• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Father anniversary doubt

Anand90

Hi Namaskaram, my father passed away at vinayagar chathirthi few years back and his yearly srartham comes this sep 23 during vinayagar chathurthi. In my family me and mom and my twin brother there
My brother and mom going to uk due to his job.
My vathiyar adviced not to do this year srartham as I am alone. After return my mom in three month we can do it at some sasti thithi like.
Please advice if this is correct or what I should do.

Hi Namaskaram, my father passed away at vinayagar chathirthi few years back and his yearly srartham comes this sep 23 during vinayagar chathurthi. In my family me and mom and my twin brother there
My vathiyar adviced not to do this year srartham as I am alone. After return my mom in three month we can do it at some sasti thithi like.
Even if you are alone you have to perform thithi no excuses srartham can't postpone and no excuses too this was
darmasastharam says

Wrong advice. Please to it in the thithi. If you are alone do it as hiranyam

Among the twins who has done the final rites if you have done you need not wait but if your twin brother did then only he has to do and do as per vadhyar said

Among the twins who has done the final rites if you have done you need not wait but if your twin brother did then only he has to do and do as per vadhyar said
When common cooking is fine eldest son does shradh @ other sons join. If separate cooking each son has to for it. In this cade only one is in India & he has to perform it on the given thithi

Latest ads

Back