• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fmradios and brahmin speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
I request everybody, to ban the way of speaking in FM radios. They are speaking as like brahmins. Even though i do not take in a negative way. We should not take small things and all, very lighter. EVerybody should not take brahmins lightly. We should make efforts, first of all to cut short such sort of culture, going on FMradios.

I think we must never be reactive. Look at parsis and sardars, People make joke of them and they donot react. Let thousand dogs bark, the elephant walks unperturbed.

Brahmin talk on FM radios!

I request everybody, to ban the way of speaking in FM radios. They are speaking as like brahmins. Even though i do not take in a negative way. We should not take small things and all, very lighter. EVerybody should not take brahmins lightly. We should make efforts, first of all to cut short such sort of culture, going on FMradios.

Hi Sampath!
I am now in Chennai and while traveling in a car, once in a while, I hear two women chat and one of them has a brahminical accent. However, I didn't see anything that could be construed as insulting brahmins. Do you think it is insulting to us? If so, how do you propose we ban it?

We can begin by not including a visual of Odissi dancers on our comminity forum masthead :)( Though I have high regard for that classical art form)

Odissi is beautiful and civilized but not Tambrahm

Please note the differences between the bharatanatyam dancer on your left and the Odissi dancer on your right. The lady has a cone on her head, no Suryamukhi/chandramukhi in her hair, the body-language of her Mudra is different and the Hut and beach in the background have the pristine Orissa Coast feel to them....that said,
why should we be narrow and parochial - to hear Raghunath Panigrahi sing is a transcendentally divine experience:rapture:

Hi,

I understand that. Is it they mock all communities. If they mock at some other community, I dont want to name the community, they will be getting 'ARIVA Vettu'. If they mock some other religions they will lose votes. But we do not show, any reaction. At the same time, if we show spontanously, emotional reaction, they will gain publicity, in politics. In directly with joining with other community people/religions people we should make them to afraid.
We should not allow them, to take us cheaply or should not allow anybody, we would not take anything lightly.

That's the point. They mock us because we are weak, my dear fellas. Weak. On top of this weakness, there is no unity. No doubt we are being mocked and ridiculed everywhere in TN. I am telling you, if we do not work on our weakness and unity, this mockery and ridicule will continue.

We must worship Bajrang Bali, Parashuram and the likewise strong ones. Weakness is the curse which has befallen the Brahmins.

I think it is good, at least once in a while, to laugh at ourselves...

Aping the dialect is not to be condemned as it has become an accepted way of attempting humour...

The problem is when the brahmin community is specifically targeted as being exploiters and opportunists... as if this is a trait only seen among the brahmins...

Cinema, to a large extent, has had a major role in focussing on this area - I think, from the days of "Ram teri Ganga Maili"??

Ever seen a christian padre attempting to molest a girl (in Indian movies)? or a Mullah? No, the current political/societal setup is practicing reverse discrimination in the most arrogant and blatant way... and THAT needs to be stopped.

How? By standing up for ourselves and being united... This is the only solution... once the society is aware that we are not bothered about their silly sentiments and are purposeful in our way, then these type of moronic anti-brahmin depictions would gradually cease.

Protest March

Not having heard the conversation on the radio I cannot comment about it but the topic reminds me of another protest I took part in in the late 70s or early 80s. There was a Tamil movie, I forget its name, that depicted a madisar mammi in an unfair light. That movie proved to be a catalyst for the largest protest by the brahmin community in Madras that I have witnessed. We all assembled outside the Ayodhya mandapam in West Mambalam and marched through the Doraisamy road subway onto Usman Road, Mount Road and then onto Raj Bhavan to hand over a petition to the then Governor.

Thousands and thousands of brahmins participated in the march carrying placards denouncing the movie and the policies of the TN govt. The lines that snaked through the streets of Madras was so long I am not exaggerating if I said the head of the line was at the subway while the tail had yet to start at the mandapam. Violence against the marchers was feared but nothing untoward happened. No one dared throw a stone or utter obscenities at the marchers. The entire march went off peacefully. The show of strength and unity was an amazing sight. Our community is capable of coming together and as it did then and can flex some muscle. As in all movements what we need is organization and leadership. The leadership should be willing to sacrifice time and effort and have the passion to set things right.

Yes other religions are more organized. They seem to have a chain of command and can dictate orders top down. Hinduism has never been a religion like that. It just pervades the space. It is a way of life. In technology terms it can be said to be distributed or federalized. Sri Kanchi Sankaracharya who was the defacto head of the brahmin community in TN has been driven out of Sankara Madam and maybe even out of our state and if we were not outraged enough to protest that I doubt if a movie or radio character is going to get us to critical mass.

Any long journey has to start with a single step. This forum is a step in the right direction. The road has hazards both moral and real but the journey has to be undertaken.The journey is long to reclaim our beloved homeland from the atheists and brahmin haters who have suffocated the people with their lies and drowned it in the sewage of corruption.

Fortune favors the brave. The community needs a few brave souls to take fight forward.

Monks.

Not having heard the conversation on the radio I cannot comment about it but the topic reminds me of another protest I took part in in the late 70s or early 80s. There was a Tamil movie, I forget its name, that depicted a madisar mammi in an unfair light. That movie proved to be a catalyst for the largest protest by the brahmin community in Madras that I have witnessed. We all assembled outside the Ayodhya mandapam in West Mambalam and marched through the Doraisamy road subway onto Usman Road, Mount Road and then onto Raj Bhavan to hand over a petition to the then Governor.

Thousands and thousands of brahmins participated in the march carrying placards denouncing the movie and the policies of the TN govt. The lines that snaked through the streets of Madras was so long I am not exaggerating if I said the head of the line was at the subway while the tail had yet to start at the mandapam. Violence against the marchers was feared but nothing untoward happened. No one dared throw a stone or utter obscenities at the marchers. The entire march went off peacefully. The show of strength and unity was an amazing sight. Our community is capable of coming together and as it did then and can flex some muscle. As in all movements what we need is organization and leadership. The leadership should be willing to sacrifice time and effort and have the passion to set things right.

Yes other religions are more organized. They seem to have a chain of command and can dictate orders top down. Hinduism has never been a religion like that. It just pervades the space. It is a way of life. In technology terms it can be said to be distributed or federalized. Sri Kanchi Sankaracharya who was the defacto head of the brahmin community in TN has been driven out of Sankara Madam and maybe even out of our state and if we were not outraged enough to protest that I doubt if a movie or radio character is going to get us to critical mass.

Any long journey has to start with a single step. This forum is a step in the right direction. The road has hazards both moral and real but the journey has to be undertaken.The journey is long to reclaim our beloved homeland from the atheists and brahmin haters who have suffocated the people with their lies and drowned it in the sewage of corruption.

Fortune favors the brave. The community needs a few brave souls to take fight forward.

Monks.
hi all,
i think the movie is called "bathra Kali " or "meendum Kokila" ..i
remember the protest march too. Have anybody heard about a
tamil brahmin speaking hindi movies/ or north india... even north
india especially delhi....they show a tamil brahmin talikng in hindi...
they make a joke too. but there is no protest on these things..
the things are going on....nobody really cares about it.....every
body thinks more individuality more than a community.

reagards
tbs

i agree with you. nobody should dare to make fun or insult our way of life. These fellows have to be warned and there is no better way of being united.
lets all rally

nakkal , kindall'lam venum oi, summa ellathukkum sandai podamudiyathu.
sonna sollindu poran.

Moreover.....

umakku puratchi vesham ellam porunthathu , comedy thaan varum. ippo unga offer'a seerippa than erukku

LOL.

yes,puratchi magan,is here.i am ready to lead.

Sb

கைப்புள்ள அறுவாளோட கெளம்பிட்டாரு எத்தன தல உருள போகுதோ தெரியலயே! இப்படி உஸுப்பேத்தி உஸுப்பேத்தியே ஒடம்ப ரணகளமாக்கிட்டாங்கப்பா

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back