• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Doniger's book denigrating Hinduism is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of psec and anti Hindu groups to finance such activities. Freedom to lie and abuse is practiced selectively by the so called liberals.

The only response is to fund and publish authentic research to refute the book and present in reputable journals. The professor here may make money selling in India denigrating Hinduism but will lose credibility when scholarly research is used to debase her work. That needs money and determination. Feeling sad and feeling like victim cannot work

Note that it is The Hindu out with this news first!

This is the more significant "news" ... In one of the threads I posted about a set of relationships in the management of the paper.

It is high time people stop subscribing to this paper since they seem to have lost their journalistic integrity

I dont get it! Why do we complain if someone else denigrates Hinduism when most Hindus denigrate their own religion most of the time.

Hindus preach Aham Brahmaasmi..Tat Tvam Asi yet have man made rules that prohibit Dalits from entering a place of worship.

I also happen to read a famed orthodox website that said "if a Chandala enters the house of a Brahmana..the Brahmana needs throw away all cooked food..wash all utensils..wash the house with cow dung and bring a cow into the house to get back the purity of the house again"

I was thinking 'ha ha ha..so much for Tat Tvam Asi/Aham Brahmaasmi..Sama Darshinah etc"

There is nothing worse than Cakap Tak Serupa Bikin which means (one who does not practice what he preaches).

So its time to ask ourselves the question "Who actually denigrates Hinduism??"
.... We Hindus ourselves I guess!LOL

I can already guess the answers for my posts!LOL

Last edited:
I dont get it! Why do we complain if someone else denigrates Hinduism when most Hindus denigrate their own religion most of the time.

Hindus preach Aham Brahmaasmi..Tat Tvam Asi yet have man made rules that prohibit Dalits from entering a place of worship.

I also happen to read a famed orthodox website that said "if a Chandala enters the house of a Brahmana..the Brahmana needs throw away all cooked food..wash all utensils..wash the house with cow dung and bring a cow into the house to get back the purity of the house again"

I was thinking 'ha ha ha..so much for Tat Tvam Asi/Aham Brahmaasmi..Sama Darshinah etc"

There is nothing worse than Cakap Tak Serupa Bikin which means (one who does not practice what he preaches).

So its time to ask ourselves the question "Who actually denigrates Hinduism??"
.... We Hindus ourselves I guess!LOL

I can already guess the answers for my posts!LOL

Let us not mix social and societal problems with religion.

No one reads websites to follow their life. No one that I know has copies of Manu's work (and it is not applicable to today's life anyway).

I am sure there are narrow minded people in every part of the world including India. They can use and cite any work to justify their act and this happens in all religions . They are morons & dangerous and are not icons of any religion. There are extreme terrorists who bring bad name to religion like Islam.

The caste problem can be solved by bringing prosperity to India.

Almost 100% of people do not understand the Mahavakyas - they have no applicability here because they are not exclusive truths of Hindus. No one I know preaches them because they are not to be believed or swallowed. They are taught in few places in the world and serious students who learn these days come from all walks of life and from all background around the world.

The issue with books like that of Doniger is that she has systematically denigrated Hindus by false information. Since she is an academic person challenging her using the unwritten rules of academia and subjecting her to higher standards of research integrity is the right thing to do in my view.

There are books denigrating every religion. The best reaction to these books would be to ignore them. A few days after their publication they would be gathering dust.

The caste problem can be solved by bringing prosperity to India.

Dear Sir,

I don't think so that caste problem can be solved by prosperity. Caste problem can be solved only when casteism is eliminated from society. I think inter-caste marriages will eliminate casteism. I think we need to encourage inter-caste marriages. However since this thread discusses an entirely different topic, I do not want to elaborate further on this matter. Perhaps we may discuss this in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back