• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

English to Tamil translation and converter tool to type in Tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear P J Sir,

I tried the software. Very good one. It gives the often used Tamil word even if capital letters are NOT used, as in Gmail translator!

Only when we wish to change to the not-so-often-used-word, we have to click on the word to get options and the exact word. :cool:

A funny experience I had with Gmail transliteration! Last year, I wanted to get the word 'ஸொன்டி' (means a left handed person)

and had to rack my brain to get ஸொ, since I got only ஸோ in whatever combination I tried. Finally, soa gave ஸொஅ and

then had to delete 'அ'.

OMG! Good news! Now, So = ஸொ and SO =
ஸோ in G mail transliteration! Gmail keeps on improving! :thumb:

P.S: To get '
ஸொ' using the software in the OP, type 'So' and go for other options by clicking 'backspace' key!
icon3.png

Dear Naina Sir,

I tried the transliteration site you have given and find it somewhat complicated.

G-mail transliteration is very easy - we get the 'mey ezhuththukkaL' with

k, ng, ch, nj, t, N, th, n, p, m, y, r, l, v, z, L, R, n and the alphabets with,

a, A, i, I, u, U, e, E, ai, o, O, au, and H for ஃ.

When 'n' appears in the beginning of a word, it automatically types as ந. :cool:

Sanskrit letters are also easy to type .... sh = ஷ்; S = ஸ்; h = ஹ்; ksh = க்ஷ்; sri = ஸ்ரீ

Since we can easily type this 'thanglish', my vote is for G-mail transliteration (now that even 'sonti' is typed out easily) !! :first:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back