• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

For 45 Years, Indian Army Dinner Table Awaits The Soldiers Who Didn’t Return I

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

For 45 Years, Indian Army Dinner Table Awaits The Soldiers Who Didn’tReturn In 1971

Restaurant-Indian-Army-750x500.jpg

The story behind a special tradition…

At the entrance of the Dining Hall of NATIONAL DEFENCEACADEMY Khadakwasla, there is a table set for one, with the chair tiltedforward. This table is set for the Armed Forces Personnel who are Prisoners ofWar and forgotten, in the hope that they will return one day ( 54 PsOW of the1971 war have never returned home).The Placard on the table says: “The table set is small, for one, symbolizing the frailty of oneprisoner against his oppressors. The single rose displayed in a vase reminds usof the families and loved ones of our comrades-in-arms who keep their faithawaiting their return. The Red Ribbon tied so prominently on the vase isreminiscent of the red ribbon worn upon the lapel and breasts of thousands whobear witness to their unyielding determination to demand a proper accounting ofour missing.

Read more at: http://thelogicalindian.com/story-f...awaits-the-soldiers-who-didnt-return-in-1971/

Besides that, the tiny able will remind the entrants that this kind of eventuality could happen to some braves, who all would be remembered by the nation.

hi

being army retired....i know the pain of POWs life.....its hard life in peace or war....

hopefully we have more than 54 POWs from 1971, that we have kept for good.

back to reality. nowadays, and i am quite sure in 1971 too, there is very little opportunity for soldiers to go missing in war. there is very little chance, of the 'unknown' soldier syndrome any more. it was more in the first and second world wars this happened. due to poor communication. even in the second war, 'dog tags' ie metal ids of the soldiers came into being and one could identify the dead.

re this missing POW, i wonder if there is any chance of error! that too has happened before.

hopefully we have more than 54 POWs from 1971, that we have kept for good.

back to reality. nowadays, and i am quite sure in 1971 too, there is very little opportunity for soldiers to go missing in war. there is very little chance, of the 'unknown' soldier syndrome any more. it was more in the first and second world wars this happened. due to poor communication. even in the second war, 'dog tags' ie metal ids of the soldiers came into being and one could identify the dead.

re this missing POW, i wonder if there is any chance of error! that too has happened before.
hi

even today..all soldiers are issued metal ids........missing generally happens in dense forests......otherwise absconding.....

many reasons.....sometimes move away some gals in a remote villages...generally POWs recorded and exchanged later

after the war...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back