• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hero in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Pranams,

Heard the song…….?

நான் பாடிய பாடலை மன்னவன் கேட்டான் படையுடனே வந்தான்,
வாடிய நெஞ்சை மன்னன் அறிந்தான் மலருடனே வந்தான்

A melody of P.Suseele Madam, with PBS Ji,……..the meaning is really touching. My approximate translation for the sake of Members who are not well versed in tamil is that ‘when she(heroin) was in trouble, he(hero) swinged into action for her protection and when she was sad, he presents a bouquet to cheer her up… .. something like that.. (translation of the song can also be better presented). But the meaning is that when your partner, i.e. better half or to be better half /would be, was in trouble, many of us would have protected her by exibiting act of courage and when she was in sad state of mind, many of us would have expressed our LOVE mildly, consoling her with soothing words, like presenting a bouquet and won her heart. Just go back to your young days. There should be definitely something interesting. It happends invariably in everybodys life, bcos we are influenced by feelings and emotions. Pl share your interesting experiences, if you don’t mind.

P.S: Ignore if dealt earlier. E & O.E.,

Dear VB

Nice idea. But in my life-story, over the past [slightly over] 3 decades, I've had to enter
many people's personal lives, shared time and space with them - many of them women ,
almost all of them Non Indians - and in weird places and under hopeless circumstances
in God forsaken places across the globe.

Most of it will seem like it has all been fabricated, lacking authenticity.

It's not as simple as Radhika scribbling [ with chalk ] a message on the last coach of a passenger train,
and Sudhakar replying in the same mode - coutesy Bharati Raja.

But I am sure many people will have interesting [ at-least, less gruesome and horrific than mine ] tales
and episodes to narrate.

Good idea VB. I only hope people don't resort to that usual " Copy-n-Paste " stuff.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

PS : On 27th May, I am going to Sarajevo - I spent time there in the early 90's, when it was still part of
Yugoslavia. Going to meet - up with a friend Branislav Komanovic, who married a lady that I introduced
to him. She is a Serb and he a Bosnian - they had both lost a great deal then [ family, friends et al ]
[ I hope people are aware of what transpired in erstwhile Yugoslavia - early 90's ]

Last edited:
Dear VB

Nice idea. But in my life-story, over the past [slightly over] 3 decades, I've had to enter
many people's personal lives, shared time and space with them - many of them women ,
almost all of them Non Indians - and in weird places and under hopeless circumstances
in God forsaken places across the globe.

Most of it will seem like it has all been fabricated, lacking authenticity.

It's not as simple as Radhika scribbling [ with chalk ] a message on the last coach of a passenger train,
and Sudhakar replying in the same mode - coutesy Bharati Raja.

But I am sure many people will have interesting [ at-least, less gruesome and horrific than mine ] tales
and episodes to narrate.

Good idea VB. I only hope people don't resort to that usual " Copy-n-Paste " stuff.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

PS : On 27th May, I am going to Sarajevo - I spent time there in the early 90's, when it was still part of
Yugoslavia. Going to meet - up with a friend Branislav Komanovic, who married a lady that I introduced
to him. She is a Serb and he a Bosnian - they had both lost a great deal then [ family, friends et al ]
[ I hope people are aware of what transpired in erstwhile Yugoslavia - early 90's ]

Capt VT Sir,

Thanx for your response and awaiting to hear your experience.

Meeting the challenges thrown on us at some point of time in life, is really very tough and when you overcome those difficult period the memories will be cherishing and gives a proud feeling to raise our collar, head erected, chest pushed forward and murmur OMG thank u. It is a pleasure to have Heroic deed to your credit. I believe it is the will of the God that you were there.

Invite experiences of other Heros

Pranams,

Heard the song…….?

நான் பாடிய பாடலை மன்னவன் கேட்டான் படையுடனே வந்தான்,

A melody of P.Suseele Madam, with PBS Ji,……..the meaning is really touching. My approximate translation for the sake of Members who are not well versed in tamil is that ‘when she(heroin) was in trouble, he(hero) swinged into action for her protection and when she was sad, he presents a bouquet to cheer her up… .. something like that.. (translation of the song can also be better presented). But the meaning is that when your partner, i.e. better half or to be better half /would be, was in trouble, many of us would have protected her by exibiting act of courage and when she was in sad state of mind, many of us would have expressed our LOVE mildly, consoling her with soothing words, like presenting a bouquet and won her heart. Just go back to your young days. There should be definitely something interesting. It happends invariably in everybodys life, bcos we are influenced by feelings and emotions. Pl share your interesting experiences, if you don’t mind.

P.S: Ignore if dealt earlier. E & O.E.,

Dear Sir,

Nice topic...but the problem is where to start?? Which hero to start??

When we girls were in college...heroes were always chasing after us girls!LOL
Only we girls never used to bother too much for heroes.

Many a times we used to get bouquets of flowers send to our room and we had no idea who sent them.

Anyway the dream hero would be a guy who could sing us this song:

[video=youtube_share;IXEPtTN3lwI]http://youtu.be/IXEPtTN3lwI[/video]

Renuka Madam,

The song selection is really fantastic!!! Your intermittent postings on other subjects too is welcome, provided you have time & wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pranams.

I can understand thatmost of the Members are very busy and preoccupied. But there should be certainly something to share. If find time and willingness, you are invited to share your experience….

Dear Balu Sir,

May be there are NO heroes around!! :spy:

I can narrate one of the episodes where my mom was a heroine - surely NOT a love story! :)

(Yes! She is a bold and beautiful lady)

Once a cobra fell into our well and mom noticed it when she peeped into the well to check the water,

before switching on the motor! It was a huge one - nearly 6 feet long, dark grey in color! My dad had

some work in Pollachi and took me also along with him (I was with my parents after my master's degree)

promising my mom that he will bring a snake charmer on our way back. Mom did not have the patience to

wait for the snake charmer and she was also NOT sure whether we can find one!

Then... The heroine went to the well with a basket tied to a rope and tried to take it outside for its freedom!

The snake would get into the basket, come half way and swish......... fall again into the well! Mom had tried

eight times and by then she knew the technique! She drew the basket faster in the ninth time and just as the

snake was about to slide and fall down, she pushed the basket with a stick which she kept ready in her hands!

Within a second the snake vanished into its hiding place. As she guessed, we could not find a snake charmer

and dad said that we can try the next day. Mom said not to worry and narrated her experience with the snake!
We were so :scared: . Surely, she is the Jhansi Rani of our family! :thumb:

Dear Balu Sir,

May be there are NO heroes around!! :spy:

I can narrate one of the episodes where my mom was a heroine - surely NOT a love story! :)

(Yes! She is a bold and beautiful lady)

Once a cobra fell into our well and mom noticed it when she peeped into the well to check the water,

before switching on the motor! It was a huge one - nearly 6 feet long, dark grey in color! My dad had

some work in Pollachi and took me also along with him (I was with my parents after my master's degree)

promising my mom that he will bring a snake charmer on our way back. Mom did not have the patience to

wait for the snake charmer and she was also NOT sure whether we can find one!

Then... The heroine went to the well with a basket tied to a rope and tried to take it outside for its freedom!

The snake would get into the basket, come half way and swish......... fall again into the well! Mom had tried

eight times and by then she knew the technique! She drew the basket faster in the ninth time and just as the

snake was about to slide and fall down, she pushed the basket with a stick which she kept ready in her hands!

Within a second the snake vanished into its hiding place. As she guessed, we could not find a snake charmer

and dad said that we can try the next day. Mom said not to worry and narrated her experience with the snake!
We were so :scared: . Surely, she is the Jhansi Rani of our family! :thumb:

RR Mam,

I remember the proverb ‘பாம்பென்றால் படையும் நடுங்கும்’. Your mother, though alone, has exhibited act of courage, patience, perseverence and finally got the uninvited guest out single handedly. Such a risky job handled with presence of mind. Whereas a normal person would have been struck by panic and called the neighbours for help,etc etc Thanx for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back