES LIKE THE U.S. OR AUSTRALIA.

That number highlights a curious contradiction about India: Even with an estimated 400 million vegetarians, the country is primarily meat-eating, with at least 71 percent of its population consuming some form of meat, according to a 2014 survey by the Registrar General of India.

Gadhimai festival is a sacrificial ceremony that is held every 5 years at the Gadhimai Temple of Bariyarpur, in Bara District, about 100 miles (160 km) south of the capital Kathmandu, and about 4.35 miles (7.00 km) east of headquarter of Bara district kalaiya city, in the southern Nepal, near the Indo-Nepal border, adjacent to Bihar. It was primarily celebrated by the Madheshi people. Until the event on 2014 the event involved the large-scale sacrificial slaughter of animals including water buffaloes, pigs, goats, chickens, and pigeons – with the goal of pleasing Gadhimai, the goddess of power. People also offer coconuts, sweets, red colour clothes, etc.

drsundaram

I know you are anti-Islam, and your outrage is purely islamophobia, it may not be the purported animal welfare. We should check our motives before preaching to others.
I follow AHIMSA in words and life. Do the least harm.
I am vegetarian, but I do not dictate how others lead their life.

98.8 PERCENT OF TELANGANA’S POPULATION EATS MEAT — A HIGHER FRACTION THAN FAMOUSLY MEAT-LOVING COUNTRIES LIKE THE U.S. OR AUSTRALIA.

That number highlights a curious contradiction about India: Even with an estimated 400 million vegetarians, the country is primarily meat-eating, with at least 71 percent of its population consuming some form of meat, according to a 2014 survey by the Registrar General of India.

Gadhimai festival is a sacrificial ceremony that is held every 5 years at the Gadhimai Temple of Bariyarpur, in Bara District, about 100 miles (160 km) south of the capital Kathmandu, and about 4.35 miles (7.00 km) east of headquarter of Bara district kalaiya city, in the southern Nepal, near the Indo-Nepal border, adjacent to Bihar. It was primarily celebrated by the Madheshi people. Until the event on 2014 the event involved the large-scale sacrificial slaughter of animals including water buffaloes, pigs, goats, chickens, and pigeons – with the goal of pleasing Gadhimai, the goddess of power. People also offer coconuts, sweets, red colour clothes, etc.

thanks ShrI prasad. thanks again for branding me something . you have a right to name me and i have a liberty to reject outright . Anyway the issue is the role /necessity of SPCA and others simil;ar bodies vis a vis cruelty to animals happening openly. The laws and norms are just for heck sake in india especially with regard to this subject matter and they choose to be selective in application . It is sensible to either abrogate the law or abide by it in true and sprit and the law makers should punish equally every act wherever law is broken But for this if u call my anti islam nor anti gadhimai i simply brush ff . i know what I am to. God bless you

thanks ShrI prasad. thanks again for branding me something . you have a right to name me and i have a liberty to reject outright . Anyway the issue is the role /necessity of SPCA and others simil;ar bodies vis a vis cruelty to animals happening openly. The laws and norms are just for heck sake in india especially with regard to this subject matter and they choose to be selective in application . It is sensible to either abrogate the law or abide by it in true and sprit and the law makers should punish equally every act wherever law is broken But for this if u call my anti islam nor anti gadhimai i simply brush ff . i know what I am to. God bless you
Dear Dr. Sundaram,

Actually there was a separate thread on Gandhimai that was discussed sometime back and some of these points were discussed at that time as well.

Most activism is hypocritical. They always go after soft targets. It is easy to go after gandhimai, jallikattu etc and there is a good reason for it. The activists know very well what will happen if they go after bakrid.

The fiberals cannot imagine or accept a situation where law is uniformly applied. Most of them are cowards; They know it but they cannot accept it. I believe this is what upsets them the most when someone else comes along and is able to do what they could not do. We can see this being played out in J&K right now...

Think about it. You and all right thinking people believe that law should be uniformly applied and that the muslim community will come around and accept that. The fiberals dont believe this could happen. So who is the real islamaphobe? You or the fiberals?!

Last edited:

renuka

I am a vegetarian no doubt but is every Hindu a vegetarian?
Aren't goats and chickens slaughtered for consumption of many in India?
KFC/ McDonald are not vegetarian.

Village local deity pooja slaughter goats.
Durga Pooja in some states slaughter goats.
Nepal slaughters buffalo for the Mahishushura effect.
Lord Buddha stopped animal sacrifice in Yagnas
Adi Shankara stopped human sacrifice by the Kapalikas.

Everyone kills....some might argue that some forms of killings are painful and some forms of killing are not. Get real! Both ways kill.

BTW for anyone who wants to know what the Quran has to say about the act of killing an animal..here it is :..its clear that the God has nothing to do with the act of a human killing an animal

Chapter (22) sūrat l-ḥaj (The Pilgrimage)

Their flesh and their blood reach not Allah, but the devotion from you reacheth Him. Thus have We made them subject unto you that ye may magnify Allah that He hath guided you. And give good tidings (O Muhammad) to the good.

drsundaram

I am a vegetarian no doubt but is every Hindu a vegetarian?
Aren't goats and chickens slaughtered for consumption of many in India?
KFC/ McDonald are not vegetarian.

Village local deity pooja slaughter goats.
Durga Pooja in some states slaughter goats.
Nepal slaughters buffalo for the Mahishushura effect.
Lord Buddha stopped animal sacrifice in Yagnas
Adi Shankara stopped human sacrifice by the Kapalikas.

Everyone kills....some might argue that some forms of killings are painful and some forms of killing are not. Get real! Both ways kill.

BTW for anyone who wants to know what the Quran has to say about the act of killing an animal..here it is :..its clear that the God has nothing to do with the act of a human killing an animal

Chapter (22) sūrat l-ḥaj (The Pilgrimage)

Their flesh and their blood reach not Allah, but the devotion from you reacheth Him. Thus have We made them subject unto you that ye may magnify Allah that He hath guided you. And give good tidings (O Muhammad) to the good.
again there are refs about justifying about meat eating or vegetarian rela or pseod etc .
i only wanted to learn the role, duties and responsibilities of the bodies set up by Govt and other groups SPCA and animal protection laws, animal rights organisations with respect to these killings . Do they have to keep their mouth shut or what they are bound to do ???......if they have to be docile and cant do anything why put up with such depts and tax payers money is used to salaries etc As well scrap these laws. More than this, eating/not eating or offerings etc are not at all shared in my posting . namaskaram

renuka

again there are refs about justifying about meat eating or vegetarian rela or pseod etc .
i only wanted to learn the role, duties and responsibilities of the bodies set up by Govt and other groups SPCA and animal protection laws, animal rights organisations with respect to these killings . Do they have to keep their mouth shut or what they are bound to do ???......if they have to be docile and cant do anything why put up with such depts and tax payers money is used to salaries etc As well scrap these laws. More than this, eating/not eating or offerings etc are not at all shared in my posting . namaskaram
????

Actually what is the issue here?
Everyday animals are killed for food all over India.
I guess if you only want to complain for Eid Ul Adha..then let India ban all forms of nonveg from fish, seafood, poultry,eggs, red meat and also Yogurt cos Yogurt is actually non veg ..its full of millions of bacteria..one plate of Thayir sadam takes more lives than what SadAm Hussain took in his life time..(Sadam rhymes with SadAM)

renuka

BTW I have some interesting news..Dr Zakir Naik just a few days ago said Malaysian Hindus are only loyal to Narendra Modi and not Dr Mahathir Mohammed.

Dr Naik said that Msian Hindus being the minority in Msia have a 100x more rights than Muslim minority in India!

I wonder how he got the idea that Msian Hindus are loyal to Narendra Modi!LOL

Funny to see some views here where people are now clamoring to not single out Eid. This argument was somehow forgotten when Gandhimai was discussed in this forum. Here is the link to the thread:

The same people who opposed animal slaughter then now support it.

Not sure why uniform application if law is anathema to some.

BTW I have some interesting news..Dr Zakir Naik just a few days ago said Malaysian Hindus are only loyal to Narendra Modi and not Dr Mahathir Mohammed.

I wonder how he got the idea that Msian Hindus are loyal to Narendra Modi!LOL
Madam,

He will change his mind completely if he reads your posts.

Someone invite him. He will get a royal welcome in this forum...

renuka

Madam,

He will change his mind completely if he reads your posts.

Someone invite him. He will get a royal welcome in this forum...
Msian Hindus are very angry with him for this statement cos he is an Indian citizen and he has no right to question the loyalty of Hindus in Msia.
And logically any citizen is only loyal to the PM of their country.

Just imagine if someone said you (Kala Bhairavan Ji) is loyal to Imran Khan PM of Pakistan.doesnt make sense right?

renuka

Funny to see some views here where people are now clamoring to not single out Eid. This argument was somehow forgotten when Gandhimai was discussed in this forum. Here is the link to the thread:

You tell me..is it allowed in Sanathana Dharma to kill animals in the name of religion?

Msian Hindus are very angry with him for this statement cos he is an Indian citizen and he has no right to question the loyalty of Hindus in Msia.
And logically any citizen is only loyal to the PM of their country.

Just imagine if someone said you (Kala Bhairavan Ji) is loyal to Imran Khan PM of Pakistan.doesnt make sense right?
The question is "has malaysian hindus done anything to warrant this accusation by Dr. ZN?"

Is there any hindu association in malaysia that consistently takes a political stand against your PM and in support of Indian PM. Of course, the accusation of DR. ZN looks silly to me because I am not aware of any political issue between India and Malaysia. I am not well versed in malaysian politics.

prasad1

Could it be the problem of the observer or perceiver? To my knowledge, no one here ever supported the slaughter of animals in this forum. One who is ignorant can be educated, but one who willingly pretends to not understand simple English, how can we make him understand it.

drsundaram

????

Actually what is the issue here?
Everyday animals are killed for food all over India.
I guess if you only want to complain for Eid Ul Adha..then let India ban all forms of nonveg from fish, seafood, poultry,eggs, red meat and also Yogurt cos Yogurt is actually non veg ..its full of millions of bacteria..one plate of Thayir sadam takes more lives than what SadAm Hussain took in his life time..(Sadam rhymes with SadAM)
very good micro level reply. thayir sadam is apt explanation .thanks. I dont say anything about non vegetarianism or for Eid. Issue is related only to know the wisdom of statuatory bodies or forums or laws prevalent in india and how do they see/tolerate/turn their eyes away/ advocate animal/birds killings whether daily or during Eid. Are they just for hype sake or to raise up to reveal their presence selectively ?

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts