• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of misconceptions about the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department ( formerly Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Board) of the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.

Please see this official site.

http://www.hrce.tn.nic.in/

Please download and read the Citzen's charter.

This is not a creation of the DMK or any other political party. Its history dates back to the pre-independence days.

It is a fact that but for the HR&CE many temples which are not frequented by Devotees would have fallen into ruins.

It functions like any other Govt. department. With the same efficiency/inefficiency, nepotism, corruption etc. like all govt. departments in India.

Dear Sri N,

I'm cleared of this mis-conception. Thanks for the info.

I need to clarify this, I'm of the conception that the lands belonging to temples are grabbed by the party-people. Is there any truth in this.
Eventually the temples lost their main source of incomes and so all important functions are not held properly. This is especially for the temples in the villages.

I know in my village - the siva gangai theertham is contracted out for and it is now only used for fishing. All the brahmins ran out as the source of subsistence is relentlessly looted by the parties.

I've heard many stories that many brahmins lose their land simply because the contractors dodged them on the leases and somehow or other they couldn't defend their rights. Am I guessing wild or is there any truth in this?

Your clarification will enlighten guys like me.

Thanks in anticipation

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back