• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gujarat IPS officer who took on Modi after 2002 riots dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Gujarat IPS officer who took on Modi after 2002 riots dismissed

SANJIV_BHATT_2516251f.jpg
[h=2]Sanjiv Bhatt filed affidavit accusing Modi of complicity in 2002 riots[/h]The services of Gujarat’s suspended officer Sanjiv Bhatt, who had taken on the then Narendra Modi administration on the 2002 riots, has been terminated from the Indian Police Service (IPS) by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India.

“I have received the message that I have been terminated from the service,” Mr. Bhatt told The Hindu. Asked whether he would challenge the termination, he said, “I will think about it. I just received the message some time back.”
In April 2011, Mr. Bhatt filed an affidavit in the Supreme Court accusing Mr. Modi of “complicity in the 2002 riots” in which over 1,200 people, mostly from the minority community, were massacred.

The 1988 batch IPS officer of Gujarat cadre, Mr. Bhatt was suspended by the Gujarat government after he filed an explosive affidavit in the Supreme Court contending that he “had attended the meeting held by the then Chief Minister of Gujarat Mr. Modi who had asked the top police officials to let Hindus vent out their anger against the minority community following the attack on the Sabarmati Express in which 59 Hindus were torched to death near the Godhra railway station.”

Following his affidavit in the apex court, which was monitoring the probe by the Special Investigation Team headed by the former CBI director R.K. Raghavan, looking into the cases of 2002 riots as also the role of Mr. Modi, the State government had suspended him and he was also briefly arrested by the State police.

The State authorities had implicated Mr. Bhatt in several cases and a detailed dossier was compiled and sent to the MHA seeking his dismissal from the service.

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/sanjiv-bhatt-dismissed-from-ips/article7558253.ece

Modi's attitude of taking vengeance on his rivals, is better known to RSS.
That was the reason for giving preference to him over Advani.

OMG! I did not expect this from Modi!

Shouldn't he admire that IPS Sanjiv Bhatt was only his doing his duty.

Most police are corrupt and are in the payroll of politicians and here a man is brave enough to file an affidavit against the then CM..his courage should be admired.

He felt that Modi being the CM then was playing religious politics and that is not right cos loss of lives should not be condoned.Any form is violence should be stopped.
A Hindu killing a Muslim or a Muslim killing a Hindu should not happen in a state well governed.

So why dismiss a person who was just carrying out his duties?

Its sheer injustice to sack him.

Then why speak of Dharma and Hindutva if revenge is thy name?

Last edited:
Taking revenge may be one of the essential virtues of "Dharma and Hindutva"

Revenge is not Dharma.Revenge has ego as its substratum.

Dharma is allowing your opponent to have an equal battle with you.

Dharma only has justice as its substratum.

Revenge is not Dharma.Revenge has ego as its substratum.

Dharma is allowing your opponent to have an equal battle with you.

Dharma only has justice as its substratum.

In all Hindu mythologies God/Goddesses,used to kill/defeat opponents only with the pretext of establishing Dharma.

In all Hindu mythologies God/Goddesses,used to kill/defeat opponents only with the pretext of establishing Dharma.

But their opponents too put up a fight and went down fighting as a hero.

So its fair and square.

But their opponents too put up a fight and went down fighting as a hero.

So its fair and square.

Yes. Not even clerks of Govt. Dept. could be dismissed without formal enquiry and fair trial giving opportunity to prove his innocence.

Under rules governing Civil servants (IAS Category) people could not be dismissed without giving fair opportunity)

Cases might have been founded and proved. Lone fighters would not survive this.

Only as a final attempt, Sanjiv Bhatt approaches SC for remedy.

[h=1]My dismissal was predetermined: Sanjiv Bhatt [/h][h=2]The Gujarat cadre IPS officer alleges that the government had no specific or genuine allegation or charge against him.[/h]Gujarat cadre IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, who has been dismissed from service by the NDA government nine years ahead of his superannuation, has said the government of Gujarat was determined to see him sacked after he filed the affidavit in the Supreme Court “exposing the Narendra Modi government’s complicity in the 2002 riots.”

“My dismissal is based on an inquiry that has been ex parte from the beginning, so probably I will be the first IPS officer to have been removed from service based on an ex parte inquiry ordered by the people who cannot deal with officials who show some spine,” Mr. Bhatt told The Hindu.

The government created a “charade of inquiry that was conducted by the people who are close to the political masters,” he said.
The departmental inquiry ordered by the Gujarat government against Mr. Bhatt was conducted by two IPS officers, Shivanand Jha and Rakesh Asthana, both Commissioners of Police, Ahmedabad and Surat respectively.

Mr. Bhatt alleged that the government had no specific or genuine allegation or charge against him but created “flimsy grounds and charges” to harass him.

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...predetermined-sanjiv-bhatt/article7562434.ece

My dismissal was predetermined: Sanjiv Bhatt

“My dismissal is based on an inquiry that has been ex parte from the beginning, so probably I will be the first IPS officer to have been removed from service based on an ex parte inquiry ordered by the people who cannot deal with officials who show some spine,” Mr. Bhatt told The Hindu.
Mr. Bhatt alleged that the government had no specific or genuine allegation or charge against him but created “flimsy grounds and charges” to harass him.
Even if he would have attended the enquiry,he could have got the same punishment.

In any enquiry, there will be 3 chances will be given to the accused to appear in person to defend him selves.
If the accused is absent on all the 3 occasions, based on the recommendations of the enquiry officer, minimum or maximum punishment would be awarded.

In this case maximum was given.

Any how, the case will be very much sensational in SC.

Last edited:
‘Fought despite knowing it was an unequal battle’

Excerpts:

But why did you not participate in the inquiry process?

I was willing and I am still prepared to face any inquiry that is duly constituted and genuine. Here in this case, in which the Gujarat government ordering the inquiry based on flimsy and petty issues, never gave me the set of documents I needed to respond to the allegations and charges levelled against me. I had written to the authorities concerned to provide me papers which they refused, so I opted out of the process.

What were the charges and allegations against you?

Even I don't know the specific charges and allegations but to me those were petty issues like “unauthorised absence from the service, misuse of official vehicles and other facilities etc.” These issues cropped up after I first appeared before the Special Investigation Team (SIT) that was probing the cases of the 2002 riots. When I brought out their complicity in the ghastly riots, they launched a mission to malign my reputation and discredit my service record.

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/int...njiv-bhatt/article7562435.ece?ref=relatedNews

He may file a case in the higher court, which will add up to the existing lakhs and lakhs of cases. Otherwise, there is no significance.

The RSS/BJP wallahs will be very happy, I think. Some years back, there was a video clip in the internet showing Modi talking in Gujarati to a (apparently) hindu shopkeeper and saying that hindus will have nothing to fear and that orders have been issued. Though I can follow gujarati, the audio was unclear and so I was unable to get more details.

IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked: Shame-then-frame trend part of vendetta politics of Gujarat?

Excerpts:

Sanjay Bhai Joshi, Bharat Sinh Solanki and Sanjiv Bhatt should exchange notes on the art of giving a dog a bad name and hanging him. All three Gujaratis, by birth or karma, have had the unfortunate distinction of figuring in scandals that derailed their careers. They share a common past, common enemies and a common destiny perpetrated by sex CDs.

Bhatt's case is a shocking example of a state judging an officer on the basis of what he does outside the office, in his bedroom. The 1988 batch IPS officer, who was suspended in 2011 for being absent from duty, has been kicked out for, among other things, an alleged extra-marital affair.

Bhatt, like Joshi, has denied that he is the man in the CD. Though he has refused to challenge his termination arguing the futility of staying on when he is not wanted by the government, Bhatt claims somebody impersonated him in the sleaze video.

Bhatt is no saint, he has a controversial past and questionable credibility. Before he took on Narendra Modi in the aftermath of the Gujarat riots, Bhatt was a non-descript officer except with a few skeletons at his home. Later, when he fell out with 'family friend' Tushar Mehta, an additional advocate general of the Gujarat government, several sleazy stories about the reason for the animus surfaced.

Bhatt's testimony, that he was present at a meeting of police officials at Modi's residence where "he claims the then Gujarat CM asked cops to allow Hindus to vent their anger, is also disputed. Nobody has backed his assertion; he has himself failed to explain how he was present at the alleged meeting without being invited.

But, there no is gainsaying that Bhatt riled Modi, first with his campaign and then by propping up his wife as the BJP candidate from Maninagar against the then CM in the 2012 election.

By design or default, or because of sheer bad luck or karma, not many get away after taking on Modi in Gujarat.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/ips-...-of-vendetta-politics-of-gujarat-2400796.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back