• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Highly educated persons driving Uber & Ola Taxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this surprising..A software Engineer starts with 20K or at best 30K per month and one has slog for 11-12 hours including the commute...With this you are boss & can earn a neat 50K to 100K a month...You can work at peace on your own terms & conditions..What I am seeing is a flurry for this coveted job...Amazing but true!! Will it burst like the dotcom...This is a nascent demand..It is going to expand feverishly as the services are good & cheap!

[h=1]Some highly educated execs prefer to drive for Uber, Ola[/h]Shilpa Phadnis & Avik Das,TNN | Sep 22, 2015

A number of handsomely paid executives have ditched their corporate jobs and are on taxi-hailing platforms. Some do it part time. Some for the love of driving. And some because the money is really good — many earn Rs 90,000 or more in a month.

Raghunath R is a senior manager for software development in an MNC IT firm. He's an electronics and computer engineer and has an MBA degree. But he also drives his Chevrolet Optra Magnum three days in a week for Uber. "I have the flexibility to choose what time of the day or night I drive. There is dignity of labour," he says. Raghunath, however, doesn't see it as a full-time opportunity. "I've recommended some technical changes on the driver-partner log-in and the Uber team has been receptive," he says.

Deepak S, who spent eight years as a technical engineer in Hewlett-Packard in Bengaluru, joined Ola over a year ago. He chose Ola over other platforms because he wanted to serve an Indian company. He doesn't regret his decision and he says he has struck a chord with customers by doing things like enabling wi-fi in his cab even before the service was formally launched. "I wi-fi-enabled my car six months ago. My customers take early morning flights and are on conference calls and hence the need for wi-fi," says the 33-year-old.

Arun Kumar Yadav, who did his post-graduation in geography and post-graduate diploma in remote sensing, enrolled on the Ola platform to augment his income. Today, he earns Rs 40,000 a month by chauffeuring people to their destinations. Yadav recollects his father-in-law feeling sorry about getting his daughter married to a cab driver and not an engineer. "My father joked that he wouldn't have spent a fortune educating me if I was destined to be a driver. My mother was neither supportive nor angry. But my wife has been supportive throughout," says Yadav.

It's difficult to estimate how many well-educated people have opted for using these platforms. Uber and Ola could not provide data. But clearly, the potentially high earnings and the love of driving are persuading quite a few to choose the option.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-drive-for-Uber-Ola/articleshow/49052610.cms?

It's difficult to estimate how many well-educated people have opted for using these platforms. Uber and Ola could not provide data. But clearly, the potentially high earnings and the love of driving are persuading quite a few to choose the option.

If you do not look at the dignity of the Job then today Cab Drivers can earn a lot .

If you do not look at the dignity of the Job then today Cab Drivers can earn a lot .[/QUOTE

I am finding Cabs in Delhi being run not by some uneducated ruffian but educated guys from Rohtak to Mandi (Himachal) to Meerut! This is the change brought about by these app based Taxis

This is all good right? Demand and supply. Nothing undignified about driving a cab. Nothing undignified about any job as long as it is legal.

I will trust a priest who look like a priest. A simple cab driver with minimal education background may be the best for me. When things look more than what it is supposed to be then it only will invite problem. I am happy with Fasttrack in Chennai.

Dignity of labour has not dug in here. The benefit of education is to entertain yourself while doing whatever for earning bread. Looks like things will change provided Indian serials particularly the Hindi varieties, are stopped with their TRP-ventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back