• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dynasty Politics is an absolute MUST and a critical life saver for India and the world

CHANDRU1849

Did Jeyalalitha and Karunanidhi find it difficult to manage the State when they were CMs of TN? Both were not from political background. Both became nervec of power centers.

How far they were successful is a different question?

You want dynastic rule in India, Mr Jaykay767?

Bring back the British Raj.

Camilla Parker Bowles' husband will make a wonderful Emperor who woiuld re-unite Pakistan and Bangladesh with truncated post-Partition India. And perhaps chase out the atheist Chinese from Buddhist Tibet and make that the Dalai Lama's domain once again.

Or, hunt for the remnants of the Mughal regime.

They will destroy the Madurai Meenaakshi-Amman Temple and build another massive black-stone obscenity like the Aurangazeeb Mosque of Kaashi infame.

Or, better still, let Sardar Vallabh-bhai Patel turn in his grave.

Bring back the hundred and one petty kingdoms, princedoms, principalities, that coloured pretty pre-Partition and pre-British India, and flourished during Vedic times as set out in excruciating detail in our Mahaa-sankalppam whch we recite during Aavani Avittam (Veda Upaakarmam to non-Tamils).

All glory to Bhaaratha varsham, Bharatha Kandam.

Do not complain if we end up with a Shah-of-Iran-type, followed by a sucession of Ayatollahs. Or an Idi Amin.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
Countries like USA, Japan, UK, Canada, Germany, China, Singapore, South Korea, France, Australia etc. become economic powerhouses only because they encourage dynasty rule.

Am I correct?
A correction:
A qualified candidate who may be from a dynasty will have the advantage in political life and will do good for the county.
An unqualified moran whether from a dynasty or from the street will be a disaster for the county.

Yes, I agree dynasty is not necessarily wrong in a democracy when electorates are educated.
But when the electorates are still in Hero worshiping mode you tend to get the worst leaders.

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
In India, even Public corporations are managed as dynasties.
In the rest of the world, there are very few Public corporations that are owned and managed like that.
So comparisons are not accurate. India has a different culture. We still hanker for a savior not a leader.
Once elected the leader is treated like God with their own Bhakts.
Unless we have an electorate who are skeptical and hold their elected leader to a higher standard, we will never get the best administrator and leader we deserve.

OP
OP
J

Jaykay767

You want dynastic rule in India, Mr Jaykay767?

Bring back the British Raj.

Camilla Parker Bowles' husband will make a wonderful Emperor who woiuld re-unite Pakistan and Bangladesh with truncated post-Partition India. And perhaps chase out the atheist Chinese from Buddhist Tibet and make that the Dalai Lama's domain once again.

Or, hunt for the remnants of the Mughal regime.

They will destroy the Madurai Meenaakshi-Amman Temple and build another massive black-stone obscenity like the Aurangazeeb Mosque of Kaashi infame.

Or, better still, let Sardar Vallabh-bhai Patel turn in his grave.

Bring back the hundred and one petty kingdoms, princedoms, principalities, that coloured pretty pre-Partition and pre-British India, and flourished during Vedic times as set out in excruciating detail in our Mahaa-sankalppam whch we recite during Aavani Avittam (Veda Upaakarmam to non-Tamils).

All glory to Bhaaratha varsham, Bharatha Kandam.

Do not complain if we end up with a Shah-of-Iran-type, followed by a sucession of Ayatollahs. Or an Idi Amin.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Mr. Iyer,

Namaskarams.

I am more than happy to respond ! However request you not to attack me personally.

At the end, we al have different views and we can agree to disagree and move on.

1. My point is that just because Rahul and Priyanka are dynasts, one should not reject them.

2. Let us evaluate them on their performance. And if they don't perform, lets reject them by all means.

3. And why is this issue coming up now? Because the current govt has been a huge failure on the economic front. And people are looking for alternatives and they voted for congress in the 3 assembly states.

4. If the current govt led by non-dynasts had performed, this topic would not have come up as they would have easily got a second term.

5. Personally I would have preferred india with all the princely kingdoms like we say in our maha sankalpam into a "federation" of states. Eg, look at Europe, they are basically princely kingdoms with modern democracy. Many of the countries in Europe are smaller than Tamil Nadu and some even smaller than keralam.

5. Why ? With the princely kingdom, the culture and heritage would have been preserved, and also fluorished as the Kings were great patrons of it ! And if we had modern democracy with the Kings as "constitutional monarchy" like Britian, I believe we would have prospered and become a modern state.

6. Sir, I am a proud Hindu but I do not hate any other community or religion.

JK.

OP
OP
J

Jaykay767

In India, even Public corporations are managed as dynasties.
In the rest of the world, there are very few Public corporations that are owned and managed like that.
So comparisons are not accurate. India has a different culture. We still hanker for a savior not a leader.
Once elected the leader is treated like God with their own Bhakts.
Unless we have an electorate who are skeptical and hold their elected leader to a higher standard, we will never get the best administrator and leader we deserve.

My point is - how does it matter as long as the performance is great ??

1. Dynasts - Rajiv and Sanjev Bajaj are doing a super job in taking the Bajaj group forward. They have grown the shareholder value by millions. Similarly the Tatas, Birlas, godrejs, TVS group, etc..

2. Current Non dynasts have NOT performed, rather they have been terrible failures. Now what do we do ?? From where do we get another Narasimha Rao and which party will bring him to power ??

3. In the current context, what is the alternative ? Going with the current govt is not possible due to disastrous economic policies. If this govt is given another chance, none of us know what policies will they follow ? Another demonetisation or change in tax policy like GST or RERA or what ? And what further issues will come from that?? We don't want to hear about development again. LOL. Pl tell us the policies...lol

4. In the alternative, we have Rahul and Priyanka. Now they are well educated, articulate, and speak really well. They are liberal, and inclusive, and collaborate very well with all parties and communities. And most importantly, they listen and take the opinions of the seniors and their equals like jyotiradiya, and Sachin pilot.

5. Now they don't have govt leadership experience, and that's a risk we are willing to take. After having burnt our fingers with the development plant, some of us want to go back to dynasts in the hope they may deliver.

To clarify to those, who think people are getting carried away by propaganda, not at all. This will be the first election, that will truly be fought on "economic performance" !!

JK.

OP
OP
J

Jaykay767

A correction:
A qualified candidate who may be from a dynasty will have the advantage in political life and will do good for the county.
An unqualified moran whether from a dynasty or from the street will be a disaster for the county.

Yes, I agree dynasty is not necessarily wrong in a democracy when electorates are educated.
But when the electorates are still in Hero worshiping mode you tend to get the worst leaders.

To add, even for "qualified candidates", ultimately "only performance counts" !!

Dear Sri Jaykay767

(Let's drop the colonial "Mr" and use our native "Sri" - especially since you say "I am a proud Hindu")

No, I did not attack you personally. Addressing you as the author of the e-mail I was responding to need not and should not be interpreted as "an attack". Else, the moderators and "staff members" might as well close down this and all other threads.

Back to dynastic rule. Especially the Heavenly anointed despots and mass murderers.

Have you read "The Shia Revival" by Vali Nasr or other non-Sunni Islamic literature, or even "Baha'u'llah and the New Era" by J E Esselmont or other non-mainstream Islamic historic texts?

What are the warriors of the Islamic State of Iran and the Levant (ISIS) fighting desperately for against overwhelming odds?

Establishment of an all-Islamic Caliphate to rule the ummah (world population of Muslims) such as existed soon after the Prophet passed away in 623 EC. Abu Bakr (the dead Prophet's father-in-law), Umar, Uthman and Ali were successively the first post-Prophet Caliphs. These four were deemed to be the Rashidun i.e. Rightly-Guided.

Ali ibn Abi Talib, one of the first converts to Islam while in his teens, was the cousin and son-in-law of the Prophet, and he was the Prophet's choice for leading the Muslims after him, as the Prophet had publicly declared, "My community will never agree in error." Accordingly the "Shia" group put him up for selection by the Council of Elders, but in the interests of consensus agreed to accept Abu Bakr as the first post-Prophet Caliph.

As it turned out, Umar was killed by an Iranian prisoner-of-war, Uthman was murdered by mutinous Muslim soldiers "his blood spilling onto the Quran he was reading". "The young Muslim community was in shock at the spectacle of Muslims murdering the successor to the Prophet," exclaims the author.

The Caliphate of Ali was plagued by the murder of Uthman his immediate predecessor. Moreover, he faced powerful mutineers such as Abu Bakr's daughter and the Prophet's wife Ayesha whom the Prophet had married when he was 55 and she was eight years old, having acquired her two years previously when she was just six years old.

The Shias maintained that the succession to the Prophet should rightfully come only from the marriage betweren Ali and Fatima, the Prophet's daughter. They rejected as illegitimate the possession of the caliphate after Ali's death by the Ummayad and later the Abbasid dynasties of Damascus..

The matter came to an explosive head at the siege and battle of Karbala in 680 CE, when soldiers of of the second Umayyad caliph, Yazid I, massacred Ali's son Husayn along with 72 of his companions and family members. The corpses were beheaded, stuck on sharpened poles, and paraded noisily through the streets of Kufa where the victors had they capital city.

Just goes to show that "dynastic succession" might not all be moonlight and roses.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

OP
OP
J

Jaykay767

FYI - what a fantastic face off between these "well educated, well qualified, and competent" dynasts - Poonam Mahajan vs Milind Deora.

High time we move from unpad gawars, criminals, thugs, goondas non-dynasts to these highly educated dynasts !!!

Thanks Sri Jaykay767 for the video.

Starting off as a neutral observer, it soon became obvious to me that not only was the "Press Baron" moderator prejudiced against Poonam and siding with Milind, but that Milind turned what should have been an intelligent, intellectual and informed debate between two educated and mature adults into a session of mere childish political mud-slinging. Overall it was a disgusting amateur drama.

One did not expect the lofty and supreme levels of Oxford and Cambridge, or even London and Edinburgh, but this sorry almost hour-long exchange of drivel dashed all hopes for a rising generation of thinkers and possible doers in India. Mired in the past, the debaters could not and did not try to shake off the cloying malaise of their predecessors formerly and currently in power.

What interested me nevertheless was earlier posts in another thread regarding Priyanka Feroze Khan-Vadra as prospective future Prime Minister of India, banking largely on her physical resemblance to her hawkish grandmother Priyadarshani Feroze Khan of Operation Blue Star fame. It was posted there that Priyanka is a Buddhist and that she even visited the Kumbha Mela, a renowned Hindu sacred-river festival at Thriveni Sangam, in ancient Prayaga (Allahabad to Muslims) where the three sacred rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Sarasvathi meet, merge, and flow flamboyantly on..

Wonder how devout a Buddhist Priyanka really is. Or is it a candle-light camouflage of convenience?

What does she know of the principles by which Buddha lived, taught his monks, and preached to others? Or even his very thoughts?

"During the Buddha's time, there were many views of the nature of life, ranging from the spiritualistic soul theories embedded in elaborate classic belief-systems, to a strikingly modern, materialistic nihilism. The Buddha rejected all absolute soul theories, postulations of a rigidly fixed identity or static personal essence,, with his cardinal doctrine of selflessness, or soullessness (an-aatman).

"He taught that the psychological habit of assuming a fixed subjectivity, an unchanging identity was a key obstacle to a good life. But the Buddha never rejected the rlative presence of a living self. He explicitly rejected the contemporary nihilism that reduced even the relative, conventional, lived soul, self, or identity to a random epiphenomenon of matter.

"He insisted on the relative self's reality, vulnerability, responsibility, and evolutionary potential. In fact his teaching of the universal relativity of the self opened up a widely popular vision of a vast inter-connectedness of the individual with the boundless forms of life.

"The vision of inevitable inter-connectedness inspired the popular determination in Buddhist societies for persons consciously to evolve towards realising their highest potential and transforming the whole world into a positive environment."

Thus declares "The Tibetan Book of the Dead" (or Liberation Throuigh Understanding in the Between") composed by Padma Sambava, delivered by Karma Lingpa, and translated by Robert A F Thurm,an, HarperCollins Publishers.

How much of the above (there is much. much more) has Priyanka PM-to-be and new unsheathed-sword-brandishing White-Horse Knight of India absorbed?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

tbs

hi

dynasty rule is looklike our KULAKALVI SYSTEM/GURUKULA SYSTEM....vaadhyar son become vaadhyar very

easy....looklike political dynasty system too...in some some cases..its very good...in some cases ..it is very

bad....so results are case basis.....

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks