• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Govt re-election manifesto is a total disaster !!

Jaykay767

The govt had a great opportunity to reset the narrative with its manifesto, but it totally messed up with useless schemes and programs.

1. Jobs - Big Fail. All surveys and opinion polls say that unemployment is #1 issue, absolutely no plans in this ?? No major private sector sops and investments, No major govt programs to stimulate msme sector, No SEZ plans for major IT expansion like how China is focussing on AI, absolutely nothing.,. ??

2. Major Infra projects - Big Fail. Now some will say, the 100 lakh Crore infra project...will give jobs..but when ?? Such large programs will take years to even get started. First a committee has to be formed, study conducted, detailed plans formed, pilots done, and then phases finalised...well by then millions of our people would have died and gone to heaven..

3. Farm Crisis - Big Fail. After so much protest, absolutely no plans to revive the sector except for some pension schemes for over 60 yrs old farmers, and doubling MSP price. Now doubling the msp price is proved to be a failure as only approx 10% farmers sell to the govt directly. Given the massive farm crisis, Most farmers won't get to live till 60 yrs as most suicide or die early due to unprecedented stress !! What a lost opportunity to fix the sectoral issues,

4. GST - Big Fail. After so much of angst by traders, there is no plans to solve this crisis except for some broad statements that we will do simplification. I mean with so much issues, should we not have a clear plan of action to address the issues already raised by traders in forum after forum. Gosh....

5. Pucca houses - why is this even a priority ?? I mean, people, have no jobs, no income, no food on table, no livelyhood. And what will they do with houses ??

This is why I keep saying, we need to first get the "right ideas" and then focus on implementation.

Jaykay767

Pl don't get into personal attacks and derail the thread, if you have a intelligent and strong counter, please do by all means.

Only "focus on the issues", and analyse if the manifesto is addressing it or not.

mkrishna100

Does the 2019 BJP Manifesto have a report card for what it promised in 2014 , how much it succeeded in implementing the same and reasons why it could not do what it promised ?

mkrishna100

"The ruling party has no moral rights to present an election manifesto, which they have done today. Instead of this, they should have presented an action report of the promises they made in the last election."- Mayawati during a rally in Gautam Buddha Nagar

Jaykay767

Does the 2019 BJP Manifesto have a report card for what it promised in 2014 , how much it succeeded in implementing the same and reasons why it could not do what it promised ?
LOL. It would be interesting to see how the right wingers twist this question.

They will endlessly repeat, Congress,mahagatbhandan is bad, evil, dynasts, etc..Arey, what about this govt performance ?, again, the same story - congress, mahagatbhandan is evil, bad, dynasts, etc.

LOL.

mkrishna100

Modi came, Modi spoke but Modi didn't take questions

KRN

Its me, me and me only for Modi.

I believe that personally Modi is a very humble person. The truth is, in India it's more effective to seek votes in the name of personalities rather than all those policies that the analysts gripe over periodically. This is what every party does in India, be it Congress, The left, Mayawati etc

mkrishna100

BJP IN 2014:
1. Vote fore Vikas
2. Vote for Development
3. Vote for Job
s 4. Vote for Achche Din
BJP in 2019:
1. Vote for Army
2. Vote for Air Strike
3. Vote for Ali & BajrangBali
4. Wyanad is a Muslim Population, Rahul is afraid of Hindu

Jaykay767

BJP IN 2014:
1. Vote fore Vikas
2. Vote for Development
3. Vote for Job
s 4. Vote for Achche Din
BJP in 2019:
1. Vote for Army
2. Vote for Air Strike
3. Vote for Ali & BajrangBali
4. Wyanad is a Muslim Population, Rahul is afraid of Hindu
The tragedy for this country is that the right wingers continue to support despite clear failure by this govt on all accounts !!

They are unable to accept this reality and hold them accountable ! And if they comes back to power, they will not bother about delivery of services as their right wing vote base is not bothered,

And in the end, it is the right wing, that is suffering from these misguided policies !!

Jaykay767

This govt is making too many fundamental mistakes. I mean, why blame Nehru, Indira, for the lacunaes of our country ?

This has no relevance or resonance with people today even if it is true. And how does it matter?? They voted for this govt to fix the mess created by the previous regimes. By continuously harping on Nerhu, they are losing the narrative with atleast the social media, Twitter groups !!

Jaykay767

Modi came, Modi spoke but Modi didn't take questions

This strategy of not taking press conferences, particularly in the social media age, "may" prove costly with the urban voters.

And Rahul has really occupied this space very well, and grown in huge confidence by taking al questions from the audience !!

mkrishna100

Modi's HRD Minister Smriti Irani's 'Degree' Downfall
In 2004 - Smriti Irani's affidavit - BA in 1996 from Delhi University
In 2014 - Smriti Irani's affidavit - BCom Pat1 in 1994 from Delhi University
In 2019 - Smriti Irani's affidavit - BCom Not Completed from Delhi University

Last edited: