• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Horo(r)scope..

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No.." - I was stubborn. "I cannot think of a marriage without matching the horoscope. I myself being an expert astrologer, I understand the monumental importance of a perfectly matched horoscope. You won't understand it. You are a kid and have no knowledge of this science"

My daughter listened to me patiently.

"Appa.. I don't know about matching horoscope. But I will marry only Ravi and nobody else. I am not bothered about matching my horoscope with his. I am in love with him. And that is all" - she said.

"Ask Ravi to bring his horoscope. I will accept and perform your marriage, if it matches. Otherwise, No, I am sorry. I can't bless it" - I said.

"Appa.. you may be a professional astrologer. That does not mean you should spoil my life with your astrology." - my daughter's words were caustic. She was annoyed and angry.

"See.. I am not bothered about caste or religion. Did I reject it for religion, skin-color, caste, rich/poor divide ? No.. It is simply that I am an expert in the science of astrology and know how to apply it. I want to ensure that my daughter marries the right person and lives happily. That is all"- I said and paused.

My daughter was looking somewhere, not willing to listen to me.

"It is science..da.. Please understand.. It is science" - I pleaded.

"Appa.. I am not sure he has a horoscope"- she voiced these words tiredly.

"No problem.. Find the time of his birth and date of birth. I will create the horoscope for him. If it matches, I will get you married. If it does not, you stop this relationship. Love looks fine, till the time one is married. Don't give importance to your fleeting feelings" - I said.

"Appa,,, Ravi is the right match for me. I can say that boldly. It is not a fleeting infatuation. But we also want to get married with the permission of our parents. His parents have okayed it. It is only you, who is the blocker. I am clear that without ur permission, I will not marry him.." - She sounded desperate.

"Dear.. I don't know how to explain. You may think I am adamant and arrogant. But dear, I only understand the importance of astrology and horoscope. In every case that I have predicted, things have happened as I predicted. Knowing the importance of it, I do not want to play with my child's life. I really do not know how to make you realize the gravity of my argument" - I said.

"OK.. pa.. let me get the date, time and location of his birth and give it to you. I know the date already" - she said.

I got Ravi's date, time and place of birth. I created the horoscope from that according to the almanac that I use. I studied it for a while to understand his characterestics, education and other background information.

Then I called my daughter. I checked up from her, if my predictions about his characterestics, education, nature and family background are proper.

My daughter herself was very much surprised, as I started talking about Ravi. She thought I knew him somehow. Ofcourse I gave a more abstract description. But that fitted Ravi well.

"See I told u, the horoscope predicts your life very much." - I said enthusiastically. "Now I will match your horoscope and give my conclusions" - I said.

"You have my horoscope also.." - my daughter asked hesitatingly "What can u tell about me..? You have never told anything about it to me.."

"Well.. I did not make your horoscope at all. I wanted to make it when u were 18. But I had noted down all details in a notebook" - I said.

I could see the anxiety in my daughter's face. She was probably trying to guess my conclusions and the fate of her love.

My sister had written in an old 40page notebook the date and time of my daughter's birth. It was noted in her own handwriting. When my daughter was born, I had called my sister from hospital and informed her of the time of birth and she had noted it down.

I prayed to Lord Ganesha and then took out that old notebook. I read the date and time of my daughter's birth and prepared her horoscope.

I prayed to all the gods that her's and Ravi's should match. I never wanted to separate a loving young couple. I wanted to see my daughter happy and satisfied. What else does a Dad need..?

I matched her horoscope with Ravi's. It did not match at all. In fact Ravi's horoscope had a negative influence on my daughter's. They will never be married. If they are married, the marriage would not last long. I did not know what to do.

All my prayers and wishes came to naught. It seems god's will is otherwise. He does not want them to get married. What can we do against god's will..? There is nothing I can do. As an expert astrologer, I know very well astrology is God's will.

As I expected, when I conveyed this to my daughter, she rebelled against me. She could not accept it.

I said "Dear.. it seems that the destiny is against ur marriage. Otherwise, horoscope will not be this bad in matching. I am sure that ur marriage will not happen. Even if it happens, it will not last long. You two people are not destined to live together".

She shouted and cried. "No pa.. I don't think, the destiny is against us. How can u be sure of god's will..? You are not god. I don't believe in your stupid astrology" - she said.

I said "My astrology will never go wrong. It is God's will. I can't bless your marriage. I am sorry".

After a whole lot of arguments, She left in a huff.

Somehow, she did not get the courage to go beyond my words. Ravi could not convince my daughter against my astrology. After a long wait, he decided to drop my daughter and get married to somebody else.

Ravi married somebody else.

I was talking to my sister the other day. The topic came to my daughter's marriage, who has since then refused to entertain any marriage alliance talk. When my sister asked about it, I narrated my daughter's love story.

I told her "See … it is all god's will. God's will is what is astrology. Is it not.?. Astrologicaly Ravi is not the right match. You know she was born in the morning 10:20 am in utthirashada nakshathira. Even if she had been born after 10:25 am, their horoscope would have got well matched. She could have married Ravi. But that's not the destiny. Ravi has married someone else. She has still not come out of it. God's will cannot be changed. Man proposes, God disposes."

We were talking about it and then I took the notebook in which my sister had marked my daughter's time of birth. I gave it to her, in a bit nostalgic mood.

My sister looked at the notebook and breathed a heavy sigh. "What to do.." - she said. Casually she opened the notebook and was feeling the paper and going through the writing nostalgically.

And then suddenly she said "What did u say the time..? I have written it as 10:29. It is not 10:20. Did u forget my handwriting..? I always write 9 with small tail, that it would look like 0. You also used to ridicule me for that.. Don’t u remember.?"

-TBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back