• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

donations to tamilbrahmins.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributing to our needy!

Dear Silverbfox,

I would like to send some money for helping poor Brahmins. Do you have an address in the States to which I can send? Please email me.
Amoorkan

Dear Sri Amoorkan:
Thank you for coming forward to help. As you know, we have been helping a few bright but needy students in Tamil Nadu. I am also trying to set up a Trust for us so that more people will come forward.
You could send me a check to my US address (I am going to Chennai by the end of Sept.); or if you have an account in India, you could send me an Indian check. I will hand over the money to Praveen (the founder of this forum).

Please see my private message to you for my address.
Thanks again!

dear silverfox,
i would like to contribute some money. kindly let me know in whose name the cheque should be drawn and address to send it.

Thank you, Madrams!

dear silverfox,
i would like to contribute some money. kindly let me know in whose name the cheque should be drawn and address to send it.

I have sent you a private message regarding this. I hope you understand why we do not publish personal info such as addresses and telephone numbers of members in public forums.

Thank you so much for your help.

Dear Silver fox,
Pl send me also the details in a pvt msg,
I am also interested to extend my help to the needy and poor brahmins.
Thanks and Regards

unable to reply thro private message

Dear slvenkat and vijisesh

I have sent you a private message. Please respond to that.

Thanks
Ramki

Hi Mr.Ramki
I am not able to reply through Private Message since there is a restriction on sending PMs until a person has recorded 10 posts.
At this point of time I cant think of anything worth posting except perhaps
LKG rhymes . I am sure members here have much better things to read than rhymes. So I decided not to do that. ( just kidding
icon7.gif
)

Well you can get the answer to your question by looking at my profile.

thanks
venkat

Dear Silver fox,
Pl send me also the details in a pvt msg,
I am also interested to extend my help to the needy and poor brahmins.
Thanks and Regards

Dear Vijisesh:
Please accept my apologies for not responding to you until now. I have been busy flying all over the place in the US on business. However, I see my dear friend Ramki has already responded to you. I will, however, send you a private message giving Praveen's home address to where you could send a check or DD. We were hoping to finalize the trust formation real soon;however, due to Praveen's accident there was some delay. Things should move on so that the trust could be formed.
Again, thank you for your support.

p.s. It must be jetlag!! (Yes, even within the US, one could have jetlag because of 4 time zones!). I just read that you couldn't access to private messages. Here is my email id: Please send me a message. [email protected]

Last edited:
Dear silverfox ,
I think there's some confusion here !
I am yet to receive any pvt msg !! regarding the address in chennai , where i can contribute !
Mr.Praveen's accident - u mention - hope it's not serious !
Bye

Hi
I joined in last month. I had asked on the 17th of last month as to how I can send my contribution for a good cause. I got a private message in reponse but unable to reply to it since I do not have the required number of postings (10) yet. Still I pointed out that my profile has the info that was asked for. But I am yet to get any info on where to send. I do not log/post often since I have hectic schedule.
So let me know how to send atleast by the next time I log in

thanks
venkat

Sorry! slvenkat!

Dear slvenkat:
I am terribly sorry about you not getting any response. Could you please send me your private email id and I will send you the details. As you will appreciate, we don't give out real names, address, phone numbers of our members on the public forum.
Thank you so much for keeping up with this; boy! we DO need more people like you! Bless your heart!

My private email id: [email protected]

Hi
I joined in last month. I had asked on the 17th of last month as to how I can send my contribution for a good cause. I got a private message in reponse but unable to reply to it since I do not have the required number of postings (10) yet. Still I pointed out that my profile has the info that was asked for. But I am yet to get any info on where to send. I do not log/post often since I have hectic schedule.
So let me know how to send atleast by the next time I log in

thanks
venkat

OOps. Sorry slvenkat. I have emailed Silverfox your email id from your profile.

Siverfox, can you kindly email him Praveen's address.

Thanks
Ramki

Dear slvenkat:
I am terribly sorry about you not getting any response. Could you please send me your private email id and I will send you the details. As you will appreciate, we don't give out real names, address, phone numbers of our members on the public forum.
Thank you so much for keeping up with this; boy! we DO need more people like you! Bless your heart!

My private email id: [email protected]

silver fox

what is happening on the trust. Is there any movement on the same

Dear Sarathy:
Funny you posted this query!! I just called Praveen in India and had a talk with him. First the good news! Praveen is doing fine now and he will be back to work (in case you didn't know, he was in a car accident). He said he was going to call Mr. Ram, the attorney, to set up a date so that Praveen and Bhooma could go and sign the papers at the registrar's office.
By the way, I am also leaving for Chennai from the US on Sept. 17th. I will be on top of this.
Believe me, Sarathy, I am as anxious as you are, in getting this stuff off the ground and running. This will clear everything and people will start donating. (I hope!!)
Thank you so much for your help to several people on your own accord. You are indeed a good soul!

silverfox,

I just enquired in the lighter sense. I was travelling for 30 days in india. 10 days in ahmedabad 10 days in chennai and 10 days in mumbai. I have not come to the site for the long time. That is the reason. I had gone www.sevalaya.org when i was in chennai and i was so happy about the whole thing. I wonder that if something of that sought could be done for brahmins children nothing like that. Offcourse the same had happened due to the great efforts of murali the founder and his friends and relatives over a period of 15 years.

Dear Silverbfox,

I would like to send some money for helping poor Brahmins. Do you have an address in the States to which I can send? Please email me.

Amoorkan

Dear Amoorkan saheb

Before sending any money please verify the credentials of this portal or organisation.
They are working agaisnt ******* telling that organisation is inefficient.
what is the new thing they will do?
What are their identies? At least you know the office bearers and office address of *******.Here they have not revealed their contact address and details of miney collected and utilised sofar.Even some names sound like Srilankan Tamils.
Fehu

Fehu! You are treading on water!

Dear Mr. Fehu:
Pray tell what ******* have done to the Brahmin community? Have they condemned attacks on Brahmins in newspapers or media? Have they helped out poor brahmin boys/girls in their education? We have collected money and have been supporting the education as well as medical emergencies of poor and needy brahmins. We DO give out our addresses/tel number privately because we do not want them published and misused by people like you. We approached the Tambrams many times to work with us but never heard from them. The executive committee members of Tambrams have their own agenda and are promoting themselves, just like the politicians.
Put your money where your mouth is; if you want to contribute to the good causes of Brahmin community, contribute and send us private mail. We will give you all the info you need. You can check us out. We are all educated professionals leading a very busy life; in spite of that, doing this voluntary work to bring our community together and help our boys/girls for their education.

So... Mr. Fehu, don't shoot your mouth off before you get all the facts. Just for your info: Mr. Amoorkan knows my name and where I live in the US.
I couldn't let go of your posting; I am responding to you from an airport!!

Dear Amoorkan saheb

Before sending any money please verify the credentials of this portal or organisation.
What are their identies? At least you know the office bearers and office address of *******.Here they have not revealed their contact address and details of miney collected and utilised sofar.Even some names sound like Srilankan Tamils.
Fehu

Last edited:
i agree. ******* is more a political forum for few ego monger. They have not done anything on the ground for the welfare of brahmins. One generation before TVS is to give loan scholarship and scholarship for brahmin boys and girl and i feel even that has stopped over a period of time. It is only the middle class which tries to do something with the limited mean and the nri who are outside the country.

Thank you, Sarathy.
To Mr. Fahu: PRP Sarathy has been helping our community - in addition to contributing to the general fund, he also has been helping the needy on his own.

i agree. ******* is more a political forum for few ego monger. They have not done anything on the ground for the welfare of brahmins. One generation before TVS is to give loan scholarship and scholarship for brahmin boys and girl and i feel even that has stopped over a period of time. It is only the middle class which tries to do something with the limited mean and the nri who are outside the country.

Dear Silverfox,

This posting is by one who could not tolerate any moderating suggestion to keep his postings in alignment with forum objectives and goals.

He is taking his anger out by throwing baseless accusations at the admin and this forum.

He has been banned.

Let us hope we will not have too many of such immature reactions and trouble-making intentions.

I wanted to write a line appreciating your good work done in helping us get a Trust going. On the donations and other monetary/legal front you are doing our community a great service.

Best Regards,
Chintana

Dear Amoorkan saheb

Fehu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back