• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Equivalence of oneness and infinity

sravna

I would like to share my thoughts on this through a simple concept and a simple illustration.

In mathematics
1+1=2
1+1+1=3
1+1+1+1=4
1+1+1+1+......= Infinity
and so on it goes to infinity if we keep adding 1 to the result.

In spirituality

Everything is equivalent to everything else
So 1 which represents an entity when added to another entity which is its equivalent and so represented by 1 gives only 1

In other words,

1+1=1
1+1+1=1
1+1+1+1=1
1+1+1+1.....=1

and so on

What we got as infinity in mathematics is in accordance to higher concept 1 only.

What do you think?

Last edited:
This implies the equivalence of spiritual reality and the illusory physical reality.
In accordance with mathematics we assume infinity is supported in reality. But Infinity is an illusion and not real. Oneness is real and it's equivalence is the illusory infinite physical reality.

This implies the illusion of linear movement of time which is in fact still. But can we really dismiss physical reality? No not for the mechanics because we have to go through the mechanics of the physical reality and do feel the impact. But we need to maintain the right spirit about reality. Can't take the mundane more serious than to an extent.

Last edited:
I would like to share my thoughts on this through a simple concept and a simple illustration.

In mathematics
1+1=2
1+1+1=3
1+1+1+1=4
1+1+1+1+......= Infinity
and so on it goes to infinity if we keep adding 1 to the result.

In spirituality

Everything is equivalent to everything else
So 1 which represents an entity when added to another entity which is its equivalent and so represented by 1 gives only 1

In other words,

1+1=1
1+1+1=1
1+1+1+1=1
1+1+1+1.....=1

and so on

What we got as infinity in mathematics is in accordance to higher concept 1 only.

What do you think?
Imam Ali( r.a) had said this about God..

" He is One but not through counting"

We certainly cannot grasp infinity when we are not in the state of oneness. But when we reach oneness we know infinity is illusory.

There is a very nuanced relationship I believe between physical and spiritual reality. Spiritual reality is about oneness whereas physical reality is characterized by infinite varieties.

By using the logic in the opening post we can see that both are one and the same. But we know constant is more real than change. Spiritual reality is about constantness and physical reality is about change. So what's happening in the physical reality are illusions and we begin to see through those illusions as we approach the state of oneness.

The impact of pain and pleasure related to physical reality and the impact of happiness and sadness related to physical events make us give overwhelming importance to physical reality.

What makes us relate to spiritual reality? Subtle positive feelings such as when helping people or when being fair and just etc . In these cases it our acts per se than external events that give us the positive experience. But we are more and more deprived of experiencing such feelings due to the unsupportive external reality.

The only way out is to keep making efforts about elevating oneself and have strong conviction that it is the way to a better quality of life. But in such a mass affliction as in the current times, mass uplifting is what is likely to work.

On personal note after reading all your threads are you by any chance devotee of Vikraman Swamy of Nanganallur because it has come to my mind by seeing your I'd photo and name. And now this oneness reminds me of a song sung by him
That is
God is one one God is one
Rama there Rama here
God is one God is one

Krishna there Krishna here
God is one God is one

Jesus there jesus here
God is one God is one

Allah there Allah here
God is one God is one

(Also only yesterday I watched a video by someone proving 0! = 1) it reminds me of same thought of oneness.

On personal note after reading all your threads are you by any chance devotee of Vikraman Swamy of Nanganallur because it has come to my mind by seeing your I'd photo and name. And now this oneness reminds me of a song sung by him
That is
Rama there Rama here
God is one God is one

Krishna there Krishna here
God is one God is one

Jesus there jesus here
God is one God is one

Allah there Allah here
God is one God is one

(Also only yesterday I watched a video by someone proving 0! = 1) it reminds me of same thought of oneness.
No Sir but nice song.

Latest ads

Back