• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does God Feel Pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
You seem to be spending a lot of time on surfing Prasad ji,. Good post..
Knowing you, I think it is a compliment. But others throw at me as an insult. LOL.

I do not have self-knowledge! Nor am I all knower. So I take the help of others who are more knowledgeable. I also give the credit for it.

This also validates my points.

GANESH65

Knowing you, I think it is a compliment. But others throw at me as an insult. LOL.

I do not have self-knowledge! Nor am I all knower. So I take the help of others who are more knowledgeable. I also give the credit for it.

It surely is Prasad ji. I have no reason to insult you, so be rest assured. I said so because most of your posts showing credits to various web sites. It is quite obvious that one cannot access so many information without spending time on surfing.

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
You seem to be spending a lot of time on surfing Prasad ji,. Good post..
Knowing you, I think it is a compliment. But others throw it at me as an insult. LOL.

Last edited:

agopal

Yes. God realizes pain. He doesn't feel it as he doesn't have the appropriate mechanism to feel pain like the nervous system etc. All he sees is the light of all the souls flickering about moving in designated patterns. He doesn't see individual souls until he takes an avatar. All he sees is a collection of souls that too as a blob of light. That light doesn't move. There are such blobs of light for every life-embodied star systems( billions and billions of them). If he wants to see deeper then his soul (yes HE has a soul) has to enter the blob and go through and take up a life line. He can see the bigger picture - whether all the souls in the light blob are always kept in their life line or they go out of their life line and he can fix bigger problems like maximizing the souls that are kept in the life line. occasionally due to the inherent nature of such a structure fluctuations happen and souls shed their life lines. Sometimes the souls shed it on purpose. Sometimes the souls get disengaged with the life line. But, he knows that when the souls shed their life lines they flicker faster and energy gets released due to the strong bond that the life line and the soul makes. The more the energy , more the pain to the soul. But rest assured when it is out of the life line it feels no pain. He himself had gone through such a pain when he took up the primordial life line ( out of which all the life lines are created) . HE sacrificed and forcibly shed a life line to create many.
He felt pain then. He doesn't feel pain when a individual soul feels pain but he realizes what pain is.

biswa

Prasadji your Gita posts are right on the money.

I think God is neither good nor evil. Because then why does evil exist in God's creation? Or otherwise, we have to invent a Devil to justify the existence of evil.

munsaamy

( Preamble - You don't have to read it.......... I took part in this forum few years back that's when I learned ' my Chennai Tamizh' was not considered as Tamil. Even at that time I was learning English, but had no confidence in writing English. I said that to my English teacher. He said " போடா பயித்தாரா... இதுக்கு போய் கவலைப்படுவாளா? நாஞ்சொல்லித்தரேன்.. கத்துக்கடா".. I learned. Now I know three languages - Tamizh, Chennai Thamizh and English. By the way.... I stopped mixing water for the milk I supply to my Teacher... For the information of new comers, I am a milk vendor.

I lurk the forum once in 2 to 3 months. It was interesting to see the question would the God feel pain. I not only believe in God, I know God, my Teacher showed me. So I wanted to answer. I wanted to think. My சகலபாடி works in TASMAC. I asked him to put away a bottle of சரக்கு for me. He did. By the time I drank half the bottle I knew the answer... I got drunk as usual,but I knew the answer..).

God does not feel pain.

There are two theories to it.

Theory #1 - There is no God. So, God can not feel pain. Subject closed.

Theory #2 - There is God.

Going with theory #2, how do we define God? It is important because that defines does God feel pain or not.

What is God? Note, I did not say, " Who is God?". God is a 'What'. When Talking about Siva, they say Siva performs ' Cosmic Dance'...

Siva doesn't 'perform' cosmic dance.... but.. The Cosmic Dance is Siva. What is Cosmic Dance? It is the movement all the planets in this cosmos... It is the energy that makes the whole cosmos function... We call this in other words 'Nature'.

Nature makes it possible for the cosmos to exist and function. Nature creates, sustains and destroys..... We have a name for nature.... Brahman.....

Brahman is in equilibrium... in other words, this cosmos is in equilibrium.... sure, occasional meteorite showers does take place.... Hey, when you are considering slightly large volume as this cosmos, occasional meteorite showers are nothing....

Such Brahman.. or God... is everywhere... but doesn't have a form or figure .. pain pathway doesn't work here.

Since God does not have a confined figure we have, God can not feel pain. Matter of fact, God can't have any feeling at all..

P.S - My teacher is also a member of this forum. My writing may seem like his writing since he was training me for a very long time... But Munsaamy is Munsaamy. Munsaamy requests this forum to recognise Chennai Tamizh as a branch of Tamizh, so that Munsaamy may post in his mother tongue, that is Chennai Tamizh. Thank you.

Last edited:

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
Prasadji your Gita posts are right on the money.

I think God is neither good nor evil. Because then why does evil exist in God's creation? Or otherwise, we have to invent a Devil to justify the existence of evil.

Thanks.

sravna

Yes. God realizes pain. He doesn't feel it as he doesn't have the appropriate mechanism to feel pain like the nervous system etc. All he sees is the light of all the souls flickering about moving in designated patterns. He doesn't see individual souls until he takes an avatar. All he sees is a collection of souls that too as a blob of light. That light doesn't move. There are such blobs of light for every life-embodied star systems( billions and billions of them). If he wants to see deeper then his soul (yes HE has a soul) has to enter the blob and go through and take up a life line. He can see the bigger picture - whether all the souls in the light blob are always kept in their life line or they go out of their life line and he can fix bigger problems like maximizing the souls that are kept in the life line. occasionally due to the inherent nature of such a structure fluctuations happen and souls shed their life lines. Sometimes the souls shed it on purpose. Sometimes the souls get disengaged with the life line. But, he knows that when the souls shed their life lines they flicker faster and energy gets released due to the strong bond that the line and the soul makes. The more the energy , more the pain to the soul. But rest assured when it is out of the life line it feels no pain. He himself had gone through such a pain when he took up the primordial life line ( out of which all the life lines are created) . HE sacrificed and forcibly shed a life line to create many.
He felt pain then. He doesn't feel pain when a individual soul feels pain but he realizes what pain is.

Well said. Though there is no physical or mental pain for God, He realizes pain of the souls at the spiritual level. Good point.

sravna

Dear Sravna,

If God feels pain... God cannot be God. Remember, God is in equilibrium... feeling pain is not in equilibrium... There can be no pain.....

This is God..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e17naoTrmE

Dear Shri Munsaamy,

When I said He realizes pain at the spiritual level, there is no disharmony or disequilibrium but direct perception of the reality that pain is there and what it entails. He does not feel actual pain.

munsaamy

Dear Shri Munsaamy,

When I said He realizes pain at the spiritual level, there is no disharmony or disequilibrium but direct perception of the reality that pain is there and what it entails. He does not feel actual pain.

Dear Sravna Sir, At the spiritual level there can be no pain... Spiritual level is only for humans, never for God.... God is everywhere... I am drunk, but, God directs my fingers.... God will not feel any pain at any level....
Only when God feels no pain God can take away my pains...... God = Cosmic Energy that means no pain..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Pt-dKwvwQ

sravna

I would also like to add folks, that god as an avatar does not feel pain in the real sense. For example Lord Rama went through difficult times, but at the inner level the pain is not there because the mind and soul are consummate. It is only an apparent pain at the external level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoynumerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks