• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Emotions and Clarity of Thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravna

Most often the state of being emotionless or more correctly being beyond emotions is thought to be an analytical or being not compassionate. Nothing can be farther from the truth. Emotions are the concomitants of one's clarity in thinking. Negative emotions and positive emotions are the results of lesser clarity in thinking than ideal. Generally speaking when you are negative you are biased towards self and when positive biased towards others.

The clarity of thinking when compassion is explicitly exhibited is not ideal. It may cloud the thinking and may be even end up harmful to the one whom we show compassion. Only when our thoughts are not accompanied by emotions do we show perfect clarity in thinking. There is a holistic positive feeling involved but it is not one of showing pity or such superior feelings but true compassionate feeling.

As a yardstick of whether one is under the influence of emotions is that there is a bias in the thoughts either towards self or others. When you grasp the deepest truths one does not feel such biases but considers things as a matter of fact and acts in the most balanced way possible in any given situation.

Here is an evidence that spiritual energy can make a person look younger. I hope I can correct my shortsight and remove the glasses.

.......... As a yardstick of whether one is under the influence of emotions is that there is a bias in the thoughts either towards self or others. When you grasp the deepest truths one does not feel such biases but considers things as a matter of fact and acts in the most balanced way possible in any given situation.
Dear Sravna Sir,

Elders teach us to think, 'nadappadhellAm nanmaikkE' and 'ellAm avan seyal'. These make us :cool:

But, these thoughts should NOT make a person lazy and so ThirukkuraL says, 'muyaRchi thiruvinai Akkum'.

That is, if we try sincerely, we achieve! :thumb:

There are other questions I am trying to answer viz. whether spiritual energy can make one not only younger but also beautiful and whether it can improve one's thinking?

Will find out soon.

As per Smt.RR's request here is the new avatar. But I wonder where all the smile went. But at least less serious I suppose.

Your perfect smile might not happen overnight. If you have a big photo event like a wedding or a graduation coming up,

try out your grin in front of a mirror. You can see how it looks and feels when you hold your shoulders back proudly and

strike a natural, unforced smile. You can also play around with turning your head and finding your best angle.

Source: 5 Tips for a Photogenic Smile

There are other questions I am trying to answer viz. whether spiritual energy can make one not only younger but also beautiful and whether it can improve one's thinking?

Will find out soon.

Dear Sravna,

Today I met a friend whom I last met in 1995 in college and he said "You look the same...never aged..and look as good as ever"(in fact he said much more..but I do not want write it here cos it would seem as if I am praising myself!LOL)

Ok...so you see its not Spiritual Energy...some people age slower than others..it could be genetics cos even both my bros look very young for their age.

I get people asking me what do I eat that I dont show signs of aging...so its nothing to do with spirituality...its just genetics sometimes.

I was watching American Ninja Warrior extreme sports show last week and the oldest contestant was a 52 yr old Caucasian male ..a father of 7 and he looked so young ...like a 30 year old and he cleared the obstacle course that even contestants half his age could not manage.

He said he always looked young and realized he aged much slower than other but he keeps himself physically fit..wakes up early morning to exercise and his body is just totally fit and trim.

So Sravna..if you look younger....it could be genetics.

I still get cat calls and heads turn even though I am 46...people have no idea they are whistling at a 46 yr old!LOL

Spirituality? I dont think so!LOL

As per Smt.RR's request here is the new avatar. But I wonder where all the smile went. But at least less serious I suppose.

You look intense...piercing stare that reaches the deepest crevices of infinite ...distant enough that it starts to freeze the mind of the person who is looking at you.

Cold.... that even Liquid Nitrogen feels warm!LOL

Really Sravna...its that cold a stare.

Dear Sravna,

Today I met a friend whom I last met in 1995 in college and he said "You look the same...never aged..and look as good as ever"(in fact he said much more..but I do not want write it here cos it would seem as if I am praising myself!LOL)

Ok...so you see its not Spiritual Energy...some people age slower than others..it could be genetics cos even both my bros look very young for their age.

I get people asking me what do I eat that I dont show signs of aging...so its nothing to do with spirituality...its just genetics sometimes.

I was watching American Ninja Warrior extreme sports show last week and the oldest contestant was a 52 yr old Caucasian male ..a father of 7 and he looked so young ...like a 30 year old and he cleared the obstacle course that even contestants half his age could not manage.

He said he always looked young and realized he aged much slower than other but he keeps himself physically fit..wakes up early morning to exercise and his body is just totally fit and trim.

So Sravna..if you look younger....it could be genetics.

I still get cat calls and heads turn even though I am 46...people have no idea they are whistling at a 46 yr old!LOL

Spirituality? I dont think so!LOL

Renuka,

Come on, you cannot be 46. You were 46 four years back. I have turned almost 50 and you are still at the same age?

It is not genetics for me Renuka, may be for you. I looked 30 when I was 30 and 40 when I was 40 but at almost 50 I do not think I look 50. It has been since the use of spirituality that this thing has started working.

You look intense...piercing stare that reaches the deepest crevices of infinite ...distant enough that it starts to freeze the mind of the person who is looking at you.

Cold.... that even Liquid Nitrogen feels warm!LOL

Really Sravna...its that cold a stare.

Renuka,

That is the way I look. Cant help it.

Renuka,

Come on, you cannot be 46. You were 46 four years back. I have turned almost 50 and you are still at the same age?

Sravna...I am 1970 born.

4 years back I was 42.

I dont lie my age...I am very honest about my age cos aging and death is inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back