• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Guru Palan

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Guru Palan? How to know whether a boy or a girl got the gurupalan, which is one of the important aspect for proceeding in marriage..

Say girls star is - Bharani 4th Padam

I have heard of "guru balam" and may be you are calling the same thing as "guru palan". gurubalam is a very approximate judgmental assessment by the astrologer as to how much of influence the planet guru has in a horoscope. guru or jupiter is supposed to exert the maximum possible favourable influence for a long-lasting married life as also the faithfulness of the person to his/her spouse.

That said, this is not a maxim. guru can be very unhelpful also in some cases and if the planet jupiter becomes strong also, it is an indication against a smooth and pleasant married life.

Simply saying bharani 4th. padam shows only the position of moon. Nothing can be said about gurubalam without analysing the horoscope complete.

Dear Sangom Sir,

I think the OP does not mean what you have written but the following:

குரு பலம் வந்து விட்டதா? என்று அனைவரும் பொதுவாக கேட்பார்கள். ஒருவரின் ராசியிலிருந்து 2, 5, 7, 9, 11ம் ராசிகளில் குரு பகவான் சஞ்சரிக்கும் காலங்களில் குரு பலம் வந்து விட்டது என்பது ஜோதிட கருத்தாகும்.அதாவது இந்த மிதுன ராசிப் பெயர்ச்சி காலத்தில் ரிஷபம், கும்பம், தனுசு, துலாம், சிம்மம் ஆகிய ஐந்து ராசிகளுக்கும் குரு பலம் வந்து விட்டது என்று கூற வேண்டும்.
Source: குருப் பெயர்ச்சி பலன்கள்

Does this refer to lagnam position in the horoscope, Sir?

Dear Sangom Sir,

I think the OP does not mean what you have written but the following:

Source: குருப் பெயர்ச்சி பலன்கள்

Does this refer to lagnam position in the horoscope, Sir?

Smt. RR,

My words "gurubalam is a very approximate judgmental assessment by the astrologer as to how much of influence the planet guru has in a horoscope.", includes this transitional item also, but it is not the entire thing. For example, if the lagnam is thula, guru becomes the owner of the 3rd. and the 6th. houses and hence, functionally malefic for that person (with thula lagnam). Today, guru is transiting the gemini rasi; if the said person has kumbha rasi then guru will be in the fifth but it will not be correct to say குரு பலம் வந்து விட்டது and then proceed to predict so many good things. The best that may be said in such a situation will be that there could be a small amount of relief from various problems for that person. Again, the validity of such a prediction will depend on the intrinsic strength of guru in that horoscope and the iShTa & kaShTa phalas which he has, etc.

Thank you Sangom Sir for the clarification. Actually one of my friend mAmis, who has an unmarried son aged 40+ told me once

that astrologers say 'Guru palan' has come for her son but it has come and gone many times, without any effect! So sad!!

Thank you Sangom Sir for the clarification. Actually one of my friend mAmis, who has an unmarried son aged 40+ told me once

that astrologers say 'Guru palan' has come for her son but it has come and gone many times, without any effect! So sad!!

Nowadays, I come across many similar cases. These boys do not have very strong indicators for married life but their parents run about in search of a girl, and that too a tabra girl who will be amenable to all their wishes. They are determined to chase the mirage and end up that way. If we suggest that they widen the search to other hindu castes and girls who can be vegetarian (like tabras), and also to give up the horoscope matching condition, they don't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back