• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

During menstruation, why are women not allowed to touch anything related to God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some mAmAs are yet to be educated about clean and unclean habits! :tsk:

It is nauseating even to think of what the hooligans have told a super senior! :faint2:

I was told by some hooligans that sex during mensuration period is good for health. I dont know how far it is true. Could anybody throw some light on this matter.

Dear Sir,

Let me handle this question.

Your friend who told you this fact is not entirely wrong from his point of view..(hold on ..hold on...no one needs to have a gag reflex).

You see the individual concerned was merely stating his opinion.

Firstly...during menses a female is in her Follicular phase..hence there is almost hardly any chance for her to get pregnant.

So both partners (male and female) would not have the anxiety of an unwanted pregnancy in their mind and can indulge in their action with gay abandon...since no anxiety...less mental stress indirectly good for the person's mental health.
So this is what your friend believes.

Now coming to actual facts...well medically...its not really recommended becos:

1)Most people would think one will not get pregnant and men might not want to use a condom while having sex with a partner who is not their spouse...thinking "Chalega Yaar...she wont get pregnant".

But without a condom...there is no protection from Sexually Transmitted Diseases/HIV/Hep B &C.

So sex during menses sans condom poses a high risk!

2)Also sex during menses might cause a back flow of blood and could cause a condition known as endometriosis.

From the traditional energy flow point of view...during menses the energy of a female flow downwards...so sex is not advisable ...cos sex is an upward flow of energy..the flow of energies should not clash.

That is why even during menses inverted Yoga poses are not recommended or sometimes Yoga itself is not recommended during menses..but only Iyengar Yoga does not forbid Yoga during menses and some semi inverted poses are allowed.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

Let me handle this question.

Your friend who told you this fact is not entirely wrong from his point of view..(hold on ..hold on...no one needs to have a gag reflex).

You see the individual concerned was merely stating his opinion.

Firstly...during menses a female is in her Follicular phase..hence there is almost hardly any chance for her to get pregnant.

So both partners (male and female) would not have the anxiety of an unwanted pregnancy in their mind and can indulge in their action with gay abandon...since no anxiety...less mental stress indirectly good for the person's mental health.
So this is what your friend believes.

Now coming to actual facts...well medically...its not really recommended becos:

1)Most people would think one will not get pregnant and men might not want to use a condom while having sex with a partner who is not their spouse...thinking "Chalega Yaar...she wont get pregnant".

But without a condom...there is no protection from Sexually Transmitted Diseases/HIV/Hep B &C.

So sex during menses sans condom poses a high risk!

2)Also sex during menses might cause a back flow of blood and could cause a condition known as endometriosis.

From the traditional energy flow point of view...during menses the energy of a female flow downwards...so sex is not advisable ...cos sex is an upward flow of energy..the flow of energies should not clash.

That is why even during menses inverted Yoga poses are not recommended or sometimes Yoga itself is not recommended during menses..but only Iyengar Yoga does not forbid Yoga during menses and some semi inverted poses are allowed.
hi renu,

i think ....youi can ONLY handle this topic....lol

hi renu,

i think ....youi can ONLY handle this topic....lol

I have noticed that most males are very interested in this topic. May be becos they are heterosexual.

I dont think gay men would be over interested in such topics!LOL

No gay members here to share their views.

Dear Eswaran,

I am not a TB but I have noted that most Hindus from any community still adhere to superstitions of various shades.

Especially among South Indians...superstitions are widely adhered too.

Comparatively I have noted that Sikhs are less superstitious and they are doing pretty fine.

Frankly speaking there is no actual need to to approach any mutt for anything..I feel a rational and logical mind can give us answers.

The problem is most of us Hindus do not have the confidence to act out of free will...fear grips the mind and we become paralyzed with superstition.
madam,
the old timers will never think beyond their nose on matters passed down through the ages. so the only way is to get it done through some religious head.

Agreed...times have changed.

In the past patients with leprosy were isolated and place in a leper colony to rot.

Nowadays with advancement of treatment...leprosy patients are not isolated anymore and are among the general population moving about as normal.

Time "whispers" to us the winds of change...its our mindset that needs to be "stay free" from shackles of superstition.
Dear Renu,

Please prepare something during your 'periods' and ask your mom to do neyvEdhyam to swami and let us know the result! ;)

Some mAmAs are yet to be educated about clean and unclean habits! :tsk:

It is nauseating even to think of what the hooligans have told a super senior! :faint2:
What sin I have committed in putting this question in the forum. Please refer to Dr. Renuka's nice reply.

Ramakrishna is an anti-vedic bengali which is known fact from his history. I cannot take any words from him seriously.
The things or the knowledge mentioned in the Vedas and its supporting scriptures are called metaphysics for a reason and they are proved right from time and time again....Only thing is you need to wait for such a moment to come.

Dear Renu,

Please prepare something during your 'periods' and ask your mom to do neyvEdhyam to swami and let us know the result! ;)
Can you ask for the same test on women from your family ? and......BhagavAn is not a toy for you to do experiments. If it backfires, it will be big time and it might affect generations....19k post heh?

Dear Renu,

LOL!

Its a rather personal question letting every male in forum know about my menstrual status..so far I have been rather technical and medical in this thread to make sure its comfortable for everyone reading it but I would answer it anyway since I know you mean well and would like my mother's opinion.

I called my mum and asked her opinion.

She told me that when she was younger and newly married she was exposed to my father's family strict rules of preparation of Naivedhyam for God but over the years she realized that standards of hygiene have changed and true purity is in the mind.

She said she would serve Naivedhyam prepared by me under any condition as long my mind is pure.

But I know if I were to ask this to any female member of my dad's family they would get angry with me...as you know my mum is the Brahmin...my dad is not.

So to a great extent I feel Brahmins are more open to change.

LOL!

Its a rather personal question letting every male in forum know about my menstrual status..so far I have been rather technical and medical in this thread to make sure its comfortable for everyone reading it but I would answer it anyway since I know you mean well and would like my mother's opinion.

I called my mum and asked her opinion.

She told me that when she was younger and newly married she was exposed to my father's family strict rules of preparation of Naivedhyam for God but over the years she realized that standards of hygiene have changed and true purity is in the mind.

She said she would serve Naivedhyam prepared by me under any condition as long my mind is pure.

But I know if I were to ask this to any female member of my dad's family they would get angry with me...as you know my mum is the Brahmin...my dad is not.

dont u think, you are diluting the ideals bypassing the years of wisdom from sages? its not funny at all! there is a reason, women are prevented from reciting Vedam and Gayatri

1. Its a rather personal question letting every male in forum know about my menstrual status.. ........

2. I called my mum and asked her opinion.

3. But I know if I were to ask this to any female member of my dad's family they would get angry with me...as you know my mum is the Brahmin...my dad is not.

4. So to a great extent I feel Brahmins are more open to change.
Dear Renu,

1. Come on! Almost all our forum members know your age and hence no need to worry! ;)

2. Thanks for getting her opinion for my sake. She has real forward thinking. :thumb:

BTW, my d i l follows some rules like not lighting the swami lamp on 'those' days, leave alone preparing neyvEdhyam!

All the in-laws in my family don't allow females with periods into the kitchen and hence some of the girls spend their
time with me, to get more freedom! :couch2:

3. I have a few students who have shared this info. with me.
4. Yeah! We can only talk for hours together about purity of mind!! :kev:

Over generalization. It might be true that educated people are usually open to change than uneducated ones. But that all is relative, TB in general do not change.
You can take a survey right in this site.

Dear Prasad Sir,

Education has nothing to do with maintaining madi and AchAram!

In my extended family, a newly wedded girl, who worked in an office for a few years, observes 'untouchable' status

for five days in each month; her hubby suffers a lot, messing around in the kitchen and going to office! :(

Dear Prasad Sir,

Education has nothing to do with maintaining madi and AchAram!

In my extended family, a newly wedded girl, who worked in an office for a few years, observes 'untouchable' status

for five days in each month; her hubby suffers a lot, messing around in the kitchen and going to office! :(

My observation was a general one, there is always exceptions.
I did say:
But that all is relative, TB in general do not change.

She might be talking advantage for all you know. LOL

We sisters were given the liberty to enter the kitchen on all days because our dad was a doctor.

But we should have a bath early in the morning! :)

Dear RR ji,

My answers in black.

Dear Renu,

1. Come on! Almost all our forum members know your age and hence no need to worry! ;)

Yes...they know my age but personal bodily functions being spelled out is a different matter all together.
I am kind of "Orthodox" in some matters!LOL

2. Thanks for getting her opinion for my sake. She has real forward thinking. :thumb:

I would not say forward thinking..cos by saying forward we are indirectly implying another person who does not confirm to similar thinking is backward thinking.

All I can say she is not as much as superstitious.

BTW, my d i l follows some rules like not lighting the swami lamp on 'those' days, leave alone preparing neyvEdhyam!

Good ..both of you think alike.Your son would not have any problems!LOL

All the in-laws in my family don't allow females with periods into the kitchen and hence some of the girls spend their
time with me, to get more freedom!

Free resort? You should charge them lodging fees!LOL

:couch2:

3. I have a few students who have shared this info. with me.

Young minds..let them become older!LOL
4. Yeah! We can only talk for hours together about purity of mind!!

Well its not possible to be pure minded 24/7...I might want to fantasize sometimes!LOL

:kev:

Over generalization. It might be true that educated people are usually open to change than uneducated ones. But that all is relative, TB in general do not change.
You can take a survey right in this site.

I dont know any TBs here where I stay...my observation was with my mums relatives and friends who are North Indian Brahmins.
They do not seem as orthodox and quite open to change.

But South Indian Non Brahmin Tamilians out here are very traditional and would never want to break rules associated with ritual purity for prayers.

It would be a total taboo subject for my father's relatives to break any rule...but my dad is now practical and not superstitious! Thank God!

Last edited:
Even those who break the rules and proudly announce their breaking the rules fear for the unknown and do prayers/ homam/yagam secretly

hi,
still we are talking about purity in women only.sadly we guys are being given all the freedom to do whatever we want and impose conditions on the other half. even the ladies here are shying away from kicking the butt of imposing impostors.this forum should become a catalyst in transforming the obsolete and obscene rituals in the guise of Madi-Aacharam/theetu/pathu etc.,
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back