• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Doing Oonabdhigam and varushabdheegam

Anyone please clarify. We are in US. Last year my Mother in law expired. My husband is the kartha. We have been doing all the Masiyams. But now since flights and US consultates are not open in India due to Corona, we don’t know how can we do the varushabdheegam here. Also my brother in law in India would like to do the Shraddham separately. When can he start doing it separately? After Oonabdheegam or after the last masiyam? When do they start doing separate shraddhas? Thanks
Lakshmi

Anyone please clarify. We are in US. Last year my Mother in law expired. My husband is the kartha. We have been doing all the Masiyams. But now since flights and US consultates are not open in India due to Corona, we don’t know how can we do the varushabdheegam here. Also my brother in law in India would like to do the Shraddham separately. When can he start doing it separately? After Oonabdheegam or after the last masiyam? When do they start doing separate shraddhas? Thanks
Lakshmi
You can check www,vadhyar.com and perhaps they can help. Annual Shradha can be performed separately and preferable according to Shastras.

Varusha Abdeegam has to be/can be performed by each son separately/or jointly by all the sons together in one place. However if one son be he eldest or not cannot perform the Varusha Abdeegam on the due date for various reasons other sons have to perform the same on the due date.

varusha aabdeekam must be done only by eldest son. other sons are not eligible.for doing varushaabdeekam, oona masikam, and masikam.only from second year each son must do separately.

Latest ads

Back