• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dowry death? Councillor kills baby, hangs herself

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Times_Of_India Dwaipayan Ghosh, TNN

She won the municipal elections but was far from empowered. Satyam Yadav, a 26-year-old Congress councillor from Nangloi in west Delhi, strangled her one-and-a-half-year-old daughter before killing herself on Thursday because her husband's family allegedly wanted Rs 10 lakh and a Honda City car.

Satyam, a post-graduate in English, was found hanging from the ceiling fan of her bedroom on the morning of her birthday. Her daughter, Vanshika, lay unconscious and later died in hospital. Satyam had been elected to the North Delhi Municipal Corporation from Nangloi East.

Police have registered a case of dowry death (304b IPC) against her in-laws. Cases of murder (of the child), subjecting a woman to cruelty (498a) and breach of trust (406) have also been filed. Satyam's father-in-law is a small-time Congress leader.

Satyam Yadav's brother, Prashant Singh, who is employed in an NDMC school in Chanakyapuri, has, however, refused to accept that her sister committed suicide. "My sister was facing harassment at the residence of her in-laws who were demanding a Honda City car and Rs 10 lakh cash. When we told them we cannot pay up, they murdered her and my niece,'' he claimed.

If it is true hope in guilty get the maximum penalty possible.

I feel it could be murder..I am sure no educated woman at this age would do this.
Something not right here.

I wonder why she was still staying with her husband..she could have walked off anytime if she wanted.

Post mortem report will show if she died of hanging or some other reason.

Hopefull the doctor who is doing the post mortem won't be bribed to give a false report.

Oh Dearest God this is the saddest thing I have read in a great while. I am having a hard time digesting this. This is very hard to fathom coming from the states. May god bless the child and allow it to exist close to Amaa Parvati for the rest of eternity. How utterly heartbreaking. :(

She won the municipal elections but was far from empowered. Satyam Yadav, a 26-year-old Congress councillor from Nangloi in west Delhi, strangled her one-and-a-half-year-old daughter before killing herself on Thursday because her husband's family allegedly wanted Rs 10 lakh and a Honda City car.

Satyam, a post-graduate in English, was found hanging from the ceiling fan of her bedroom on the morning of her birthday. Her daughter, Vanshika, lay unconscious and later died in hospital. Satyam had been elected to the North Delhi Municipal Corporation from Nangloi East.

Police have registered a case of dowry death (304b IPC) against her in-laws. Cases of murder (of the child), subjecting a woman to cruelty (498a) and breach of trust (406) have also been filed. Satyam's father-in-law is a small-time Congress leader.

Satyam Yadav's brother, Prashant Singh, who is employed in an NDMC school in Chanakyapuri, has, however, refused to accept that her sister committed suicide. "My sister was facing harassment at the residence of her in-laws who were demanding a Honda City car and Rs 10 lakh cash. When we told them we cannot pay up, they murdered her and my niece,'' he claimed.

I feel ashamed that a person who could marry a Municipal Councillor, could be so fallen as to demand such dowry. My heart goes out to that child and her mother - both unfortunate people. Sad...

My heart goes out to that child and her mother - both unfortunate people. Sad...
Very Correctly Said Sangom Sir. When ever we look ata child whomsoevers it may be, whichever caste or religion our instant reaction would be involuntary smile spearding across our face. To make such reaction it can be only gods creation and nothing else. Children are gods on the earth and my heart bleeds whenever i come across such news, or any ill treatment to the children.
How can a person be it the mother herself strangle a sweet flower to death. I cannot forgive anything or anybody who does bodily harm to any child. Such precious gift from god lost for ever!! really very sad.

Very Correctly Said Sangom Sir. When ever we look ata child whomsoevers it may be, whichever caste or religion our instant reaction would be involuntary smile spearding across our face. To make such reaction it can be only gods creation and nothing else. Children are gods on the earth and my heart bleeds whenever i come across such news, or any ill treatment to the children.
How can a person be it the mother herself strangle a sweet flower to death. I cannot forgive anything or anybody who does bodily harm to any child. Such precious gift from god lost for ever!! really very sad.

Dear Sir,

We have no idea if it is murder or suicide here.

A extremely depressed state of mind can wreck havoc on a person's judgement.

So I would not want to blame the mother here.

We have no idea how much she would have suffered even if she did strangle the child.

She must have loved her child so much that she did not want to leave her behind.(I am not condoning killing a child here)..but depressed people see things through different lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back