• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Delhi’s ban on fire crackers is welcome

prasad1

What happened to my Diwali?

Diwali without sweets: Yes with Diabetes, and people being health-conscious the fun of Diwali is lost. You can not indulge in eating sweets,

Diwali without Oil Diya: Yes the candles and LED lights are not the same as the pottery Diya, with a cotton wick, and oil had its own charm. There was an effort that the whole family put in to put a Diya in every corner of the house.

Now with the ban on fireworks Fun of Diwali is gone.

The lyrics of this beautiful Gazal is here:
https://www.lyricsindia.net/songs/2281

The Delhi government on Thursday imposed a complete ban on the sale and bursting of all fire crackers, including green crackers, from November 7 to 30, after chief minister Arvind Kejriwal reviewed the worsening air pollution and the Covid-19 situation in the city. After a meeting with senior officials, Mr Kejriwal said that Covid-19 cases have increased due to the festival season and air pollution. On Thursday, Delhi woke up to severe air pollution, with the air quality index (AQI) touching 452. AQI between 401 and 500 is considered to be severe, which can impact healthy people and seriously affect those with existing health conditions. On November 4, the National Green Tribunal had exhorted the Union and Delhi governments to take a similar step.

All for the good cause of reducing pollution, Healthy eating habits, and keeping a safe distance in the times of Covid. I understand and support the efforts.
I still have a nostalgic memory of Diwali from childhood, that is lost for ever.
Happy Diwali.

1604664892622.png

Latest ads

Back