• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dynasty Politics is an absolute MUST and a critical life saver for India and the world

Jaykay767

There is a lot of discussion in the subject of dynasty politics and how it is supposed to be bad etc.. Let me explain why it is an absolute must and a life saver for us,

1. In the current political environment in india and most of the world, only thugs and mafiaso are running for political office with brute force, money and with zero ethics.

2. In this context, there is no opportunity for a well educated qualified person to ever ascend the power and take the country to prosperity.

3. In the dynasty politics, the children are better educated and groomed than the fathers and mothers who entered politics in extreme conditions.

4. For eg, today it is great to see the next generation political leaders - Supriya Sule, Jyotiradia Scindia, Sachin Pilot, Rahul, Priyanka, K T Rama Rao, Madhu Bangarappa, B Y Raghavendra, Jaivardhan Singh, etc.. Similarly Ivanka Trump, Chelsea Clinton, etc.. from across the world. All of them are sons and daughters of prominent politicians, well educated and extremely articulate.

5. Now tell me, would these fantastic youngsters have joined politics if they were form non political families. Nope. There is a huge aversion to politics instilled in the masses and hence the well educated and qualified are just not interested to join political office.

6. Most importantly the dynasts are the best rulers. Why ? Look at Middle East. every country that is ruled by monarchy are the most prosperous. There are no poor repeat absolutely no poor people in - Saudi Aabia, Oman, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar. All are unbelievably wealthy and all the people are super rich. In the same vein, Japan, Europe, Australia, Canada and much of USA are ruled by Kings and descendants of erstwhile Aristocrats.

7. The princes / super rich have the vision and gradiose to build a Burj Khalifa, Al Arabia, Palm island, transforming a desert into a paradise like what happened in Middle East. Otherwise you will be wasting time investigating and crying about some silly politician looting some 60 * 40 site ... LOL

Hence the best thing that can take this country and the world to prosperity is these highly educated and qualified dynasts similar to the ancient kings and their princes/princesses. And life in politics is tough, the pressures, travel and the grind is crazy and hence no one should feel this is some time pass job,

CHANDRU1849

Countries like USA, Japan, UK, Canada, Germany, China, Singapore, South Korea, France, Australia etc. become economic powerhouses only because they encourage dynasty rule.

Am I correct?

Jaykay767

Countries like USA, Japan, UK, Canada, Germany, China, Singapore, South Korea, France, Australia etc. become economic powerhouses only because they encourage dynasty rule.

Am I correct?
Yes. Most of the families come from famous colonial aristocrats. People who run for office have other members of families already in politics.

In the USA, we have the dynasties like kennedys, bushes, clintons, etc.. John F Kenndy, John F K junior, George H W Bush, Geroge Bush, Jeb Bush, Bil Clinton, Hillary and now Chelsea. Not to forget our super famous trump/s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_family

Kennedy family from wiki - The descendants of P.J.'s son, Joseph P. Kennedy Sr., and Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy include a president of the United States (who had also served in both houses of Congress), a U.S. attorney general (who later served in the U.S. Senate), four other members of the United States House of Representatives or Senate, and two U.S. ambassadors, a lieutenant governor, three state legislators (one of whom went on to the U.S. House of Representatives), and one mayor.

Is anyone complaining about dynasty in USA ??

Jaykay767

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_families_in_the_United_Kingdom

During its history, the United Kingdom (and previously the Kingdom of England, Kingdom of Scotland and Kingdom of Ireland) has seen many families who have repeatedly produced notable politicians, and consequently such families have had a significant impact on politics in the British Isles.

Certain families, such as the Cecils, owe their long-standing political influence to the composition and role of the House of Lords, which was still mainly composed of hereditary legislators until the passing of the House of Lords Act 1999. Other families, such as the Longs, have had a long tradition of standing for elected office, usually in the House of Commons. Many such families were part of the landed gentry, who often exerted political control in a certain locality over many generations.

Jaykay767

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_political_families

During its history, a number of Canadian families have produced multiple politicians. As there are no term limits in Canada for any legislative or executive office, these families have often held uninterrupted political power.

Families Edit

Bédard
Marc-André Bédard, Vice-Premier of Quebec and Quebec Minister of Justice
Stéphane Bédard, Leader of the opposition in the National Assembly of Quebec and interim leader of the Parti Québécois
Éric Bédard, adjunct-director for the cabinet of Quebec Premier Jacques Parizeau and counsellor for the Parti Québécois led by Pauline Marois (not to be confused with Éric Bédard (historian))
Bennett
(3rd cousins once removed, son)

R.B. Bennett eleventh Prime Minister of Canada
W.A.C. Bennett (Premier of British Columbia, 1952–1972)
William R. Bennett (Premier of British Columbia, 1975–1986)
Brad Bennett, Chair of BC Hydro 2015–present
Braden family

Jaykay767

In short, we were always ruled by dynasts. In the past it was Kings and the aristocrats.

And today it is political families who have dominated the global politics across the countries except those aligned to communism.

Dynastic rule means that birth and not merit would decide our rulers. Dynastic rules all over the world have shown that some are simply outstanding, some despots and many are mediocre. One reason that America flourished is due to the fact that there are shelf life for the Presidents and the system gives a fair chance to all the candidates. Also in dynastic rule, natural checks and balances would be lost.

indianassault

Guys like Putin, Trump, Xi ,Modi or even Imran Khan do not belong to any political dynasty. Thats why the liberals are running out of burnol or kool and freaking out.

I dont know about others but please dont tell me that our ruling congress dynasty is well educated. Nehru flunked college, and the family legacy is upheld by Pappu who also flunked and doesnt have a degree.

There is a lot of discussion in the subject of dynasty politics and how it is supposed to be bad etc.. Let me explain why it is an absolute must and a life saver for us,

1. In the current political environment in india and most of the world, only thugs and mafiaso are running for political office with brute force, money and with zero ethics.

2. In this context, there is no opportunity for a well educated qualified person to ever ascend the power and take the country to prosperity.

3. In the dynasty politics, the children are better educated and groomed than the fathers and mothers who entered politics in extreme conditions.

4. For eg, today it is great to see the next generation political leaders - Supriya Sule, Jyotiradia Scindia, Sachin Pilot, Rahul, Priyanka, K T Rama Rao, Madhu Bangarappa, B Y Raghavendra, Jaivardhan Singh, etc.. Similarly Ivanka Trump, Chelsea Clinton, etc.. from across the world. All of them are sons and daughters of prominent politicians, well educated and extremely articulate.

5. Now tell me, would these fantastic youngsters have joined politics if they were form non political families. Nope. There is a huge aversion to politics instilled in the masses and hence the well educated and qualified are just not interested to join political office.

6. Most importantly the dynasts are the best rulers. Why ? Look at Middle East. every country that is ruled by monarchy are the most prosperous. There are no poor repeat absolutely no poor people in - Saudi Aabia, Oman, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar. All are unbelievably wealthy and all the people are super rich. In the same vein, Japan, Europe, Australia, Canada and much of USA are ruled by Kings and descendants of erstwhile Aristocrats.

7. The princes / super rich have the vision and gradiose to build a Burj Khalifa, Al Arabia, Palm island, transforming a desert into a paradise like what happened in Middle East. Otherwise you will be wasting time investigating and crying about some silly politician looting some 60 * 40 site ... LOL

Hence the best thing that can take this country and the world to prosperity is these highly educated and qualified dynasts similar to the ancient kings and their princes/princesses. And life in politics is tough, the pressures, travel and the grind is crazy and hence no one should feel this is some time pass job,
The dynasty rule has killed Indian values by ruling over 60 years with corruption and black money and encouraged anti nationals activities for coming to power always. Why are you supporting such corrupt anti nationals ?

Jaykay767

may i know why mr.jaykay left our Stalin??
Sure why not. Lol.
Please read my post carefully, I have listed "only the next generation youngsters" who I consider are well educated and highly articulate. And I consider them fantastic individuals.

Jaykay767

Guys like Putin, Trump, Xi ,Modi or even Imran Khan do not belong to any political dynasty. Thats why the liberals are running out of burnol or kool and freaking out.

I dont know about others but please dont tell me that our ruling congress dynasty is well educated. Nehru flunked college, and the family legacy is upheld by Pappu who also flunked and doesnt have a degree.
Rahul and Priyanka are way better than the criminals and thugs that have come to dominate our political landscape. So the more the dynasts come into power, it is better.

In our system, it is always a search for lesser of the 2 evils !!

naithru

thanks Mr. Jaykay,
I read your post. what you require is not education but charisma and the followers in dynastic politics,
In foreign Countries it may be true, that youngsters are well studied, but in India , I am afraid, that the
off springs have an arrogance and they feel others should and must obey their beck and call.
I am yet to see an uprising political son who is liked by all.

smg

There is a paper which looks at the dynastic politics and its economic impacts in India in a mathematical perspective

“Like Father, Like Son? How Political Dynasties Affect Economic Development”

Maybe you should read it. They say and I quote, “dynasts may behave more like “stationary bandits”, “People won’t be able to elect a talented leader”, these are just a few excerpts. Their conclusion is not something that agrees with what you are claiming.

Another example is Philippines, in a paper written by Ronald U. Mendoza et. al., concluded that political dynasties are responsible for poverty in Philippines.

Politics in USA is complicated. Corruption is not evident at lower levels. But things become interesting as you go up the ladder. Clinton was defeated because most people who would have voted for Bernie Sanders didn’t vote for her.

You mentioned Kennedy family, JFK served in US navy, if Im not wrong. I think one of his brothers was KIA during WW2. Queen Elizabeth has three sons. All three have served in the military. Not as honorary Lt Col like Dhoni, but as foot soldiers. One of them has fought Falkland war (heard of it?). Can you name a few heirs to the Indian political dynasties who have served in the military? How many of them are artists? What has Priyanka Gandhi achieved so far?

I know that Supriya Sule (maybe a possible heir to NCP?) has achieved something impossible. Documents show that she has made 60Cr Rs out of 9 acre land. Now that’s an accomplishment :D :D :D ! Poor Israelis should learn from her!!

And btw you mentioned BS Raghavendra, he won from my district – twice! The two things that he did which I remember are - he constructed a lot of bus stops with his picture on it (I think it was Belur Gopalkrishna who called him bus stand Raghu! Because the only thing he does is that he constructs a lot of bus stops, whether there are sufficient number of busses is another question) and he celebrates his birthday in Shivamogga city, because of which the roads are all blocked. I once went 15-30 min late to my exam, don’t remember exactly. That’s the only time I had gone late to an exam. So, I don’t like him. :p

Jaykay767

No one is running out of burnool ..or freaking out ...lol.

This govt was given 5 yrs and they failed to deliver on Acche din. Dynasts were not even in the race for the last 5 yrs till the shock victory in the assembly elections.

indianassault

No one is running out of burnool ..or freaking out ...lol.

This govt was given 5 yrs and they failed to deliver on Acche din. Dynasts were not even in the race for the last 5 yrs till the shock victory in the assembly elections.
There is something called anti incumbency. Wonder why dmk or admk almost never held power in successful elections?

If you take the last 72 years the best of them were only a couple of years led by Narasimha Rao, Vajpayee and now. You ruled for 60 years and dismiss Achhe din never arrived in 4 years. A bad Modi government is better than a Good congress government any day.

Jaykay767

There is something called anti incumbency. Wonder why dmk or admk almost never held power in successful elections?

If you take the last 72 years the best of them were only a couple of years led by Narasimha Rao, Vajpayee and now. You ruled for 60 years and dismiss Achhe din never arrived in 4 years. A bad Modi government is better than a Good congress government any day.
Of course anti incumbency is always a factor. But what about the disastrous policies like demonetisation and GST ? Why hasn't the govt ack the mistakes and worked to mitigate the issues with the farmers ??

If you consider them good policies, we have nothing to discuss.

Jaykay767

The dynasty rule has killed Indian values by ruling over 60 years with corruption and black money and encouraged anti nationals activities for coming to power always. Why are you supporting such corrupt anti nationals ?
Hi Santharam,

You are right on the corruption front. Not sure what you mean by anti national.
It was due to massive corruption under upa 2 that we all went with the Modi govt.

But this govt has been a massive failure, so what choice do people have ?? The livelyhood of the Farmers and most salaried people in the informal sector (construction, etc..) have been destroyed. The economy is in a mess due ro massive debt contagion. Even formal sector has taken a huge hit and many are out of jobs.

This govt is refusing to listen to any of the economists and do a course correction.

So what choice do people have ? Other than to go back to congress and mahatatbhandan.

This is not an ideological debate, this has become survival for the people.

JK

Jaykay767

Only if we survive as an economy and not go down like Venezuela like RBI deputy governor said, can we then talk about restoring Indian values.

What values can one profess if al the people riot like in Venezuela ??

indianassault

Only if we survive as an economy and not go down like Venezuela like RBI deputy governor said, can we then talk about restoring Indian values.

What values can one profess if al the people riot like in Venezuela ??
Comparison to Venezuela is close to absurd. Look at the economic indicator and outlook for growth.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media