• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Daily Dose Of Interesting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
An unexpected side-effect of the flooding in parts of Pakistan has been
that millions of spiders climbed up into the trees to escape the rising flood
waters.
Because of the scale of the flooding and the fact that the water has taken
so long to recede, many trees have become cocooned in spiders webs.
People in this part of Sindh have never seen this phenomenon before but
they also report that there are now far fewer mosquitoes than they would
expect, given the amount of stagnant, standing water that is around.
It is thought that the mosquitoes are getting caught in the spiders web thus
reducing the risk of malaria, which would be one blessing for the people of Sindh,
facing so many other hardships after the floods.

The trees covered with spider web!!!

#23. Elementary facts about elements.

Ozone (O[SUB]3[/SUB]) is an allotrope (different form) of oxygen that combines three oxygen atoms together.

While ground level ozone is an air pollutant, the ozone layer in the Earth’s upper atmosphere

provides protection from the suns harmful rays by filtering UV light.

The sun’s mass is made up of around 1% oxygen.

o3.png

Ozone depletion describes two distinct but related phenomena observed since the late 1970s: a steady decline of about 4% per decade in the total volume of ozone in Earth's stratosphere (the ozone layer), and a much larger springtime decrease in stratospheric ozone over Earth's polar regions.

The latter phenomenon is referred to as the ozone hole. In addition to these well-known stratospheric phenomena, there are also springtime polar
tropospheric ozone depletion events.

The details of polar ozone hole formation differ from that of mid-latitude thinning, but the most important process in both is
catalytic destruction of ozone by atomic halogens.[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion#cite_note-0[/SUP] The main source of these halogen atoms in the stratosphere is photodissociation of man-made halocarbon refrigerants (CFCs, freons, halons).

These compounds are transported into the stratosphere after being emitted at the surface.
[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion#cite_note-1[/SUP] Both types of ozone depletion were observed to increase as emissions of halo-carbons increased.

CFCs and other contributory substances are referred to as ozone-depleting substances (ODS). Since the ozone layer prevents most harmful UVB wavelengths (280–315 nm) of
ultraviolet light (UV light) from passing through the Earth's atmosphere, observed and projected decreases in ozone have generated worldwide concern leading to adoption of the Montreal Protocol that bans the production of CFCs, halons, and other ozone-depleting chemicals such as carbon tetrachloride and trichloroethane.

It is suspected that a variety of biological consequences such as increases in
skin cancer, cataracts,[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion#cite_note-Dobson2005-2[/SUP]damage to plants, and reduction of plankton populations in the ocean's photic zone may result from the increased UV exposure due to ozone depletion.

Courtesy Wikipedia.

Dear VR ji,

I am surprised that you want to leave...when I look back at the situation I feel it is me who should be leaving cos what you faced here was pale in comparison to what I faced.

All the differences of opinion members exchanged with you was just on what was written.

Imagine me..when I thought of sharing what I went through with everyone some entities were dragging in irrelevant issues like Pottu etc at the wrong time too and dare call me "meek surrender"

I was just thinking to myself that in any battle both parties are armed with weapons.
It is considered Adharma to attack a person who is not armed.
So can you imagine....people who claim to be keepers of tradition and customs do not even know the rules and Dharma of a battle.

I can tell off that person too that the political situation faced by his community in TN is also MEEK SURRENDER but I did not want to hurt the feelings of the majority here who are well wishers and basically nice people.

Then we have people who try to act diplomatic and indirectly support heartless creatures and attack any well wisher who has the balls to stand up.

All these are considered just differences of opinion according to them.
No one is stupid enough not to see through such messages.

I wonder why you want to leave..didn't you yourself say everyone has the right to voice his opinion?

Just take it that way..do NOT leave.

Even though I was not too happy with what you wrote about me too but I am still asking you to stay.
I bear no grudge and this is a request to you to stay.

The last time when you wanted to leave I did ask you to stay and many other members too ask you to stay.

Just think about it VR Ji..when I was so down and was attacked by people filled with hatred all just for the sake of me not adhering to some customs..If I can still stay..I do not find any reason why anyone else should leave.

Last edited:

Dear Sis,

I can understand how much you are hurt now! I have been telling you that the forum is a maya. But you continued

to considered everyone here as your extended family and so it is sure to hurt you more. I am really very very sorry. :sad:

You have contributed the maximum useful information to this forum and increased its 'sale' value, for sure! :popcorn:

Some of the threads which you started, posting interesting articles every day, spending your valuable time, might be

missed by the members who are eager to learn more. But your blogs are always there for those who really wish to learn

more. You need not waste your precious time and energy in the forum fights. Please take care of your precious health. :high5:

Dear V.R ji It is sad to see u leave because all problem was not started by u.
It was started by a member who has an extra molecule of oxygen in his name and you got dragged in and all members started to fight.

I remember in some post you had called me son.
So as a mother please stay back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back