• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

doubts regarding pithru dharpanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shivagami

My father in law died after my marriage.so we do worship at that particular thithi.but my mother in law died before my marriage. My father in law was noted that star but not thithi.for 25 years my husband family worshipped star day.but not thithi.then I started to worship her on mahalaya amavasya day?is this correct?I worship my Fil on one month, and mil on puratasi amavasya individually.what should offer for that sumangali.I used to offer malligai poo,red saree,blouse, put manjal kumkum on her photo. Other than this how to make her happy by offering what?please tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Shivagami,

If you know the date and year of demise of your m i l, it is easy to find out the thithi.

You can get it from the site
mypanchang.com

If you find it difficult, I can help you if you give the date and year.

Regarding worship, you can do it in the way you like.

You may donate the saree with blouse and thAmboolam to a poor sumangali.

Mahalaya paksham is specially noted for Karunya Pithrus. Your Fil and MIL are come under thecategory Karunya pithrus.So in Mahalaya paksha you can worship them on any day. the following days are some important days like Maha Bharani, Madyastami Vyadee patham these are noted in Panchangam itself.If it is not possible you can do it on ny day.I an not sure that you are doing Mahalaya tharpanam because I am not knowing about your father and mother are whether alive or not. If you do mahalaya tharpanam you should add one etra bhugnam for karunya pithrus in that you can do avahanam for your Fil aND mIL IF TNOW THERE NAME AND GOTHRA along with other karunya pithurs and do tharpanam if possibe onthat day you can offer food to brahmins or poors or do Dhadyonnam in themple and distribut to others as per your convenience.

It is generaly taken Krishna paksham astami thithi in Purattasi mont is taken as thithi or those whom thithi is not known, It is general custom. If you know the month then on that month Krshna paksha asstami is taken as thithi and do srasrdham.

generaly in thai month friday you can do pooja for sumangali and give it to poor or elder sumangali as per yhur convenice This will satisfy them

Rajappa Namakkal

My hearty thanks for your guidance rajappa sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back