• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Everything is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsundaram

I have read:

Once a man gave some olives to another who had never seen olives, and said, "These have a lot of oil in them." The person cut the fruit but could see no oil - until his friend showed him how to squeeze the olives in order to extract the oil from the pulp. So it is with God.

Everything in the universe is saturated with His presence - the twinkling stars, the rose, the song of the bird, our minds. His Being permeates everything, everywhere. But one has metaphorically to "squeeze" God out of His material concealment.

I have read:

Once a man gave some olives to another who had never seen olives, and said, "These have a lot of oil in them." The person cut the fruit but could see no oil - until his friend showed him how to squeeze the olives in order to extract the oil from the pulp. So it is with God.

Everything in the universe is saturated with His presence - the twinkling stars, the rose, the song of the bird, our minds. His Being permeates everything, everywhere. But one has metaphorically to "squeeze" God out of His material concealment.

Sri.Dr Sundaram Sir,

It is not that easy to realise God. For starters, if one likes to 'see' or realise 'God', one has to have Godly qualities. If one has godly qualities, one may not bother to seek God. It is my humble opinion, Sir.

Cheers!

Off course it's true that to see or realise 'God' one has to have Godly qualities.

At the same time it's true that Godly qualities can not be obtained unless one is in search of God.

We can say that having Godly qualities and the sense of botheration to seek God goes parallel. It's the same thing.

Without seeking God, Godly qualities can not be attempted to achieve and once Godly qualities obtained, the sense of seeking God will multifold.

Off course it's true that to see or realise 'God' one has to have Godly qualities.

At the same time it's true that Godly qualities can not be obtained unless one is in search of God.

We can say that having Godly qualities and the sense of botheration to seek God goes parallel. It's the same thing.

Without seeking God, Godly qualities can not be attempted to achieve and once Godly qualities obtained, the sense of seeking God will multifold.

Chi.Ravi,

Not everyone 'seek' God. I am not even talking about atheists or agnostics (That is different subject altogether). One may be very much devoted to God, may not seek God at all. Kindly think about your own elders, please. You may count so many devoted persons; but, they may be just following their nithya karma, pooja and punaskarams. They may not even take part in any enquiry about God. Just by maitaining a nice life style, helpful to others and maintaining their own businesses, they would be ripe to 'seek' and 'realise' God, should they choose to do so.

So, in my humble opinion, Godly qualities as widely believed by Hindu society is quite possible without any attempt to seek God.

Cheers!

re

Chi.Ravi,

Not everyone 'seek' God. I am not even talking about atheists or agnostics (That is different subject altogether). One may be very much devoted to God, may not seek God at all. Kindly think about your own elders, please. You may count so many devoted persons; but, they may be just following their nithya karma, pooja and punaskarams. They may not even take part in any enquiry about God. Just by maitaining a nice life style, helpful to others and maintaining their own businesses, they would be ripe to 'seek' and 'realise' God, should they choose to do so.

So, in my humble opinion, Godly qualities as widely believed by Hindu society is quite possible without any attempt to seek God.

Cheers!

Raghy,

What you write about elders is true to some extent in my life.It is far more important for me to be truthful,lovable,non-violent,peaceful,righteous,just than doing pouring abhisekam on mahalingam daily,which i do during special festivals too.

The character building qualities is godly qualities sir.

Even writing in the forum thru internet,is a will of god,and god is the doer and i am just a messenger or tool in his divine play.

nachi naga.

Chi.Ravi,

Cheers!

Sri Raghy ji,

I could clearly understand your claim now.

You are absolutely correct....There are maney people in society who behave as a true human being. They love them selves and love others. They are into lots of charity work and live a disciplined and respectful life. We many not even find them spending time in temples and or doing lots of pooja at home.

They carry God in their heart with or without their knowledge and just keep going in this Karma Bhoomi without expectations from others.

Such people are true devotees of God and need not to pull Golden Chariot in temples.

Respected Sir,
SeekingGod is it not different to every individuals . The question in my mind is why do we seek God? A layman may not seek God but may be doing his duties with the mentality work is worship. Another man may be doing full time Japa, Thapa rituals etc seeking God and his grace24 hours. Some may be of the opinion to help others volunterely whereas others may be helping when ever requested only? In these cases who will attain the goal ? which is the real path?

re

Respected Sir,
SeekingGod is it not different to every individuals . The question in my mind is why do we seek God? A layman may not seek God but may be doing his duties with the mentality work is worship. Another man may be doing full time Japa, Thapa rituals etc seeking God and his grace24 hours. Some may be of the opinion to help others volunterely whereas others may be helping when ever requested only? In these cases who will attain the goal ? which is the real path?

krs,

what your atma dictates that is correct or as gurus say bhakthi margam is the kali yugam,moksha prapthi way.

nachi naga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back