• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dhikshitars of Chidambaram are also Tamil Brahmins too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sec in India

Dear sri KRSji,

My point was secularism can not be applied if your surroundings
have non secular attitude towards you. At the same time we cannot ignore certain facts in the name of secularism.Here if you bring facts and statistics based on a religion, it would be colored communal.If you are not agree with it , its fine.
All people are not equal.People of equal good acts are equal.
Assume if there is a bomb blast.Which group will you suspect? A Brahmin?A chettiar?
There are equal possibilities theoritically.But the ground reality is different.
Even hard core secularists I believe wont buy a land for themselves in Ukkadam or Melappalayam or hugely muslim dominant area.Its not because they hate some religion.But some commnunities in India could
not control its radical elements.( XXXX areava? Prachana pannuvangale!!Many might have heard it.Thats based many people's
on personal experiences.We know the fact.But we wont come out and say it in public .)
The Govt also couldnt do it. Its because of it we can travel to
Saudi and we are not able to go and settle in such places.If you feel pointing out such cases doesnt affect secularism , Its fine.May be you are a new kind of secularist .
I am not for bluntly attacking other religions and others personally.But wrong anti brahmins views should be countered.If a CM shows enormous hate against a community calling it 'snakes'(AAriya aravam) and
others follow them to please him with his blessings,Its our duty to react in all possible legal ways.It may be anyone.How talented and his backgrounds are irrelevant.If others try to isolate you show our protests.

If you dont agree with religious quota its fine. I dont get carried away by anyone the so called anti secularists.I can have my own opinions on issues.
I just pointed out our community's helplessness in preventing injustice to our people.Worst case,some will make fun of it and find fault with us(Quota unakku mattumada...Oorukena irukku.Macha pasanga varala?).
The news headlines are not results of secularism.The news headlines are secularism in India.Others are fascists and many
researchers have found out they are bigger evils for the country than naxals.
Again other religions , rather I can say other religious groups if they work against us,We need to counter them.If they are
cordial we can be more cordial.
I didnt reply any of your particular post in the thread.But yes ,some of them would be in response to your posts. esp the Nazi remark!!!( I dont think anyone from our community at minimum, put a blade and do a pickpocket successfully(given it as a challenge).Not sure if they can turn into Nazis) I got the feeling many times some arguments by the so called secularists(in this forum as well as in India) dont reflect the ground reality.Just wanted to bring my opinions on it.

Thanks,
Fire

Dear Sri fire Ji,

Since you have touched on many points in my posting, my response is interspersed in 'blue':

Pranams,
KRS

Dear Sri fire Ji,

Reading your response above, I just realized that you may be confusing inter community relatiomship with secularism.

Secularism is at the policy level of a Government, in terms of how a country should govern it's majority and minorities. This ofcourse requires the approval and support of the majority. Secularism is the anti dote against communal violence and as such safe guards the interests of minorities while promoting the majority values. In my opinion, this is the only way to peacefully share and grow as a community in a multi cultural nation.

What you are talking about has nothing to do with secularism. It is the result of both the local and the national governments ruling through vote banks and policies are made in an adhoc manner without regard to the well being of the state's or nation's well being. Almost the Goonda Raj. This will only change if the country as a whole is more educated and moves towards the governments that deliver to the people.

I stand by my reference to Nazism. In a world where the majority feels as a whole that it's interests and opinions do not matter, one creates a dangerous situation. In such a climate it is very easy for demagogues with ulterior motives to seize upon the initiative and kick up the fervour. The problem with such kicking up of hate against other communities is that the only outlet for such a fervour ends up shedding blood of the innocents. I know we are largelt sattvic. But not all of us are. History teaches us to be careful when such situations arise.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear Appaiahji,

Namaskaram. I did not get access to a computer in the last few days. I was distressed to read your post with the following quote:

I was also very upset at seeing sarcastic comments on my post. I was upset not just because of the sarcasm aimed at me, but because we believe that the words of the Maharishis and Acharyas are to be remembered for the goodness in them, the good messages that they convey; but alas, our own fellow Tamil Brahmin has stooped to the level of using these quotable quotes for passing sarcastic comments on another fellow Tamil Brahmin. What an abuse? If that be the case how to save the community?

If there is a remote chance that my posting/s were construed as aimed at you I beg your forgiveness. They were never meant to be sarcastic against you or anyone else.

If you still feel hurt, the only thing I can do is to stop posting altogether as an atonement.

I hold you in high esteem for your researched postings.

Regards,
Saab

Dear Sri Saab

I was not upset for any sarcasm, though I thought it was aimed at me. What I felt for was the sarcastic use of certain words that were often used by Bhagawan Sri Ramana. If you had used your own words, I might have not even posted about it.

I hope you understand me on this. While in the public, we cannot expect everyone to be the same. Each one would have one's own style of expressing, we must be prepared for that. But in a forum of Tamil Brahmins, who generally are perceived satvic, the use of words used by Saints may be reserved only for serious study and not for fun - was my feeling. I felt that it results in ridiculing them than otherwise. It is akin to certain "unreasonable friends" using the slang used by brahmins to mock at us. Nothing more than that.

I am relieved that you have the sincerely desire to address an issue raised. That will take care of the rest. My apologies if I have sounded harsh. Please donot stop posting, that defeats the purpose of this forum and I shall never be a cause for the exit or silence of anyone else. I have high regrds for you.

Namaskarams

Appaiah

Last edited:
Dear Appaiahji,

Thank you. Let bygones be bygones. Let's do our best to share each other's knowledge, help educate fellow Brahmins and help ourselves.

This forum will carry us all.

Regards,
Saab

Thank you

Dear Malgova mango,
Thanks for your initiative. I dont know if we need to make a formal announcement in this forum about this voting. There are websites where you can officially sign petitions. Pl let me know what should be the next step.

Regards.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Dear Sri Vanam[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Thanks for appreciating my ideas, let ask our folks opinions in this forum – all they have to do is to "yes" or "no" for this idea to materialize. Let's see how it turns. - I vote –" yes" for signature campaign, to protest against TN government meddling in the temple affair.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I'm also talking about tamil- brahmins, shastrigal is a brahmin.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In India , with multi-party democracy in place, you will never/or damn hard to get justice – the issue will be covered in dust. This is my opinion, please re-consider. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Regards[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]malgova.mango[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Dear Mr.KRS,

You have written:
1. There is now an Acharya Sabha, which very recently had a dialogue with the Jewish religious leaders in Israel and published a memorandum on mutual understanding while condemning the aggressive conversion tactics of certain religions.

2. The same Sabha is actively engaged in ongoing conversations with the Christians. I am sure it will engage in such conversations with other religions, including Islam, Buddhism, Jainism, etc., etc.,
I did a google search and found the following resolution by the Acharya Sabha.

Reconversion(Ghar Vapasi issues).

Noting that

• more and more families seem to be interested in returning to their own traditions of faith and
worship, realizing the disruption and discord that religious conversion is creating in their communities;

• assistance to such ‘returnees’—Ghar Vapasi families--is resented by individuals and entities
engaged in conversion activities, and therefore attempts will increase to throw doubts on and discredit
re-conversion;

• after re-conversion, families face intimidation by hostile forces and will, therefore, need sustained
efforts at re-absorption in their local communities.

It is hereby resolved that

• every Acharya member is hereby authorized and empowered on behalf of the Acharya Sabha , to
encourage, undertake freely and bless all voluntary and genuine re-conversions to Hindu Dharma;

• Such blessing may be accompanied by a simple sanctification ceremony, chosen by the Acharya
for the re-converting families/individuals; they may be given simple Hindu names by which they will be
called and known to authorities henceforth; as a mark of re-conversion they may be blessed with a copy
of the Bhagavad Gita or a small pendant with a god/goddess of the family’s choice or any other such
religious symbol;

• Acharya members should in their tours and pravachans emphasize that such returning
individuals/families must be readily accepted socially and get connected through marriage etc ( “rotibeti
sambhanda”);

• Acharya members may grant privileged darsanam, singly or collectively, to such Ghar Vapasi
individuals/families in their field tours and in their Mathas/Peethas; this gesture will be valued greatly
by the returning individuals/families;

• The reconverting individuals/families should be free to choose their ancestral caste identity if
known and preferred; if not, this may be left to themselves and the village community to be settled
amicably; in doing so, any special economic benefit that may be available under law or government
schemes, should be kept in mind so that the returnees benefit accordingly;

• It is essential that suitable documentation should precede and follow any Ghar Vapasi program;
they are: (1) an application for voluntary re-conversion; (2) an affidavit to be sworn by the voluntary reconvert;
and (3) a Report to the District Authorities of the Government (sub divisional
magistrate/District Collector or any other official prescribed by the State government concerned)
intimating of such voluntary re-conversion with the new name(s). The documentation should be as
shown in the attachment to this Resolution; and

• Special care must be taken, with the help of devotees of the Acharya Sabha member, to see that the
reconverted individual/family is not subsequently intimidated or lured/enticed by evangelists or their
agents, or authorities misled, about such re-conversion with a view to bring ill-repute or harm to such
Ghar Vapasis. This follow-up action may need frequent visit to, or even stationing of an activist in, the
village/ community for a while.

Sincerely,

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Dear Sri Vanam![/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Let me tell you the inside story, then consider the effectiveness of signature protest....[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The roots of this issue, could be found when he became a cm previous time, that time the odhuvars , and the temple musicians, he slowly replaced with other jathis..[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When he came this time, he ordered the then minister for religious affair to initiate the changes for the priests, that minister told, it is not a proper thing to do and refused to initiate changes, before he went back to madurai, his minister post ( he served the party for a long time) were removed and a new minister was appointed ... He has such a hatred for our vedic culture.. make no mistake about it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Only International pressure will highlight the plight of our native culture suffering in the hands of this politicians........[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Just for your considerations....[/FONT]

[/FONT]

ready

Mango Ji,
Thanks for the insite. If you think, we should take this issue to international level, then we should go for it. There are so many well to do brahmins who are doctors, engineers, scientist, lawyers all over the world. If we all unite, I am sure we can face any kind of anti-brahmin forces.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Dear Sri Vanam![/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Let me tell you the inside story, then consider the effectiveness of signature protest....[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The roots of this issue, could be found when he became a cm previous time, that time the odhuvars , and the temple musicians, he slowly replaced with other jathis..[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When he came this time, he ordered the then minister for religious affair to initiate the changes for the priests, that minister told, it is not a proper thing to do and refused to initiate changes, before he went back to madurai, his minister post ( he served the party for a long time) were removed and a new minister was appointed ... He has such a hatred for our vedic culture.. make no mistake about it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Only International pressure will highlight the plight of our native culture suffering in the hands of this politicians........[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Just for your considerations....[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Senior Members, Young Turks, Silent Members , other members, I'm eager to know your views about the above idea.

Dear Sri Vanam

Patience please, there could be some flaw, which they may don't want to put it fearing that could hurt our feelings.

Dear all respected Ladies and Gentlemen..

The above idea could be very amateurish, it is just to initiate a discussion on how to protect against this calculated attack against our vedic culture. Please contribute your mighty thoughts..

I read , the recent resevation to OBC- The SC bench of judges approved it, saying the upper caste (I DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THIS TERM...) oppressed the OBC's for centuries and it there due to receive.

This is a baseless charge, we didn't suppress any people for centuries, there may be abuse by some sections , but it is not justifiable to punish the whole society. We infact did the opposite , we prayed not only for others maturity and well-being, we also exercised exterme caution in indulging in material pursuits. There may be miscreants , but to punish a whole society for generations is highly deplorable act.

How long we are going to endure this abuse? "KUTTA KUTTA KUNIYARAVANUM MUTTAL, KUNIYA , KUNIYA KUTTARAVANUM MUTTAL" . Let's put our heart to face the challenge.

Regards,

enough

Mango ji,

I think we have waited enough. I am really discouraged by the lack of response.

Dear Sri Vanam

Patience please, there could be some flaw, which they may don't want to put it fearing that could hurt our feelings.

Dear all respected Ladies and Gentlemen..

The above idea could be very amateurish, it is just to initiate a discussion on how to protect against this calculated attack against our vedic culture. Please contribute your mighty thoughts..

I read , the recent resevation to OBC- The SC bench of judges approved it, saying the upper caste (I DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THIS TERM...) oppressed the OBC's for centuries and it there due to receive.

This is a baseless charge, we didn't suppress any people for centuries, there may be abuse by some sections , but it is not justifiable to punish the whole society. We infact did the opposite , we prayed not only for others maturity and well-being, we also exercised exterme caution in indulging in material pursuits. There may be miscreants , but to punish a whole society for generations is highly deplorable act.

How long we are going to endure this abuse? "KUTTA KUTTA KUNIYARAVANUM MUTTAL, KUNIYA , KUNIYA KUTTARAVANUM MUTTAL" . Let's put our heart to face the challenge.

Regards,

Dear Sri Vanam!

Vidhiyagappatathu Valiyathu

What cannot be changed , must be endured.

Regards

ashamed

Mango ji
I am really ashamed to be a part of Tamil brahmin community. I think Tamil Brahmins are all losers and they will continue to be losers because they have no unity. Anyway thanks for your effort.

Dear Sri Vanam!

Vidhiyagappatathu Valiyathu

What cannot be changed , must be endured.

Regards

A Devi Upaasaka tells me of the connection between Chidambaram and Soundaryalahari. He says:

"Soundaryalahari is a mantra shashtra and a wonderful composition by Sankara which encompasses Srividya in a nutshell. Generally, it is a practice that upasakas compose the poetry keeping in view of their ishta devata in mind that is related to a particular region. It can be found out that this Soundaryalahari was composed keeping in view of one such devata, and that is Goddess Sivakamasundari of Chidambaram. There are several instances in Saundaryalahari, when traced back the origin of certain words, would refer to this great goddess. For example, the sloka no. 69:

gale rekhas-tisro gati-gamaka-gitaika-nipune
vivaha-vyanaddha-praguna-guna-sankhya-pratibhuvah /
virajante nanavidha-madhura-ragakara-bhuvam
trayanam gramanam sthiti-niyama-simana iva te //

The word “gramanam” occurs in the fourth line of the shloka – means the three-fold classification of ragas Shadja, Madhyama and Gandhara. Background of carnatic music is necessary here to understand these. These 3 ragas are manifested as three lines on the neck of Tripurasundari.

A still deeper meaning is that Sri Sankara Bhagavatpada refers the three (3) villages that are encoded in this sloka. These 3 villages are 1) Puliyoor 2) Thillaivanam 3) Chidambaram.

Puliyoor was the place where Sage Vyaghrapada resided. Thillaivanam was the forest where there were several mutts and ashrams of upasakas. Chidambaram is the Chit Sabha where Nataraja sports with Sivakamasundari. The “laasya”, a typical dance of Sivakamasundari is described in Soundaryalahari.

Similarly, there are several slokas that refer to this great place Chidambaram. So, some of the scholars conclude that Saundaryalahari was composed in the premises of Chidambaram keeping in view the Goddess Sivakamasundari."

‘Ex-Minister inciting feud between sects’

NT Bureau | Mon, 19 May, 2008,03:14 PM

. The Dikshithars of Chidambaram temple have demanded action against former HR & CE Minister V V Swaminathan for inciting violence between the Shaivite and Vaishnavite sects.

The Chidambaram Natarajar temple has a sanctum for Govindaraja Perumal. The temple is under the administration of the Dikshitars for ages.

. Swaminathan, a few days back alleged that the Dikshithars in the temple were proving to be a barrier for the Brahmotsavam festival for Govindaraja Perumal.

Replying to the the allegations, the Dikshithars said that the Natarajar temple in Chidambaram is the Akasa sthalam.

For the past 200 years, there has been amiable relationship between the Shaivite and Vaishnavite sects.

Swaminathan, who has lost his sheen in politics, is trying to kick up the issue to revive his political aspirations.

They also said ‘The Dikshithars have shown to the world their love for Tamil by allowing the Oduvars to recite the Thevaram’.

They demanded that the government take action be taken against Swaminathan under the Goondas Act for inciting violence on the basis of caste and creed.

Deekshidars And Oduvars.

DT. 26.05.08

THE FIGHT BETWEEN DIKSHIDARS AND ODUVARS ARE IN FACT THE FGHT BETWEEN ODUVARS AND BRAHMINS ON THE ISSUE WHO IS SUPERIOR TO WHOM AND WHO IS CLOSE TO GOD.

I REMEMBER THE STORYOF THE MONEY AS A JUDGE TO DECIDE THE FILGHT BETWEEN TWO CATS ON THE ISSUE OF OWNER SHIP OF FOOD. CATS . tHE POLITICINAS ROLL BEFITS THTA OF MONKEY.

GOD IS OMIPOTENT AND DOES NOT RECOGNIZE ANY ONE SINGLE LANAGUAGE. HE CAN BE REACHED ONLY BY DEVOTION AND NOT BY ANUY PARTICULAR LANGUAGE.

jANASAMBANDAR, NANDANAR ORADAINED THE BLESSING OF GOD B SINGING ON TAMIL ONLY. SIMILARLY ADISHANKARA GOT THE DARSHAN OF LORD SHIVA BY HIS SLOKAS IN SANSKRIT. HIS SLOKAS IN SANSKRIT MADAE THE POOR LADYS HOUSSE RICH. kANAKADARA STOTRAM. jANASMABANDAR'S PARYER IN TAMIL MADE THE DEAD GIRL TO RISE WITH LIFE.

iNSHORT LANGUAGE CANNOT BE BARIER TO REACH GOD.

THE ODUVARS HAVAE BEEN SUPORTED NOT BECAUSE OFLOVE TOWARDS TAMIL BUT BECAUSE OF HATRED TOWARDS BRAHMINS.

BOTH ODUVARS AND DEESHITHAS SHOULD REALIZE THE TWO PILLARS OF HINDUISM OR HINDUTWA. IF THE Y REASLIE AND FORGET THEIR EGO AND POSSIVENESS TOWARDS GOD THEN THE POLITICIANS CANNOT CAPITALISE THE WEAKNESS THAT IS AFFECTING OUR HINDUSIM.

PRABHAKARAN.

KN and DK are also involved in actively usurping land by force in Kanchipuram - there hv bn quite a few fight scenes in these past few months with knives and all. Again it is no wonder these things are not reported in the press. i do not know if any TBs are affected but i certainly know a good many NBs are affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back