• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gajendra Moksham

In tri-kuta mountain, in a place called Rtumat, lived Gajendra, a majestic elephant. One day it was drinking water in a lake with its mates. A growling crocodile attacks it. Its mates run away. Gajendra is pulled into water. Crocodile seizes the leg with fearsome growls.

As Gajendra realizes everyone is alone in their birth and death, it loudly invokes that witnessing puruSa (Lord Narayana) as its Atman who is beyond all knowledge and senses, to guide its knowledge and actions in fighting the battle with crocodile. Gajendra shares this wisdom.

I invoke that Adi puruSa, the seed of everything, the Atman beyond all senses. He who rises on his own, gives rise to everything, exists beyond everything, I submit to Him.

In this Universe caused by mAyA, though everything including pancha-bhutAs perish, He shines as unchanging source of Atman that protects. Unknown even to devaRsis, He camouflages like a talented actor his wish that runs the Universe. Great Munis with detached minds, search for his divine feet to submit . I seek His feet.

I submit to that formless, omnipresent Easan beyond everything, the paramatma who manifests as Atman in us to guide our actions, but who cannot be reached by words or senses.

By submitting to you, the detached, people get peace, even with inaction. Peaceful, terrible, attributeless, undifferentiated, stabilizer, the puruSa, the source of Atman, whose witnessing runs everything, I submit to You, who knows everything.

One who sees all senses, gunas, causes all of them. In the shadowy, untrue universe, He is the true light. The causeless cause of Universe holds it. I submit to his feet
He is situated like fire inside wood, waiting to be brought out. Detached from dharma, artha, kama, whoever tries without physical considerations, they reach their goal by bringing him out.

Irrespective of result, if one submits to his feet, does their best, continue doing it, that Easan beyond everything unites with Atman, enabling them to perceive beyond their senses

Neither devasura, human, animal, he is the residuleless residue, the essence of all, which divides itself into forms of agni, forces, senses, knowledge, body etc
I submit to the Universal wisdom that makes, becomes the Universe to be in my heart, as in that of Yogis, to remove my mAyA of me thinking I am just an elephant ( and invoke His power)

Fastest of all forces is you the wisdom that guides our senses, you offer limitless protection as you reside as Atman inside. Manifest, give your power and rule me over
Summoning infinite power of Lord nArAayaNa as Atman, Gajendra breaks free from the crocodile.

Through Gajendra Moksham story, Srimad Bhagavatam tells us that Lord Narayana manifests as the Atman in those who submit to him, giving them His immense power to fight their crocodiles of life.

Singer - Smt Ranganayagi (aged 84)

Latest ads

Back