• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dalit sanitation workers at DU say they lost job for speaking out

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Perhaps this is the state of affair prevailing at the national capital.

Dalit sanitation workers at DU say they lost job for speaking out

A group of Dalit sanitation workers, who worked at a Delhi University hostel, has been sitting on a protest for nearly a month alleging that they were removed from their jobs after they approached the SC/ST Commission over alleged misbehaviour of their supervisor.

University officials said the contract with the private company that employed these workers got over after which another company was given the work.

Ten workers, who worked at the Under Graduate Hostel for Girls (UGHG), approached the commission last year after facing harassment from their supervisor, who allegedly made casteist remarks while addressing them. The supervisor was removed from her job in November.

Read more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi...peaking-out/story-Xa7gk2GmLYUOKpgVbvZoLN.html

In case any conflict with higher officials, it is customary on the part of the Dalits to make allegation that they are subjected to abuse with casteist remarks.
After amendment of the said act, now, an independent witness (of a person other than dalit) is required.

post 4...Yes Mohan ji, I was showing the irony when Brahmins are becoming sanitation workers, how much of insult they have to face in society

Read somewhere that most of the Sulabh Shauchalayas (Public Toilets) in Delhi are cleaned and looked after by Brahmins and this very welcome move was initiated by a Brahmin).

While there are few who come here to preach and talk like sadhu and yogi , there are Brahmins who really believe in action. Unsung Heroes.

I would prefer poor tamil brahmins to become vaishnavite vadhyars.

It is one of the most paying profession outside tamilnadu.

I am outsourcing some from tamilnadu for a function in bangalore.

I met them in calcutta at a family function for which they had travelled from tamilnadu to perform

I was impressed with their enterprise and gave them another assignment at bangalore.

I also offered to pick up a vaishnavite beggar in chennai.

The man does not know his value outside tamilnadu.

The brahmin in sulabh sauchalaya are UP, bihar brahmins.

Tamil vaishnavite brahmin are meant for better things in life.

Amazon can offer to provide services of the tamil vaishnavite vadhyars at the click of a button .

It will be a hit.

Last edited:
One would suggest first to help the Brahmins who are cleaning the toilets at Delhi, who are reportedly belongs to UP, Bihar, etc

And why discrimination in helping Brahmins based on their State they belong???

And once this assignment proved successful, one can think of extending this to Tamil Nadu Brahmins who are in fact dong well at present except a few.

And there are well established Organistions already functioing in the State and helping poor Brahmins in lot of ways and means.

I am not helping anyone in particular.

My need is Tamil vaishnavite vadhyars.

This is a business demand. No altruism

If my toilet is not washed, I can use sulabh shauchalaya brahmins.

I am a consumer ,not a charity house

This is a business demand.

One cannot use this Forum for any commercial purposes.

Go through the terms of service.

You are free to establish your own blog and extend your activities with an eye on commercial purpose.

Returning to the topic of dalit sanitation workers in the university, They are an exploited lot.

They are engaged by contractors who under pay them and ill treated utilising casteist language by supervisors.

the teaching community also treats dalit students and staff differently.

Dalit students occupy often last rows in class rooms.

Dalit teachers are treated on a different footing by their colleagues who would not like even to share a meal in lunch times.

They are not kept in loop during social functions.

Most get a hunted look and look for insult in everything others do around them.

There is hardly any integration and social interaction between them and others.

Such postings reminds me of the proverbial crocodile tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back