• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Has Swaminathan Aiyar turned insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened to Mr Swaminathan Aiyar who has reputed for his logical reasoning and incisive analysis...how can he create a ruckus in the country by surmising death of Narendar Modi, our beloved PM! Now I too can throw muck at him for being a beef eating, atheist casanova who wants to create a muti racial society! Did he try such tricks with the Gandhi family? His true colors are now known!

Why the Economic Times edited Swaminathan Aiyar's column in its web edition

October 15, 2015

The BJP leadership is upset with economist and columnist Swaminathan S Anklesaria Aiyar's column 'Swamispeak' in the edit page of the Economic Times' yesterday.

Aiyar wrote: "Manohar Parrikar, Union defence minister and former Goa chief minister, will be in the running to become the next prime minister if Modi dies of a heart attack tomorrow. Parrikar has been a loyal RSS man all his life."

The party feels that Aiyar could have avoided writing this as it's in bad taste. The BJP felt that the author could have mentioned the political death of Modi but not a mortal death.

Aiyar has refused to apologise but the Economic Times has summararily edited that part from its web edition today.

BJP sources confirmed that the Economic Times management found that such personal remarks could have been avoided and is believed to have assured the BJP that the policy of the paper is not against PM Modi but against his style of functioning and they do not subscribe to the views expressed by the author.

The edited version of his blog is given below:

http://blogs.economictimes.indiatim...i-was-right-to-oppose-a-ban-on-cow-slaughter/

Source: http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...-web-edition/7458ca9f88f581a327a7b83b0dfd6f66

Last edited:
What has happened to Mr Swaminathan Aiyar who has reputed for his logical reasoning and incisive analysis...how can he create a ruckus in the country by surmising death of Narendar Modi, our beloved PM! Now I too can throw muck at him for being a beef eating, atheist casanova who wants to create a muti racial society! Did he try such tricks with the Gandhi family? His true colors are now known!

Why the Economic Times edited Swaminathan Aiyar's column in its web edition

October 15, 2015

The BJP leadership is upset with economist and columnist Swaminathan S Anklesaria Aiyar's column 'Swamispeak' in the edit page of the Economic Times' yesterday.

Aiyar wrote: "Manohar Parrikar, Union defence minister and former Goa chief minister, will be in the running to become the next prime minister if Modi dies of a heart attack tomorrow. Parrikar has been a loyal RSS man all his life."

The party feels that Aiyar could have avoided writing this as it's in bad taste. The BJP felt that the author could have mentioned the political death of Modi but not a mortal death.

Aiyar has refused to apologise but the Economic Times has summararily edited that part from its web edition today.

BJP sources confirmed that the Economic Times management found that such personal remarks could have been avoided and is believed to have assured the BJP that the policy of the paper is not against PM Modi but against his style of functioning and they do not subscribe to the views expressed by the author.

The edited version of his blog is given below:

http://blogs.economictimes.indiatim...i-was-right-to-oppose-a-ban-on-cow-slaughter/

Source: http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...-web-edition/7458ca9f88f581a327a7b83b0dfd6f66

How come the original un-edited version escaped the attention of fast and furious anti-Modi copy paster..?

How much intelligent economist and columnist he may be, that is immaterial.
The words of Swaminathan S Anklesaria Aiyar, is very much in bad taste.
The fact that he
refused to apologise is much more worst and adding insult to injury.

I feel its no big deal cos he used the word IF the PM dies.

Death is inevitable..it can happen to anyone even right now..any logical person knows this.

The strange thing is we Hindus say blah blah blah about death saying its a transition..the atma never was born nor dies..the wise never lament death..what is born has to die and what that has died have to be born..but the moment anyone mentions the word death all hell breaks loose as if some major crime has been done.

The fact is as humans no matter what our scriptures say death is still a culturally "inauspicious event"...this only shows none of us practice what we preach when it comes to religion.

On philosophical grounds death is not a curse.

Its just that on cultural grounds its insensitive to mention about death when a person is living.

Coming to the point if Mr Aiyar has turned insane...I feel most of us are already insane..its just that very few admit it.

Last edited:
Renuka Mam,

Ok. You have spiritually justified. Swaminathan Aiyar might have written in lighter vein that too after spiritually knowing it earlier that everybody would die one day.

He is a Vadama Iyer, the brother of Mani Sankara Iyer and an atheist. He hailed from Mayuram. His daughter Pallavi Iyer is a journalist, who used to write articles in The Hindu.

Many Leftists are still unable to digest Modi's rise and his subsequent elevation as PM. The above comment shows the level of frustration and anger a Leftist has with BJP. If importance is given to such comment, it will the fellow who made such comments, which is quite unnecessary.

Aiyar brothers are known for their anti BJP stance. They are highly disappointed by the popular vedict of electing BJP to power and are still dreaming for a Congress Government. Their anger is the result of dissappintment.

Krodat bhavati sammohaha samohaat amriti vibhramaha.
Smriti bramsad Buddhi nasha , buddhinashat pranashyati. (BG II-63)

From Anger proceeds delusion, confused memory; from confused memory, the ruin of the reasoning;
due to ruin of reasoning, he perishes. (BG II-63)
Though given by the Lord on different context, this defines the "Buddhi Nasha" of the men in anger. No one is exception to this.

Let us pity these people and ignore their comments.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I think too much is being made of a a hypothetical scenario S A Iyer talks about.

So many write ups had appeared after Nehru s heart attack six months before his demise. They related to 'After Nehru who'.

No one called the newspaper writers crazy.

If one is in public life, many clinically assess possibilities of succession of leader after his demise.

Its just that on cultural grounds its insensitive to mention about death when a person is living.
Coming to the point if Mr Aiyar has turned insane...I feel most of us are already insane..its just that very few admit it.

Agreed with Doctor. All are insane only the degree differs......

Iyer is left of centre. His words reveal the frustration.

As for philosophising ev erything as suggested by Renukaji, I have this to say:

Language and words are not mere medium to convey. They also carry different meanings to different people in different situations. That is why we have in the civilised societies something called decorum. Death is an unpleasant subject for the majority of human beings. It is a general principle of decent living that we do not speak about it unless it is a special situati0on calling for condoling a death or a remembrance day. Philosophising is possible for educated people and not for all. So such mention of death is avoided while generally talking about other subjects. Mr. Iyer , despite his knowledge, has failed to understand this basic discipline.

So it is worth condemning.

First - Are we in civilised society?

Death is just an event like birth .The kind of political debates which go on in national TVs bordering on name calling and election speeches of all parties do not point to a

high standard of civilised behaviour.

We are not reciting the scriptures . Only somebody is dis cussing a political scenario . To impute motives to the person calling him a leftist etc may not be sensible.

S A Iyer is an excellent economist and a columnist of some calibre not many can match.

Well..one may start to wonder why Mr Aiyar was very specific about the possible cause of death..that too specifically mentioning a heart attack and not any other cause of death.

So I feel this comment should be taken in the deeper sense...Nature has many strange ways to get messages across..so may be Modi should just look into his health a little after all he must be facing tremendous stress as a PM in the current scenario where everyone expects him to cure India from its woes with a magic wand.

If anyone were to tell me something negative about my health..the first thing I would do is to get a health check up. A harsh comment could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

First - Are we in civilised society?

There is no human in the world who is truly civilized in the real sense.

The human being has a dampening effect in the brain to dampen our underlying primal instincts.

The best example is a brain injury..the type where one loses the dampening or inhibition capacity..even the best of people have become rude and violent after such injuries..becos of loss of inhibition effect of the brain..the person just acts on impulse.

Therefore the outward appearance of so called being civilized is an acquired phenomenon..cultural conditioning..life experiences etc..the inner core of a human being is still a raw impulsive person.

If you do a temporal lobectomy on a rishi/sage he wont be Mr cool calm rishi anymore..he will be an angry impulsive man.

The human is no different from an animal in the real sense.

Its just that they layers of existence has created a facade of civilization which we falsely identify with.

There is no human in the world who is truly civilized in the real sense.

If you do a temporal lobectomy on a rishi/sage he wont be Mr cool calm rishi anymore..he will be an angry impulsive man.
I beg to differ. Who said rishi/sage is Mr.Cool. They were notorious for bestowing "Saapams" with all the anger in the world.
All Rishis belonged to the era of under-civilisation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back