• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

For the first time, ASI tells court Taj Mahal is not a temple but a tomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

For the first time, the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has stated in a court that the Taj Mahal is a tomb and not a temple. According to officials, a 1920 notification to protect the Taj Mahal has been made the basis for this affidavit in a local court here.

The Union culture ministry in November 2015 had already clarified in the Lok Sabha that there was no evidence of any temple at the Taj.

In April 2015, the Agra district court had admitted a suit filed by six lawyers that the Taj Mahal is a Lord Shiva temple (Tejo Mahalaya) and Hindu devotees should be allowed access inside the premises. The court had issued notices to the central government, Union ministry of culture, home secretary and ASI to file their replies.

........................................................................................

The archaeological body categorically denied that no such temple or Shiv Linga as stated by the plaintiffs existed in the Taj Mahal.

It is specifically denied that the name Tejo Mahalaya mandir as stated ever existed at the place of present Taj Mahal and is being misrepresented and misconceived hence not admitted at all...The property in the suit was not usurped but was obtained in exchange from Raja Jai Singh.

While urging the court to dismiss the petition, ASI said contentions of the plaintiffs were without any basis or ground and are "concoction" of plaintiff's imagination.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-a-temple-but-a-tomb/articleshow/60224065.cms

I too would like to believe that it was a Temple, I have been brainwashed by P. N. Oak.
But I trust the professionals in the field.

Last edited:
May be GOI does not want to fight on several fronts! Ayodhya is first priority!!

Do you think Modiji personally is going to build the Temple? And he has no time to do anything else? Is he breathing or holding his breath?

The Indian government is full of Brilliant lawyers, bureaucrats, and administrators who can do their job if given proper direction. I believe Modiji is the Prime Minister of India. I did not know when he became a Hintva PM?

Last edited:
When the Court admits such a petition, it does mean that it is impressed that there is prima facie in this case.

Now the ASI has made clear its stand

There may be lot of other evidences/avenues open for the claimants to establish their case.

Of course, ASI is not the only authority on whose stand decision can be taken on such vital issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think Modiji personally is going to build the Temple? And he has no time to do anything else? Is he breathing or holding his breath?

The Indian government is full of Brilliant lawyers, bureaucrats, and administrators who can do their job if given proper direction. I believe Modiji is the Prime Minister of India. I did not know when he became a Hintva PM?

The temple was part of their manifesto..They cannot cheat the people now!!

The temple was part of their manifesto..They cannot cheat the people now!!

You are right sir,

[h=1]Babri Masjid case: BJP committed to building Ram temple in Ayodhya, says Union minister Kalraj Mishra[/h]
Mathura: Union minister Kalraj Mishra Monday said the BJP was committed to construct the Ram temple in Ayodhya. He said the environment for the construction of the temple was gradually building up.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/babr...ays-union-minister-kalraj-mishra-3958653.html

ASI is refusing to Part with any information even if you file RTI, Transparency is totally not there ,Several theories by Archaeologist are wrong or based on speculation,There is neither any healthy debate or sharing of any work done by them

Were there individual land ownership during Shah Jahan times..?

We know that Temples were razed to the ground by different Kingdoms and other religions.

We know for sure that Kutub Minar was built on the site of a Temple because the remnants of the old Temple are still there.
Land ownership may not prove anything.

Can we date a building scientifically to prove that it was built during Shah Jahan period?

We know that Temples were razed to the ground by different Kingdoms and other religions.

We know for sure that Kutub Minar was built on the site of a Temple because the remnants of the old Temple are still there.
Land ownership may not prove anything.

Can we date a building scientifically to prove that it was built during Shah Jahan period ?

There is a well established science of radio-carbon dating (commonly called carbon dating) which gives fairly accurate assessment of date (I suppose measured in decades) of construction of monument, building, structures etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back