• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dhanur Masam or Margazhi

drsundaram

Today is the first day of Dhanur Masam or Margazhi in Tamizh. Lord Krishna says I am the month of Margazhi.
Thiruppavai Upanyasam is quite common in Tamizhnadu. Had been blessed to hear the vyakyanam of Sri U. Ve. Velukkudi Varadhachariyar father of the famous Pravachana Kartha Sri U.Ve. Velukkudi Krishnan. His words resonate even after thirty years. Narayanane namaku "Parai" Tharuvan. Sriman Narayanan is the only one capable of granting us "Parai". Parai is the synthesis of relinquishing all deeds, desires except His Seva.
Like Purattasi or Kanni month this is a month of nonbu, virat or penance. This is the last month of Dakshinayan. A month to reciting Tiruppavai and Thiruvempavai which is nostaligic in childhood.
One would be blessed with handful of hot VenPongal Prasadam in temples. Thirivathira, Vaikunta Ekadasi, Koodarai Valli, Anjaneya Jayanthi all fall in this month.
This is one of the months I used to look forward when I was a small boy
Sree Andal Thiruvadigale Saranam

Today is the first day of Dhanur Masam or Margazhi in Tamizh. Lord Krishna says I am the month of Margazhi.
Thiruppavai Upanyasam is quite common in Tamizhnadu. Had been blessed to hear the vyakyanam of Sri U. Ve. Velukkudi Varadhachariyar father of the famous Pravachana Kartha Sri U.Ve. Velukkudi Krishnan. His words resonate even after thirty years. Narayanane namaku "Parai" Tharuvan. Sriman Narayanan is the only one capable of granting us "Parai". Parai is the synthesis of relinquishing all deeds, desires except His Seva.
Like Purattasi or Kanni month this is a month of nonbu, virat or penance. This is the last month of Dakshinayan. A month to reciting Tiruppavai and Thiruvempavai which is nostaligic in childhood.
One would be blessed with handful of hot VenPongal Prasadam in temples. Thirivathira, Vaikunta Ekadasi, Koodarai Valli, Anjaneya Jayanthi all fall in this month.
This is one of the months I used to look forward when I was a small boy
Sree Andal Thiruvadigale Saranam

hi

very nice words....i remember early morning BHAJANAI in my child hood with cold weather...sooda venpongal

from perumal kovil...

Latest ads

Back