• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Guidance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Experts,

I do not have a guru and began listening to mantras over internet (youtube mostly). I would like to know is it mandatory to have a guru and initiation process to delve into spirituality? If yes, what is required?

I have several questions and hope someone would be kind enough to guide me to the correct path.

1. What is sankalpam?
2. How to do (procedure) Saraswathi mantra japa? Some say begin with 10000 times in one day then continue with 108 times for 40 days. There is also 125000 repititions. How to do that?
3. Why there are many mantras for a Diety (eg Saraswathi). Which is the correct one to recite if one needs to improve knowledge, do well in education or other field of studies?

Some have mentioned that doing meditation or chanting mantras improperly will produce ill effect and other horror stories.
Are they true? I am a total beginner who started meditating and several months have passed. Only effect I experienced is occasional headache, jerk and shivers, but have not experienced any of the wonders mentioned by others. My meditating period is the entire Lalitha Sahasranamam strotam, approximately 50 minutes.

Hoping for some feedback.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back