• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Here's why a businessman sent Arvind Kejriwal Rs 364

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Delhi CM project a poor man's dress too in his appearance He is an Ex IRS official & now CM earning a hefty sum...Why is he trying to project himself in this manner in front of French President who is our guest of honor?

February 05, 2016 17:50 IST

05kejri.jpg

An engineer-turned-businessman from Visakhapatnam has sent Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Rs 364 to buy a pair of formal shoes.
Reason -- The businessman Sumit Agrawal says he was “deeply aggrieved” to find Kejriwal wearing sandals during a state banquet hosted by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan against the prescribed dress code.
The Delhi chief minister was seen wearing sandals during the banquet hosted in honour of French President Francois Hollande on January 26.
Agrawal sent a demand draft of Rs 364 to Kejriwal on Monday by speed post and said he took to the streets to collect money by following the footsteps of the Aam Aadmi Party leader.
“It broke my heart to see you like this. I’m deeply aggrieved,” Agarwal said in an open letter to Kejriwal, adding certain protocols have dictated the democratic set up and international relations and everyone must respect them.
Severely critical of Kejriwal, the young businessman said the Delhi CM was representing the country that day at Rashtrapati Bhavan and not staging
“You’re a grown man. Please act according to the situation and and to the occasion,” he said. Kejriwal’s office refused to comment on the issue.
The businessman also explained how he collected the money. “I initially had plans to contribute some money from my own pocket. However, since I’m against donations to any political party, I decided against it and followed your footsteps instead. I took to the streets to gather money to fund a pair of footwear for you.
“Sir, I know that this is a very small amount, but it is the result of the effort of an entire Sunday afternoon of hard work. I had initiated the collection with an initial contribution of Rs 49,” he wrote.
He futher said “Though such a modest amount is not enough for a CM, I believe any amount is good enough for the someone who claims that he has no shoes despite having a monthly salary of ‘only’ Rs 2,10,000”.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/heres-why-a-businessman-sent-arvind-kejriwal-rs-364/20160205.htm

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong in his attire.

Our national leaders like kamaraj wore leather chappals with dhoti and upper garment [shirt and thundu] khadi while receiving foreign leaders.

AKs attire is middle class .

I also wear sandals with socks in winter.

I even went up the alps mountain in socks and chappals since my boot gave away.

I luckily did not get a frostbite.

I see nothing wrong in his attire.

Our national leaders like kamaraj wore leather chappals with dhoti and upper garment [shirt and thundu] khadi while receiving foreign leaders.

AKs attire is middle class .

I also wear sandals with socks in winter.

I even went up the alps mountain in socks and chappals since my boot gave away.

I luckily did not get a frostbite.

Sir,

Will you dress like this if you get an opportunity to meet the French President..Also AK is not poor like Kamarajar...His monthly salary is about Rs 2.1 lacs/month

Dear sri vagane

I will wear what is in my wardrobe

I am not going to waste money to please anyone.

all my middle class friends wear simple dresses with a sandel in winter.

I shall do the same .

today I went to bank wearing track suit with monkey cap .

My wife was agast.

I stuck to it.

I care too hoots.

I called the girl at the counter beti and made her do what I wanted.

Thats me.

I have behaved the same way with Dy cm of delhi who is my neighbour.

He understood and hugged me .lol

It did not make a difference.

Be yourself .

It will get you more rspect

today I went to bank wearing track suit with monkey cap .

My wife was agast.

I stuck to it.

I care too hoots.

I called the girl at the counter beti and made her do what I wanted.

Thats me.

I have behaved the same way with Dy cm of delhi who is my neighbour.

He understood and hugged me .lol

It did not make a difference.

Be yourself .

It will get you more rspect

Be your self is fine..Can you wear the same when you work in office or you are going for a marriage or any other reception! You will get a nasty look!

Should Delhi CM project a poor man's dress too in his appearance He is an Ex IRS official & now CM earning a hefty sum...Why is he trying to project himself in this manner in front of French President who is our guest of honor?

05kejri.jpg

An engineer-turned-businessman from Visakhapatnam has sent Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Rs 364 to buy a pair of formal shoes.
Reason -- The businessman Sumit Agrawal says he was “deeply aggrieved” to find Kejriwal wearing sandals during a state banquet hosted by President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan against the prescribed dress code.
The Delhi chief minister was seen wearing sandals during the banquet hosted in honour of French President Francois Hollande on January 26.
Agrawal sent a demand draft of Rs 364 to Kejriwal on Monday by speed post and said he took to the streets to collect money by following the footsteps of the Aam Aadmi Party leader.
“It broke my heart to see you like this. I’m deeply aggrieved,” Agarwal said in an open letter to Kejriwal, adding certain protocols have dictated the democratic set up and international relations and everyone must respect them.
Severely critical of Kejriwal, the young businessman said the Delhi CM was representing the country that day at Rashtrapati Bhavan and not staging
“You’re a grown man. Please act according to the situation and and to the occasion,” he said. Kejriwal’s office refused to comment on the issue.
The businessman also explained how he collected the money. “I initially had plans to contribute some money from my own pocket. However, since I’m against donations to any political party, I decided against it and followed your footsteps instead. I took to the streets to gather money to fund a pair of footwear for you.
“Sir, I know that this is a very small amount, but it is the result of the effort of an entire Sunday afternoon of hard work. I had initiated the collection with an initial contribution of Rs 49,” he wrote.
He futher said “Though such a modest amount is not enough for a CM, I believe any amount is good enough for the someone who claims that he has no shoes despite having a monthly salary of ‘only’ Rs 2,10,000”.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/heres-why-a-businessman-sent-arvind-kejriwal-rs-364/20160205.htm

AK has risen to this level breaking all conventional ethics in Politics. No one ever thought he will be able to sustain even for a minute in Politics. Now he has not only proved that politics is his cup of tea but also forced other politicians to think differently and approach issues with a different perspective. So when a dress code exists for a specific occasion we cannot expect a person like him to follow the suit. It is in his blood will definitely behave the other way.

05kejri.jpg

AK has risen to this level breaking all conventional ethics in Politics. No one ever thought he will be able to sustain even for a minute in Politics. Now he has not only proved that politics is his cup of tea but also forced other politicians to think differently and approach issues with a different perspective. So when a dress code exists for a specific occasion we cannot expect a person like him to follow the suit. It is in his blood will definitely behave the other way. One more thing, had he been on the prescribed dress code on that occasion, he would never have won the attention he is getting now for not following the same. That's Kejariwal always in news, by hook or crook!!

Last edited:
In the eyes of the ordinary average Indian, kejriwal looks simple.

The so called intelligent society, may interpret in any way to suit their likings.

We have two heroes in delhi . One heading the central govt and the other the state.

We like the contradiction in their ideology, sartorial preferances ,oratory and love both.

Both remain in the news all the time and provide unlimited entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back